• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokémon Dregs

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
ETA Next Version
May 31, 2023
evolution.png

Text_TheGame.png

Pokémon Dregs is a Pokémon fan game developed using Rpg Maker Xp and Pokémon Essentials v18.1
The game was created with Gen 3 graphics and includes Pokémon from
Gen 1-7.

Even though we use v18.1 this game not will break!

Dive into an unique adventure full of tough challenges, more to discover and lot of fun!
Explore the
Detritus region in over 20+ hours of fun game play, earn the region's 8 unique badges, and face Formidable Team Supreme!

Text_TheGame.png

Welcome to the Detritus region!
Step into a world where the odds are against you and the weak rise to greatness.
Select_A.png
Select_B.png

Only Pokémon with a Base stat total of 475 or less are allowed to thrive!
This is your chance to lead a team of forgotten and neglected creatures!
some of which have been altered to offer unique abilities.

Select any unique starter
!
dexPansa.png
dexPanpo.png
dexPanse.png

Battle against the formidable Team Supreme!, who seek to conquer the Detritus region with their superior stats!
And show the world what true strength and courage truly mean.

Untitled-1.png

With cunning strategies and the power of friendship on your side.
You'll embark on an epic adventure! to prove that the most unlikely heroes can conquer all.
Are you ready to take on the challenge and claim your place as the champion of the Detritus region?

Play now and discover the excitement and thrill of leading the weakest to victory!

Text_TheGame.png

template as Smart Object-1.jpg

Text_TheGame.png
  • Start your journey with the popular Elemental Monkeys as starters in the Detritus region.
  • No unnecessary HMs, only the essential ones, to keep the challenge alive.
  • Face tough Gym Leaders with full teams, held items, and various secondary types.
  • Battle against the challenging Team Supreme with competitive move sets, stats, items, and abilities.
  • Discover the legendary Pokémon that call the Detritus region their home.
  • Immerse yourself in a thought-provoking story that questions the labeling of Pokémon as "bad".
  • Enjoy an extensive post game with two types of Battle Towers and the chance to rematch main characters.
  • Laugh and be entertained with jokes and humor throughout the game.
  • Prove that even the weakest can become the strongest in this epic adventure.
  • The ultimate test of strategy and wit awaits, are you ready to take on the challenge?

Text_TheGame.png
  • New Revamped gen 3 tile set.
  • Improved balance of wild encounters and levels.
  • A new region with challenging trainers and unique Pokémon for early-game training.
  • Enhanced difficulty of Gym Leader teams through the use of held items.
  • Earlier encounters with Team Supreme.
  • Progression through League and became champion!
  • Grammar and spelling corrections.
  • Numerous bug fixes.
Text_TheGame.png
This game is now completed!
Please report any bugs, glitches, or imbalances you may encounter.
You can do so by sending a private message or by joining our Discord server.
Thank you for your support.
Text_TheGame.png
Text_TheGame.png
Grit3694 - Director, writer
Ardeghno - Spriter, artist
Hystrucgon - Spriter, artist
Karthi - Developer
ReintendoO,Fable - Playtester
Text_TheGame.png
Music:
Kirby Air Ride:

HAL Laboratory
Nintendo

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire:
Game Freak
Super Smash Bros:
HAL Laboratory

Resources:
Direction Boards:
Marin

Revamped FRLG Tiles 1.0:
Frog
Spriter's Resource

Better AI:
By #Not Important

Modular Title Screen:
Luka S.J.

Fancy Badges:
Luka S.J.

Scripting Utilities:
Luka S.J.
Marin

FRLG Party Screen:
Seyuna
Golisopod User

FRLG Summary Screen:
Seyuna

Evolution (Customize):
bo4p5687

Gender Selection:
Nickalooose

Nuzlocke Permadeath:
NettoHikari

Seagallop (boat "cutscene"):
Mr. Gela

Improved Pokécenters:
mej71

FRLG UI/Menu Pack:
Marin
SilentGamer64
parkedhampster

Gen 6,7 Sprites:
The Smogon XY Sprite Project
The Smogon Sun/Moon Sprite Project

Gen 6,7 Advanced Icons:
PSI Master

Pokémon Emerald Outside Tileset:
Leilou
Heartless Dragoon

Pokémon SM/USUM Characters and Trainers OW Sprites in Gen 3 Style:
Droid779

Gen 4 and Gen 5 Trainers in Gen 3 OW style:
Young-Dante
Mashirosakura

Character Customization Resources (Gen 4):
Coffee Cup

Trainer XY Tourist Trainer Sprites Base:
Kyle-Dove(Deviantart)

Various 3rd Gen Style Overworld Sprites:
Young-Dante(Deviantart)

Pokémon Cries & FRLG Music:
Random Talking Bush

BW Shout Message Effect:
Boonzeet

Deo's Custom Day & Night Tones:
Deo

Efficient Water Puddle Animations:
Boonzeet

Fly Animation by KleinStudio:
KleinStudio
bo4p5687

Gen-3 Styled Trainer Class Pack:
Aveontrainer
RichardPT
spherical-ice
Beliot419
Delta231
Teraneck
Ulithium_Dragon
m.vit
etique

Pokemon Splice Resource:
Thundaga
Voltseon
Tristantine The Great
Kristiano100
TabletPillowLamp
P-Plum
Golisopod User
Seyuna
ShadowPhil
Design3D
Dedbed
Carlin

EBS Vs Animation:
Luka S.J.

FRLG BattleBack & Other Resource:
Spriters Resource
Thundaga

Simple Customizable Level Caps:
Golisopod User

Better Fast-forward Mode:
Marin

Pokemon Trainer Stoner & Hippie Base:
Pokemon Scarlet Version
Pokemon Clover

Pokémon Zero 0.10.2 (Alpha) (Graphics & Animations):
Zerokid
JohtoBlaziken
Raku
Gegerlan
Ancurio
Amethyst
Jan
Zumi
Bazaro
Koyo
Smeargletail
Alex
Noscium
Leparagon
N-kin
fishbowlsoul90
princess-phoenix
DatLopunnyTho
Conyjams
kaji atsu
The cynical poet
LuigiPlayer
Falgaia
Pikafan2000
Lord-Myre
MillaLya
Neo-Spriteman
keegan
Amethyst and the Pokémon Reborn team
Marin
Zeak6464
Tapu Fini
SpartaLazor
leparagon
BlackOutG5
Rune
M3rein
Rigbycwts
Rot8er_ConeX
James Davy
Luka S.J.
WolfPP

Special Thanks:
Thundaga
And Thanks for Everyone in Relic Castle & PokeCommunity

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Marin
Boushy
MiDas Mike
Brother1440
Near Fantastica
FL.
PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami
Popper
help-14
Rataime
IceGod64
SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock
the__end
KitsuneKouta
Venom12
Lisa Anthony
Wachunga
Luka S.J.
and everyone else who helped out

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

This is a non-profit fan-made game.
No copyright infringements intended.
Please support the official games!

Text_TheGame.png
I hope you enjoy the game! and kindly share your feedback's!
Thank you!

PLAYTHROUGH
Kelm
Hero Voltsy

Attachments

• Text_TheGame.png
    Text_TheGame.png
    42.4 KB · Views: 194
  • unknown(21).png
    unknown(21).png
    50.3 KB · Views: 8,943
  • introBoy.png
    introBoy.png
    20.7 KB · Views: 130
  • introGirl.png
    introGirl.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 154
  • dexPansa.png
    dexPansa.png
    16.7 KB · Views: 148
  • dexPansa.png
    dexPansa.png
    16.7 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

Cabig

Novice
This game speaks to me on a personal level. Can't wait to try it.

Glacora

Novice
I honestly thoroughly enjoyed this game, and am very excited for the full release! This game posed an interesting challenge that never felt unfair. Getting to use pokemon I never have before was also just a fun experience. It felt like my team were out to prove a point that they weren't terrible, unlike what everyone around my character was saying. It was a rather empowering experience, funnily enough. Overall, I think this game is fun, and that's what matters most.

Karthik_

Elite 4
I honestly thoroughly enjoyed this game, and am very excited for the full release! This game posed an interesting challenge that never felt unfair. Getting to use pokemon I never have before was also just a fun experience. It felt like my team were out to prove a point that they weren't terrible, unlike what everyone around my character was saying. It was a rather empowering experience, funnily enough. Overall, I think this game is fun, and that's what matters most.
Thank you for the feedback and hope you liked our game, surely we will release our full game soon

Karthik_

Elite 4
Pokemon Dregs has got Small update!

1.Upto 8 badges now uptainable.
2.Way to League is Completed.
3.Tileset Revamped.
4.Several Battles with Team Supreme added.
5.More update is coming only Victory road and League is pending for Dialouge and Team's!

Last edited:

TheFabledOne

Novice
Hello, I'd like to give a constructive criticism + feedback, as I'm only half way through the game this may be a little short (and with the game being unfinished, though, you can still go pretty far).
-
-
-
Honestly, I was very amazed by the types of teams you could get early on, and how the game assists you with held item availability. You can get metronomes from Kricketot on the 1st route + get a echoed voice Hoothoot. (Which, I ended up sweeping the 1st gym with after many attempts). Although the premise is "You're in a bad region, with bad Pokémon," I found a lot I actually love, and even found newfound appreciation. Even getting access to berries early, and finding hidden held items. The game really rewards you for exploring. My Noctowl so far is carrying, majority, as it hits the hardest on my team and takes hits well (with addition of my shiny Shedinja), though if you do not properly level, you will run into issues, which I found out abruptly. Even with echoed voice+metronome/etc. , the Hoothoot/Noctowl I had, wasn't very good. It had 2 sp. atk IVs, but you cannot access breeding until around the 5th gym and its intended to be played even so with "mediocre"/"not bred/very grinded" stats, and feels more rewarding if you do so strategically. The game is very charming, funny, and overall : Challenging... And might I say, I do love a good challenge. 😊 I can tell the game is very much so made with love. I have nothing really to say as far as criticism; though it would have been pretty interesting to see the Gym leaders have 1 signature Pokémon that bypasses the stat total.
-
-
-
!!! Be warned, in the desert (which I believe is near 2nd or 3rd gym town) DO NOT Jump the ledges/go to specific areas, as you can get soft locked. This'll be fixed in the next update, as the Cactuses were meant to be able to... "Go through?" As I recall from the Discord. !!!
PKMN Dregs Softlock#1.png
PKMN Dregs Softlock#2.png
PKMN Dregs Softlock#3.png

- EVs/IVs not displaying properly? ... You'll see when you play. It's hard to explain. Also intended to be fixed in next update.
-
-
-
If you're looking for a game that gives you a real challenge by only offering Mon options you'd typically turn your eye to, or question their viability, then, this is the game for you. Challenging gameplay, charming and loveable characters and quick-paced progressing story. I'm honestly surprised this game doesn't have more fanbase/feedback. I've loved every moment I've played thus far.

Karthik_

Elite 4
Hello, I'd like to give a constructive criticism + feedback, as I'm only half way through the game this may be a little short (and with the game being unfinished, though, you can still go pretty far).
-
-
-
Honestly, I was very amazed by the types of teams you could get early on, and how the game assists you with held item availability. You can get metronomes from Kricketot on the 1st route + get a echoed voice Hoothoot. (Which, I ended up sweeping the 1st gym with after many attempts). Although the premise is "You're in a bad region, with bad Pokémon," I found a lot I actually love, and even found newfound appreciation. Even getting access to berries early, and finding hidden held items. The game really rewards you for exploring. My Noctowl so far is carrying, majority, as it hits the hardest on my team and takes hits well (with addition of my shiny Shedinja), though if you do not properly level, you will run into issues, which I found out abruptly. Even with echoed voice+metronome/etc. , the Hoothoot/Noctowl I had, wasn't very good. It had 2 sp. atk IVs, but you cannot access breeding until around the 5th gym and its intended to be played even so with "mediocre"/"not bred/very grinded" stats, and feels more rewarding if you do so strategically. The game is very charming, funny, and overall : Challenging... And might I say, I do love a good challenge. 😊 I can tell the game is very much so made with love. I have nothing really to say as far as criticism; though it would have been pretty interesting to see the Gym leaders have 1 signature Pokémon that bypasses the stat total.
-
-
-
!!! Be warned, in the desert (which I believe is near 2nd or 3rd gym town) DO NOT Jump the ledges/go to specific areas, as you can get soft locked. This'll be fixed in the next update, as the Cactuses were meant to be able to... "Go through?" As I recall from the Discord. !!!
View attachment 17383View attachment 17382View attachment 17381
- EVs/IVs not displaying properly? ... You'll see when you play. It's hard to explain. Also intended to be fixed in next update.
-
-
-
If you're looking for a game that gives you a real challenge by only offering Mon options you'd typically turn your eye to, or question their viability, then, this is the game for you. Challenging gameplay, charming and loveable characters and quick-paced progressing story. I'm honestly surprised this game doesn't have more fanbase/feedback. I've loved every moment I've played thus far.
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on our game. We are thrilled to hear that you are enjoying it and finding it challenging yet charming. We appreciate your support and hope that you continue to enjoy the game. We are always open to feedback and suggestions for improvement, so please don't hesitate to reach out to us with any comments or concerns. Thank you again for your support and we hope to continue to provide you with enjoyable gaming experiences.

Karthik_

Elite 4
🚀 Attention, Brave Trainers! 🚀

We are thrilled to announce that Pokemon Dregs, the highly anticipated game, is now officially completed!

Step into the extraordinary world of Pokemon Dregs, a game filled with thrilling challenges and limitless adventures. Are you ready to take on the ultimate test of skill and perseverance? We present to you the Nuzlocke Challenge!

I challenge you to do a Nuzlocke well try it if you are have a Skill!

Last edited:

Zinkatron

Cooltrainer
Having fun with this so far! I am trying to evolve Spritzee; looked at the pokemon file in the PBS folder and looks like I should be able to use the sachet on it, but I am only able to have the mon hold it. I tried just giving it to it and leveling it up and that didn't work. Anyone able to evolve it?

Zinkatron

Cooltrainer
Unfortunately that didn't work. Had it hold the satchel and leveled it up 7 times and no evolution. I checked both from the bag and from the summary screen to see if I could "use" the item on the mon, and cant'; I can only have them hold it.

Not a huge deal, there are tons of equally good (or bad, haha) mons to use. I've been using Ribombee for Fairy typing, fast yet frail.

Karthik_

Elite 4
Unfortunately that didn't work. Had it hold the satchel and leveled it up 7 times and no evolution. I checked both from the bag and from the summary screen to see if I could "use" the item on the mon, and cant'; I can only have them hold it.

Not a huge deal, there are tons of equally good (or bad, haha) mons to use. I've been using Ribombee for Fairy typing, fast yet frail.
Thanks for let me know this bug, surely we will fix those, and enjoy the game with other good pkmn!

Zinkatron

Cooltrainer
Just beat the Champion, took me just a touch over 14 hours. Great job with this!

1) Really great idea to showcase mons that really don't get used very often, if at all. Gastrodon, Amoonguss and Breloom probably feel a bid dissed being a part of this "subpar" region but I was glad that they were! From the get-go you get viable mons to choose from, since really none of them are all that great. Amoonguss and Breloom show up later, Breloom very late to the point I didn't see the point in using it but really not a big deal.

2) The writing is good, fun quips throughout the story but nothing earth shattering here. Some of the jokes are cringy but I did lol a few times so nice work overall.

3) The experience is challenging but not overly so since there are no level caps, and the AI doesn't switch much at all. Beating Team Supreme, who always has a team well above yours in nearly every aspect, is really satisfying. I beat the Champion with levels in the low 60s, so a bit underleveled but not overly so.

1) Both of these cons are going to be very picky and more of just preference. I wish there were HM items. There aren't many places where you need to use HMs, but it was annoying to backtrack to get the HM slave to use them, and I just flat out ignored the dive spots at the end of the game.

2) Not sure if it was changed or I was just overly sensitive to it for whatever reason, but the random encounters are everywhere. You need repels to get thru a lot of places. A very small gripe.

Overall I loved this game, it is very charming and the idea is excellent. I don't think I will use many of these mons again, but it was cool to actually use Bruxish, Ribombee, etc. and them not only be viable but huge standouts on a team.

Karthik_

Elite 4
Just beat the Champion, took me just a touch over 14 hours. Great job with this!

1) Really great idea to showcase mons that really don't get used very often, if at all. Gastrodon, Amoonguss and Breloom probably feel a bid dissed being a part of this "subpar" region but I was glad that they were! From the get-go you get viable mons to choose from, since really none of them are all that great. Amoonguss and Breloom show up later, Breloom very late to the point I didn't see the point in using it but really not a big deal.

2) The writing is good, fun quips throughout the story but nothing earth shattering here. Some of the jokes are cringy but I did lol a few times so nice work overall.

3) The experience is challenging but not overly so since there are no level caps, and the AI doesn't switch much at all. Beating Team Supreme, who always has a team well above yours in nearly every aspect, is really satisfying. I beat the Champion with levels in the low 60s, so a bit underleveled but not overly so.

1) Both of these cons are going to be very picky and more of just preference. I wish there were HM items. There aren't many places where you need to use HMs, but it was annoying to backtrack to get the HM slave to use them, and I just flat out ignored the dive spots at the end of the game.

2) Not sure if it was changed or I was just overly sensitive to it for whatever reason, but the random encounters are everywhere. You need repels to get thru a lot of places. A very small gripe.

Overall I loved this game, it is very charming and the idea is excellent. I don't think I will use many of these mons again, but it was cool to actually use Bruxish, Ribombee, etc. and them not only be viable but huge standouts on a team.
Thanks for playing the game, wow you beat under 20 hrs that's incredible.
Yeah level Caps are not working in Es 18.1 soon I will upgrade this game.
I noted some of your points and I hope you will use your bad pokemon for other game also!

Zinkatron

Cooltrainer
I mean the game definitely accomplished having me look at mons I wouldn't even give a chance; I feel like once I had my team set (Bruxish, Ribombee, Gastrodon, Amoonguss, Trevenant, Manetric) I stopped really exploring and just hit all the trainer battles.

Bruxish is a legitimately good mon that I never thought about using; Swords Dance with Strong Jaw on STAB moves is dangerous. It OHKO'ed TS Leader's Rayquaza after one SD and a Psychic Fangs. With proper investment and a +ATK nature and yeah, it can shred thru a lot of teams on its own.

Back