• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
[v16+] Trade Evolution Stone

Resource [v16+] Trade Evolution Stone 1.1

-FL-

Pokémon Island Creator
-FL- submitted a new resource:

[v16+] Trade Evolution Stone - Item who trigger trade evolutions. Onix to Steelix like only works while holding the Metal Coat.

gif.gif[
Item who trigger trade evolutions. Trade evolutions with hold item (like Onix to Steelix) only works while holding the correct item (Metal Coat).

Tested on Essentials v19.1 and v20.1. More versions (v16,v17-18) on link. If this script isn't working on latest Essentials version, please inform on this thread.

Read more about this resource...

Thobov

Novice
-FL- submitted a new resource:

[v16+] Trade Evolution Stone - Item who trigger trade evolutions. Onix to Steelix like only works while holding the Metal Coat.

Read more about this resource...
(UPDATE)
Caruban let me know the issue was caused by the Linking Cord item that is being used in the Gen 9 Pack Scripts. Your plugin does work with the default installation of Essentials and when using the Gen 8 Pack. Perhaps it is a good idea to note this somewhere on your page?

Hey FL,

Your idea on using a special item to evolve a Pokémon instead of trading it makes it a whole lot easier for people who do not have many friends. 😂
I followed your guide both here and at your GitHub. However, I cannot get the Link Stone to work. The item has been added to items.txt in PBS. The name is also correct in the plugin's script. From my bag I can give the item to a Pokémon but I cannot use it. There is no option to do that in my bag. I currently am using Essentials v20.1 with v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7 and a lot of other plugins.

PBS items.txt:
[LINKSTONE]
Name = Link Stone
NamePlural = Link Stones
Pocket = 1
Price = 3000
FieldUse = OnPokemon
Consumable = false
Description = A peculiar stone that makes certain species of Pokémon evolve. It has a link cable pattern.

Script.rb:
class Pokemon
  alias :_old_fl_check_evolution_on_use_item :check_evolution_on_use_item
  def check_evolution_on_use_item(item_used)
    # self is a placeholder here
    return check_evolution_on_trade(self) if item_used==:LINKSTONE
    return _old_fl_check_evolution_on_use_item(item_used)
  end
end

I tried pasting the below line in items.txt but it automatically converts to the PBS items.txt above.
Trade Evolution Stone:
901,LINKSTONE,Link Stone,Link Stones,1,3000,"A peculiar stone that makes certain species of Pokémon evolve. It has a link cable pattern.",1,0,7,

Could you please help me get this working? Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Thomas

Last edited:

-FL-

Pokémon Island Creator
Caruban let me know the issue was caused by the Linking Cord item that is being used in the Gen 9 Pack Scripts. Your plugin does work with the default installation of Essentials and when using the Gen 8 Pack. Perhaps it is a good idea to note this somewhere on your page?
I tested both items (Link Stone and Linking Cord) with Gen 9 project (v0.8) and both are working.

-FL-

Pokémon Island Creator
Hello, I have a problem with your script

I inserted it as follows:

I use the plugins:

I ask for help
When the instructions says to put above main, is right above main section. It may works above other script sections, but it need to be below the "Pokemon" script section.

Eco

Novice
Does this work for version v21.1? If you don't know, I'll still give it a shot when I get home and report back.

Eco

Novice
Probably works, but I haven't tested (and don't know anyone who tested).J
Just tested it out both with Trade Req and Trade+Item Req Pokemon, and they both work! So you can def update the compatibility on your page.

Back