• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Would it be jarring to mix outside Gen 5 tile sets, with indoor tile sets from Gen 4?

BlueEye_Mage95

Rookie
I really really enjoy the outside tile sets for Gen 5. I love the style and think it fits incredibly well with my the region I have in mind. Its a very large forest region fully of deep mystery and crime. Abandoned/run down locations. The colors and more realistic style is wonderful.

The issue is that Gen 5 tile sets for indoor are very hard to come by, if any for that matter. I really like the mostly complete indoor set from akizakura16 though. Would it be jarring to mix those two stylees?

Simeo

Normal-Type Self Proclamed Expert
I think mixing tilesets is really fine if you put some taste in it. Some mix well, some wont mix at all, it's just a matter of perspective imo.

BiggusWeeabus

"What's so funny about Biggus Dickus?"
It depends on each tile tbh, test it and if it seems to look right to you, then it's probably fine.

You can always manually edit interior objects that appear too small too.

BlueEye_Mage95

Rookie
I think having different indoor and outdoor styles can be pulled off really well since you'll never seen them side by side, but...I agree there's not enough sets so I made one, hope this helps ☺️
Omg. Thank you so much!! I literally gave up on this project for close to a YEAR because I was frustrated I couldn't find the perfect tile sets. I apparently gave up just weeks before you made this. Funny enough, I found myself getting back into plotting out my game a few weeks ago and now I found you made a 5th Gen Indoor tile set! Once again, THANK YOU!!!! 😊😊😊

• Love
Reactions: Aki
Back