• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
[v13+] Advanced Pokédex

Resource [v13+] Advanced Pokédex 1.3.6

-FL-

Pokémon Island Creator
-FL- submitted a new resource:

Advanced Pokédex - Displays extra data at pokédex like wild hold items, evolutions and the moves learned.

gif.gif
screen.png
screen2.png
screen3.png
screen4.png
...​

Read more about this resource...

RidgeBoy

Novice
Looks really cool! I can't figure out how to install it correctly though ):

I tried:
  • Move everything from your /Files into my project's /Graphics/Pictures/Pokedex
  • Move your script.rb into Data/Scripts/016_UI (so that it would be "above main" as you wrote in the instructions.)
  • Changed the 2 lines in 004_UI_Pokedex_Entry to what you requested in your script instructions.
  • Renamed the script.rb file to be 004_UI_Pokedex_Entry_2-FL.rb so I could identify it.

Then when I opened my Pokedex, I got an error at line 57: pbStartScreen and the game crashed.

The only other Pokedex-related plugin I have is Essentials Deluxe which allows me to see pokemon's shiny forms in the pokedex. So I doubt it is causing a conflict with your script? But maybe it is?

Thobov

Novice
Dear FL,

Your work on Advanced Dex is wonderful. Thank you for developing this script. It works perfectly when using it standalone. However, I am having compatibility issues when using Advanced Dex simultaneously with another plugin called More Pokédex Page : Size Comparison. I tried changing the values in the script.rb file but that was unsuccessful. Could you please help me getting this work or add support for it?

Resource More Pokédex Page : Size Comparison

Regards,
Thomas

-FL-

Pokémon Island Creator
Looks really cool! I can't figure out how to install it correctly though ):

I tried:
  • Move everything from your /Files into my project's /Graphics/Pictures/Pokedex
  • Move your script.rb into Data/Scripts/016_UI (so that it would be "above main" as you wrote in the instructions.)
  • Changed the 2 lines in 004_UI_Pokedex_Entry to what you requested in your script instructions.
  • Renamed the script.rb file to be 004_UI_Pokedex_Entry_2-FL.rb so I could identify it.

Then when I opened my Pokedex, I got an error at line 57: pbStartScreen and the game crashed.

The only other Pokedex-related plugin I have is Essentials Deluxe which allows me to see pokemon's shiny forms in the pokedex. So I doubt it is causing a conflict with your script? But maybe it is?
"Above main" I mean right above main and below other Essentials scripts. Try putting on 999_Main folder, and name it 001_UI_Pokedex_Entry_2-FL.rb. If this isn't working, maybe is the other plugin. You can test on a fresh essentials to make sure if the problem is the other plugin. And if the crash still happens, please post the full error.

Dear FL,

Your work on Advanced Dex is wonderful. Thank you for developing this script. It works perfectly when using it standalone. However, I am having compatibility issues when using Advanced Dex simultaneously with another plugin called More Pokédex Page : Size Comparison. I tried changing the values in the script.rb file but that was unsuccessful. Could you please help me getting this work or add support for it?

Resource More Pokédex Page : Size Comparison

Regards,
Thomas
You need to edit the other plugin instead of UI_Pokedex_Entry and my script. I made an update in my script today to make easier to add more pages.

Instead of changing it to '@page = 3 if @page > 3', you need to edit the other plugin script ('@page = 5 if @page > 5' in case of More Pokédex Page). In my script, you need to edit ADVANCED_PAGE and barBitmapPath.

Thobov

Novice
Thank you for your quick reply and for your help. I applied the changes you recommended in my scripts. It works fine now!
"Above main" I mean right above main and below other Essentials scripts. Try putting on 999_Main folder, and name it 001_UI_Pokedex_Entry_2-FL.rb. If this isn't working, maybe is the other plugin. You can test on a fresh essentials to make sure if the problem is the other plugin. And if the crash still happens, please post the full error.

You need to edit the other plugin instead of UI_Pokedex_Entry and my script. I made an update in my script today to make easier to add more pages.

Instead of changing it to '@page = 3 if @page > 3', you need to edit the other plugin script ('@page = 5 if @page > 5' in case of More Pokédex Page). In my script, you need to edit ADVANCED_PAGE and barBitmapPath.

Kingfisher

Rookie
This looks fantastic, but I cannot understand how to install it at all. I had to google something just to figure out how to download it off github. Is there any way I could get some install instructions for dummies? I tried my best but I get a crash whenever I open my pokedex, and it doesnt look any different

-FL-

Pokémon Island Creator
This looks fantastic, but I cannot understand how to install it at all. I had to google something just to figure out how to download it off github. Is there any way I could get some install instructions for dummies? I tried my best but I get a crash whenever I open my pokedex, and it doesnt look any different
When you report a crash, please post the error message if there is any.

First, you need to download the files from GitHub (script and the images). You can download individually or the entire repository. I put "how download things for github" and the first result is a good tutorial about how to download the entire repository (actually you only need to click at one button).

After, you need to follow the scripts instructions. The first instruction tell about putting this script above main. To do this, open the script editor on RPG Maker XP. Paste it at start of the "Main" script section OR create a new section (select main, right click and insert) with the script. The latter is recommended.

After, you need to place the images files on the downloaded repository into the mentioned places

Finally, change the mentioned line on the mentioned script section (use Ctrl+F to find it) to the one explained (there are two).

And don't forget that you need to change the switch to ON (switch 70 by default).

If you didn't understand one of these steps, please ask.

poplopy789

Rookie
Hi! Thank you for writing this script! the functionality is great and your instructions are really clear and easy to follow.

Regarding compatibility with More Pokedex Pages, I'm having issues with the page headers.

I have Height and Weight on pages 4 and 5, and ADVANCED_PAGE =6. However, the headers show Advanced Pokedex on page 4, and when I'm looking at page 5 and 6, I don't see the header for ADV on page 6. Could this be a barBitmapPath issue? I was not sure on how to edit it, so I left it as is. I'm also wondering if it's something I need to edit in the More Pokedex Pages script, but I couldn't figure out what it was.

Everything else is working great, including the on/off switch. Could I ask for help on how to fix this? Thank you!

1666393730508.png
1666393742458.png
1666393750052.png

-FL-

Pokémon Island Creator
Hi! Thank you for writing this script! the functionality is great and your instructions are really clear and easy to follow.

Regarding compatibility with More Pokedex Pages, I'm having issues with the page headers.

I have Height and Weight on pages 4 and 5, and ADVANCED_PAGE =6. However, the headers show Advanced Pokedex on page 4, and when I'm looking at page 5 and 6, I don't see the header for ADV on page 6. Could this be a barBitmapPath issue? I was not sure on how to edit it, so I left it as is. I'm also wondering if it's something I need to edit in the More Pokedex Pages script, but I couldn't figure out what it was.

Everything else is working great, including the on/off switch. Could I ask for help on how to fix this? Thank you!

View attachment 13295View attachment 13296View attachment 13297
The headers are images displayed above the pokédex screen. If you look at Graphics/Pictures/Pokedex/, you see the header files(advancedInfoBar, advancedAreaBar and advancedFormsBar), you probably need to create an extra one for each of your extra pages (height and weight) and add the path into barBitmapPath (the path is by page index, so you need to add the 2 values). Maybe the two new pages are drawed above the @sprites["dexbar"], if so, you need to edit the code used to draw the pages and put the dexbar (or another sprite) above (like I did with @sprites["dexbar"]).

Aank

Rookie
Help, for some reason im getting this error when pressing right or left in the pokedex

[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: ArgumentError

Backtrace:
282:UI_Pokedex_Entry:526:in `>'
282:UI_Pokedex_Entry:526:in `block in pbScene'
282:UI_Pokedex_Entry:468:in `loop'
282:UI_Pokedex_Entry:468:in `pbScene'
282:UI_Pokedex_Entry:569:in `pbStartScreen'
281:UI_Pokedex_Main:877:in `pbDexEntry'
281:UI_Pokedex_Main:1282:in `block (2 levels) in pbPokedex'
281:UI_Pokedex_Main:1257:in `loop'
281:UI_Pokedex_Main:1257:in `block in pbPokedex'
082:MessageConfig:705:in `pbActivateWindow'

Aank

Rookie
Help, for some reason im getting this error when pressing right or left in the pokedex

[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: ArgumentError

Backtrace:
282:UI_Pokedex_Entry:526:in `>'
282:UI_Pokedex_Entry:526:in `block in pbScene'
282:UI_Pokedex_Entry:468:in `loop'
282:UI_Pokedex_Entry:468:in `pbScene'
282:UI_Pokedex_Entry:569:in `pbStartScreen'
281:UI_Pokedex_Main:877:in `pbDexEntry'
281:UI_Pokedex_Main:1282:in `block (2 levels) in pbPokedex'
281:UI_Pokedex_Main:1257:in `loop'
281:UI_Pokedex_Main:1257:in `block in pbPokedex'
082:MessageConfig:705:in `pbActivateWindow'
I fixed it
I just changed the "@page = 3 if @page > 3" to "@page = 4 if @page > 4" instead of "@page=@maxPage if @page>@maxPage"

Cabig

Novice
Brilliant. Gonna be using this one right away.

d3viL

Rookie
I have a general question regarding Pokedex.

Suppose I have a game where I have Normal Meowth, Alolan Meowth, Galarian Meowth. Now all these mons have different types, movesets, areas etc.

Is it possible to see all these entries on a single pokedex page ? TIA (Essentials Pokedex only shows entries for form 0)

-FL-

Pokémon Island Creator
I have a general question regarding Pokedex.

Suppose I have a game where I have Normal Meowth, Alolan Meowth, Galarian Meowth. Now all these mons have different types, movesets, areas etc.

Is it possible to see all these entries on a single pokedex page ? TIA (Essentials Pokedex only shows entries for form 0)
You can change pokédex selected form using the form page. This way, pokédex can display info about any form (both my script and other pages).

Back