• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Pokémon Color Variants

Resource Pokémon Color Variants v1.2.1

MickTK

Novice
MickTK submitted a new resource:

Pokemon Color Variants - Make pokémon variants using hue.
Pokemon Color Variants
Forge your rainbow team!

This plugin adds a new attribute to the Pokemon class. This attribute is called "hue" and it is used for shift the default pokémon color to a new one when the sprite is drawn. This plugin also provide to spawn them in the wild and adds a new breeding mechanic to generate an egg based on the parents color. From the settings you can change the parameters to match your needs. More informations can be found on
Github.

189638185-6cb01896-b0bc-49dd-a800-5cd10fa734a2.gif

Wild encounter

189638258-8d08e41d-4ee8-496e-8ed2-9b45b9e6a1b1.gif

A walk with Scyther

189638289-beab8591-be64-4857-aa75-5bea1396aec7.gif

PC showcase​

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:

tammyclaydon

Novice
this seems interesting and probably something i'll look into using in future projects. shame that the icons dont reflect the hue but still good

Last edited:

SomebodyRandom

Trainer
How do the odds work? I tried making it so it'd always be a color variant but whether or not specific hues was on and no matter what I put the number to (1, 65535, 65536) it refused to spawn one, and I made sure to recompile the plugins first

MickTK

Novice
this seems interesting and probably something i'll look into using in future projects. shame that the icons dont reflect the hue but still good
Since essentials uses the same icon for normal and shiny pokémon I thought it was better to use them aswell for a hue variant.

How do the odds work? I tried making it so it'd always be a color variant but whether or not specific hues was on and no matter what I put the number to (1, 65535, 65536) it refused to spawn one, and I made sure to recompile the plugins first

Probably you are trying to use specific and no specific hues simultaneously.
If SPECIFIC_HUE_ONLY is set to true you have to specify the hue variants for each pokémon in POKEMON_HUE. For example:
Ruby:
HUE_POKEMON_CHANCE = 65536
SPECIFIC_HUE_ONLY = true
POKEMON_HUE = {
  :PIKACHU => [120, 200, 280]
}
Pikachu as 100% chances to have the hue equal to one of the specified values (120/200/280). In this case ONLY Pikachu has color variants because no other pokémon is specified.

Another example:
Ruby:
SPECIFIC_HUE_ONLY = false
all pokémons have 100% chances to spawn with a random hue value.

If this doesn't work there can be a conflict with another plugin or a bug. I tested it multiple times and as you can see in the preview I found a Pearl Aqua Ditto! :)

tammyclaydon

Novice
Since essentials uses the same icon for normal and shiny pokémon I thought it was better to use them aswell for a hue variant.
oh forgot default essentials does that i have mine to have shiny icons aswell forgot that wasnt default my bad

SomebodyRandom

Trainer

Probably you are trying to use specific and no specific hues simultaneously.
If SPECIFIC_HUE_ONLY is set to true you have to specify the hue variants for each pokémon in POKEMON_HUE. For example:
Ruby:
SPECIFIC_HUE_ONLY = true
POKEMON_HUE = {
  :PIKACHU => [120, 200, 280]
}
Pikachu as 100% chances to have the hue equal to one of the specified values (120/200/280). In this case ONLY Pikachu has color variants because no other pokémon is specified.

Another example:
Ruby:
SPECIFIC_HUE_ONLY = false
all pokémons have 100% chances to spawn with a random hue value.

If this doesn't work there can be a conflict with another plugin or a bug. I tested it multiple times and as you can see in the preview I found a Pearl Aqua Ditto! :)
I think I did something wrong, Also, I had everything put in the same way you just said (I tried replacing it with what you said just in case I made a small typo or something) and it refused to spawn a hue, whether it was a pikachu with specific hues or some random caterpie. I'm gonna guess one of my plugins, most likely one that edits wild pokemon, broke it.
1663356349312.png

MickTK

Novice
I think I did something wrong, Also, I had everything put in the same way you just said (I tried replacing it with what you said just in case I made a small typo or something) and it refused to spawn a hue, whether it was a pikachu with specific hues or some random caterpie. I'm gonna guess one of my plugins, most likely one that edits wild pokemon, broke it.
View attachment 12657

Sorry if I ask but are you sure you installed it correctly?
When compiling you should see: -> Loaded plugin: Pokemon Color Variants (ver. 1.0.0).
This may explain the no variants spawning and the error shown in the picture.
About the error: make sure to follow the exact syntax writed on Github. It should be FollowingPkmn.pokemon_color_variants(pkmn) if PluginManager.installed?("Pokemon Color Variants") where the if ... part prevent from this error in the case you uninstall the plugin.

I think you did one of this:
1) You didn't installed it correctly and copied the pokemon_color_variants row without the "if" part;
2) You installed it correctly and followed correctly the instructions but you have deleted the FollowingPkmn.rb file (or all the files in the scr folder).

Let me know if you work it out! :)

Litosvide

Rookie
I cannot seem to get the hues to change, although the code seems to be working all except there.

I've modified the code so I can see in the console with puts, whether it activates on a 50/50 chance, and it IS running through the random chance, just not actually changing anything under the hues. I have also tested this with specific_hue on true, with no luck.

The following pokemon are still working perfectly, although, again, with no actual hue changes.

Additionally, as seen in the attached image, wild battles crash out under this same error report when using a fresh, unmodified file, as well as using the hotfixes plugin and/or the Following Pokemon plugin.

It stops crashing when adding Essentials Deluxe, and my main file currently has the Gen 8 project and ZUD mechanics as well, although I have tried the plugin without all of these in there, with little results.

This plugin looks absolutely incredible, just trying to get it working right! Unsure if I'm just making a simple mistake here or not.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-09-18 005344.png
    Screenshot 2022-09-18 005344.png
    143.5 KB · Views: 102

SomebodyRandom

Trainer
Sorry if I ask but are you sure you installed it correctly?
When compiling you should see: -> Loaded plugin: Pokemon Color Variants (ver. 1.0.0).
This may explain the no variants spawning and the error shown in the picture.
About the error: make sure to follow the exact syntax writed on Github. It should be FollowingPkmn.pokemon_color_variants(pkmn) if PluginManager.installed?("Pokemon Color Variants") where the if ... part prevent from this error in the case you uninstall the plugin.

I think you did one of this:
1) You didn't installed it correctly and copied the pokemon_color_variants row without the "if" part;
2) You installed it correctly and followed correctly the instructions but you have deleted the FollowingPkmn.rb file (or all the files in the scr folder).

Let me know if you work it out! :)
I reinstalled it and it shows Loaded plugin: Pokemon Color Variants (ver. 1.0.0) but hues still refuse to spawn when trying what you told me.

MickTK

Novice
I think the problem was that the plugins were loaded in the wrong order. Tried with vanilla Essentials and with some plugins like: Following Pokemon EX, Gen 8 Pack, Essentials Deluxe and it should works now. Basically these plugins override the same method so the last plugin that is compiled overwrite the previous.

MaouAlter

Novice
It's great that the hue colors now work alongside the Gen 8 pack, this plugin has a lot of charm and potential for making each run more unique.
I had the following suggestions/feedback in mind:
-A debug menu option for adjusting a Pokemon's hue value (would make testing specific hue colors much easier)
-The option to apply the hue for pokemon icons
-Fixing some minor compatibility bugs with the ZUD plugin (Dynamax/Z-Move animations don't show the Pokemon's sprite with the hue color)
But besides those nitpicks, great work!

MickTK

Novice
It's great that the hue colors now work alongside the Gen 8 pack, this plugin has a lot of charm and potential for making each run more unique.
I had the following suggestions/feedback in mind:
-A debug menu option for adjusting a Pokemon's hue value (would make testing specific hue colors much easier)
-The option to apply the hue for pokemon icons
-Fixing some minor compatibility bugs with the ZUD plugin (Dynamax/Z-Move animations don't show the Pokemon's sprite with the hue color)
But besides those nitpicks, great work!

Thank you for the feedback, I will consider your suggestions for the next version of the plugin! :)

librali

Rookie
Is there a way to give trainer Pokemon a specific hue? I can't seem to find it in any of the scripts.

LilyInTheWater

Novice
I seem to have run into a problem involving the npc that gives you a celebi in vanilla essentials. This happens when the game tries to give the player a pokemon because it also happened when I tried to use debug mode to give me a pokemon. I have 20.1 hotfixes and essentials deluxe--I have updated them recently as well.

Attachments

• image_2022-10-18_232042701.png
    image_2022-10-18_232042701.png
    411.4 KB · Views: 86

MickTK

Novice
Is there a way to give trainer Pokemon a specific hue? I can't seem to find it in any of the scripts.

Nope, only wild/player pokémons.

I seem to have run into a problem involving the npc that gives you a celebi in vanilla essentials. This happens when the game tries to give the player a pokemon because it also happened when I tried to use debug mode to give me a pokemon. I have 20.1 hotfixes and essentials deluxe--I have updated them recently as well.

Try to add Optional = v20.1 Hotfixes,1.0 inside the meta.txt file.

MickTK

Novice
As I can see you are really liking the plugin!
Sorry if I don't answer you here or in dm but at the moment I'm very busy due to university stuff.
Big plans for the plugin are planned though, besides adding features based on your suggestions.
Thank you all for the feedback ❤️
I should be back in some months.

Also I'm very curious to see your favourite variants: you should definitely post them here! :D

LilyInTheWater

Novice
As I can see you are really liking the plugin!
Sorry if I don't answer you here or in dm but at the moment I'm very busy due to university stuff.
Big plans for the plugin are planned though, besides adding features based on your suggestions.
Thank you all for the feedback ❤️
I should be back in some months.

Also I'm very curious to see your favourite variants: you should definitely post them here! :D
I found a purple pidgey once and it was amazing

Attachments

• image_2022-10-30_192440078.png
    image_2022-10-30_192440078.png
    98.6 KB · Views: 109

GalarianZapdos

Novice
Hello!! I am going to say it is an excellent resource. But want to ask how I should make it work like the color change only when the pokemon is super shiny ?

Back