• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
rainefallPortraits

Resource rainefallPortraits 1.3

rainefall

riley
Expo Team
rainefall submitted a new resource:

Reflections Dialogue Portrait System - Dialogue portrait system from Pokémon Reflections

Requires rainefallUtils!

This is a slightly less janky version of the dialogue portraits script(s) used in my Summer Jam entry Pokémon Reflections.

View attachment 13466

Portrait graphics
In Pokémon Reflections, portraits were 360 pixels tall and had no consistent width. The script has been modified slightly in order to allow for portraits to be any height and any width. I recommend choosing a consistent portrait size such as 192x384, and...

Read more about this resource...

WolfPP

Discord wolfppontes
PPL like me who love and use PSS Icons (from ORAS) in their fan-games seeing your script is just beautifull. Thanks for sharing!

MaouAlter

Novice
I'm having trouble with the name labels, they are not showing up, what did I do wrong here?

Attachments

• no_name.png
    no_name.png
    57.7 KB · Views: 158

rainefall

riley
Expo Team

rainefall

riley
Expo Team
rainefall updated Reflections Dialogue Portrait System with a new update entry:

Compatibility Update (bugfix)

Unfortunately, while implementing 1.1's alternative method of injecting the name window into the display message function, I forgot that function also handles player choice windows as well. The new function does not account for this, meaning attempting to use any kind of show choice window will result in a crash when the game tries to get the option the player chose. I discovered this while working on a completely unrelated script and believe me when it took me over HALF AN HOUR of debugging...

Read the rest of this update entry...

MarcStuts08

Novice
Is there a way to display a variable name such as your rival?

I put "\v[12]" in the name box but it does not display any name in the box.

rainefall

riley
Expo Team

A.I.R

From a separated Universe
@rainefall can you add on option to set that the portrait anchor can be modified.
Like if i use Rf.new_portrait("A.I.R",:Left) the potrait will be anchored in Left corner. and if I use Rf.new_portrait("A.I.R",:RIGHT) it will be anchored of Right corner

rainefall

riley
Expo Team
@rainefall can you add on option to set that the portrait anchor can be modified.
Like if i use Rf.new_portrait("A.I.R",:Left) the potrait will be anchored in Left corner. and if I use Rf.new_portrait("A.I.R",:RIGHT) it will be anchored of Right corner
Rf.new_portrait takes an optional argument, align, which can be either 0 or 1 for left and right aligned respectively. I'll be honest I forgot to include it in the documentation.

Phye

Moon Guardian
[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Script error in event 8 (coords 6,10), map 28 (Nova Ranch)
Exception: NameError

***Full script:
Rf.new_portrait(Versil_Neutral)
Rf.set_speaker(Versil)

Backtrace:
(eval):1:in `execute_script'
033:Interpreter:143:in `eval'
033:Interpreter:143:in `execute_script'
034:Interpreter_Commands:1112:in `command_355'
034:Interpreter_Commands:116:in `execute_command'
033:Interpreter:133:in `block in update'
033:Interpreter:90:in `loop'
033:Interpreter:90:in `update'
032:Scene_Map:160:in `block in update'
032:Scene_Map:159:in `loop'

No idea what is wrong. It just won't work for me. I have the portrait in the portrait folder. Dunno which plugin may be messing with it if that's the case as I don't have any I don't think that should mess with any kind of messages.

Back