• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
DarrylBD99's Wardrobe

Resource DarrylBD99's Wardrobe 1.1

Lord Lucario 35

Cooltrainer
Why have you taken away the list from pbBuyClothes? I said that it uses the list to check if the player has any of the items listed in it in the bag.

You need the pbPokemonMart with the list of items to buy AND pbBuyClothes with the same list of items to convert them for this plugin to use.
That makes sense. I finally was able to get it work. Thanks for your time and help! Hopefully I don't run into anymore issues.

LinKazamine

Champion
Well, you have to see if the pbWardrobe (the code to open the wardrobe) works. I said before that it worked but it works for me after I don't know how many modifications to the code to add the pockets so maybe I fixed the errors along the way.

If there are errors, I may be able to post a fix.

taku

Novice
Hello excuse me to bother you I would like to add the wardrobe and I start in code you could help me

LinKazamine

Champion
Hello excuse me to bother you I would like to add the wardrobe and I start in code you could help me
What is your problem exactly? You say "start in code" but I'm not sure what you mean by that.

LinKazamine

Champion
pbWardrobe opens the UI. pbWardrobe(text) opens the UI and changes the [player's name]'s Wardrobe text that appears in the top left corner with the text you wrote.

pbUnlockOutfit(outfit_index) gives the player the outfit defined in the "outfit_index" position in OUTFITS (in configuration). Outfit_index has to be a number and the first position starts on index 0.

LinKazamine

Champion
You write pbWardrobe in a script call in an event. The option to write the script call is there:
1708766403499.png

The pbUnlockOutfit(outfit_index) has to be called with a script call in an event as well.

taku

Novice
Hello is to know if we can make an object to store his clothes and how please thank you

DarrylBD99

A YouTuber that really REALLY loves making games
Oooookay... I really need to turn on notifications here (edit: Welp, I did set this thread to watch. It might be broken 😅). First off, thanks a lot LinKazamine for doing discussion support over my place. Second to last, I'll probably have to backread tmw to see if I can help out with anything and/or if there are any good ideas for this resource I can look into adding.

edit: just did so

Last edited:

DarrylBD99

I like this plugin and the UI it gives to change the character's outfit, but I have a suggestion. Have you considered adding a sort of pockets that group similar clothes together like in the official games? I'm trying to do so myself (and I think I managed though I haven't tested it yet), but I thought that it could be nice to give the option to give the developer the choice to add pockets. I understand if you decide not to.
The way I implemented this is to support the existing outfit system used in Pokemon Essentials and allow a more interactive way of changing outfits with that. However, it doesn't exactly allow full customization of your outfits like in normal games. I know there is a plugin called Advanced Character Customization, and I did consider making it compatible with that when I made the v21.1 port. However, it only supports v17 and 18 so... no point making compatibility with that.
Hello little question is what it is possible to make a clothing store in 20.1 thanks
That is... actually a really cool idea! I'll probably even make it function similarly to the Pokemart UI. But personally, I don't really like the method of using items as a way of obtaining the outfits (as presented). It just feels way too clunky (no offense). I'll probably make it so that way unlike the pbPokemonMart, it takes in the outfit names shown in the config file and you can just purchase it directly.

Welp... guess that's going in my todo list!
Hello is to know if we can make an object to store his clothes and how please thank you
I don't quite get what you mean. Please elaborate :)

LinKazamine

Champion
I know it was made to support the existing outfit system. I am using that system. I was just suggesting the idea of pockets as a way to reduce the size of the list when there are a lot of clothes. I, for example, made one pocket for each season and another for "special" clothes like Team Rocket's uniform.

DarrylBD99

I know it was made to support the existing outfit system. I am using that system. I was just suggesting the idea of pockets as a way to reduce the size of the list when there are a lot of clothes. I, for example, made one pocket for each season and another for "special" clothes like Team Rocket's uniform.
Ah, that could be quite nice. I'll think about it.

trainered

Novice
I'm using PEv21. This is a great resource and I would love to add it to my game, but I'm having a difficult time. I've followed the steps and used the correct scripts, but my game keeps crashing. It says something about EBDX compiler, so I'm wondering if its not compatible with EBDX for some reason? I'm also using the unofficial EBDXv21 port.

DarrylBD99

I'm using PEv21. This is a great resource and I would love to add it to my game, but I'm having a difficult time. I've followed the steps and used the correct scripts, but my game keeps crashing. It says something about EBDX compiler, so I'm wondering if its not compatible with EBDX for some reason? I'm also using the unofficial EBDXv21 port.
First off, can I see the error message?

JakeCBerlin

Rookie
Hello, I am trying to use this for my fan game. My main issue I am having is that I have 25+ outfits. I have added them all into the graphics as well as the Wardrobe code. I put them in order but I'm running into the issue where the outfits in my game can be obtained in any random order as you play. What I'm running into is that lets say I get outfit 1,2 and 20, when I open the wardrobe, the first outfit and second outfit are correct but outfit 25 is not. It has the proper outfit name but It shows the image and gives me the outfit for 3. I know this is probably how the code was intended but I was wondering if there is a way to make it where no matter what order I get the outfits in, it will show up correctly on the wardrobe event.

DarrylBD99

Hello, I am trying to use this for my fan game. My main issue I am having is that I have 25+ outfits. I have added them all into the graphics as well as the Wardrobe code. I put them in order but I'm running into the issue where the outfits in my game can be obtained in any random order as you play. What I'm running into is that lets say I get outfit 1,2 and 20, when I open the wardrobe, the first outfit and second outfit are correct but outfit 25 is not. It has the proper outfit name but It shows the image and gives me the outfit for 3. I know this is probably how the code was intended but I was wondering if there is a way to make it where no matter what order I get the outfits in, it will show up correctly on the wardrobe event.
That should... not be the case. Imma have a look at that in a bit

KayDiiA

whismur
That should... not be the case. Imma have a look at that in a bit
I seem to be having the same issue as the other person. If you unlock an outfit out of order it messes everything up. When you go back to the menu later, after unlocking more, they're all out of wack, but keep their proper names

Back