• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Entertainment Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Just wondering, are you playing this game on a WiiU or a Switch?

• WiiU

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Switch

Votes: 13 68.4%

• Total voters

Luka S.J.

Wastage of Time
OH MAN THIS IS THE BEST QUEST IN THE GAME.

I had just finished the Zora Divine Beast, and wanted to explore a ton before I moved on. I wound up on the southeast shores of Hyrule. I put two and two together (without being told) and figured out how to use a Deku Leaf and a raft, and I went out to an island in the distance. I finally got on the shore, really excited to find what I assumed was a shrine when... well if you haven't done it, go do it. It was something that only this game could have pulled off so well, a mico-desiged dungeon with such a density of secrets and the hand of a designer lovingly easing you towards solutions to puzzles. It was such a change of pace from the rest of the game and reminded me of my ventures 10 or so hours before.

I failed the first 3 times and gave up. After every Beast I took down, I went back and failed. Finally, I got the Gerudo beast, my last one, and kinda brute forced my way through it haha. But loved it so much, and the flying mini-game after you beat it was a load of fun.
While I do like the concept of that Shrine Trial, it wasn't really difficult to handle. At first, I was like ... yeah no weapons and shit; but looking around with M agnesis I quickly got geared up and with a bit of help from Stasis, it wasn't too difficult to get rid of the enemies. I was unlucky enough to have my first "Test of Strength" shrine be a "Major" one ... so by the time I got to everything else, the battles felt like cakewalk. These days I'm so OP, I casually stride along hunting for Silver Lynels. Once you get used to their attack patterns, you can pretty much kill any mob without taking any damage. Still ... my favourite thing has to be Talus grinding. I just love seeing 40+ diamonds in my pouch, knowing that I'll be ridiculously rich soon.

Vendily

Elite Trainer
So I've been wandering, and progressing in the game collecting clothes, hell yeah!
Killed my first Guardian Stalker, Stone Talus and beat my first Major Strength Trial, so I felt very badass today (which is completely undeserved because I spammed a 5 shot bow in all three situations). I also completed the entire map, but there's still stuff for me to do, so I ain't fighting Ganon yet!

The Master Sword has slain more trees than enemies, mostly because I forgot to use my korok seeds and I'm too lazy to go home and make room for a regular ax.

Oh, Thanks @Aki for those horse tips, those were pretty cool to try out myself!

Quick question, do you guys have a commonly used weapon class? Like One-Handed Sword, Two-handed Sword, Spears, Clubs, Axes, Bows, etc? (I use spears a lot, followed by two-handed swords.)

Reactions: Aki

Luka S.J.

Wastage of Time
If you need to get your hands on good weapons, farming Coliseum Ruins and Hinox is a great way to do so. Both of these scale; meaning that as you progress more and more through the game, the items they drop will be better and better. I'd suggest marking down Hinox, Talus and Lynels on your map so you can quickly traverse there and farm their stuff after a blood moon. So far, my best one-handed weapon is a base 84 Savage Lynel Sword (wear the barabarian armor set with that, and boom, lots of damage), and the best two-handed weapon I got is a base 102 Royal Guard Claymore from the Hyrule Castle. This is another great place to farm arrows and weapons. I went there pretty early, after just getting the Master Sword and beating my first Divine Beast, and I have to say that was the best decision I made. The place is filled with Royal and Royal Guard gear (a basic Royal Guard Shield has 70 def, a basic Royal Guard Sword has 48 atk, a basic Royal Guard Bow has 50 atk), so if you feel confident enough, I'd recommend to go there to stock up on resources every now and then. I'm sitting on like 200+ arrows of each type (only 50 ancient ones), and filled to the brim with epic gear. Lynels drop the best stuff though when you beat them. A great way to grab yourself some good swords, bows and shields; and in all honesty, they aren't too difficult to beat. Time your jumps to evade their attacks right, and just abuse the flurry rush. Maybe throw in a Stasis here and there for extra easy damage.

Vendily

Elite Trainer
Ah, @Luka S.J. Thanks for all those tips, I must have spent two hours wandering in Hyrule Castle, got a memory, completed some sidequests, and a couple of weapons to boot!
I even beat my first Lynel, the one by Zora's Domain. (Then I had the bright idea to fight a Silver one.) The Stasis tip is really good, honestly, sometimes I forget I have runes besides the Camera and Remote Bombs.

I just learned that you can drop and detonate bombs while gliding. Serves me right for always having the camera set.

Edit: There are no new posts, so I'm just editing. I got all the memories now (Yay!) and I think I have a tip too.

So, I learned this because of an enemy doing this by accident. Basically, you get something that creates electricity (I use shock arrows) then you find a pond with a bunch of fish and you use what ever electric item you've got. The fish will get zapped and float on their side, making it simple to swim and collect a bunch in one shot.

Funny story though, a Yiga Footsoldier attacked me in the middle of a thunderstorm, carrying a Demon Carver (You may see where this is going). The telltale sparks of an imminent lightning bolt form on the weapon then, BZZT-ZAP! The guy is obliterated, I didn't even see the usual teleport away on defeat.

Edit 2: I took some pictures of some of my shenanigans. (You can copy to SD card in the album with Copy, but I was to lazy to do that before.)

9hGSSGl.jpg

I'm a drug dealer, I guess.
yY0fbQ5.jpg

This works, seriously
9dN3e2x.jpg

Last edited:

Greninjauzumaki

pika pika
I started to play the game a week ago and I must say that this game took my breath away. To begin with, the game has amazing graphics and I was impressed with the level of detail in the game.Eventhough it was annoying when you are almost at the top of a mountain and your stamina runs out and also the fact that you can't climb when it is raining, it adds realisticness to the game. The soothing music which plays when you explore Hyrule gives a good feel while playing. I haven't played much and I am now in Zora's domain but I am loving it so far.
I really wish they release a pokemon game for the switch with stunning graphics like this and a vast open world to explore.

Last edited:
Back