• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Recruiting Pokemon: Rosen Version

This thread's author is looking for long-term team members.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ValiantSoul

World Traveller
#===================#
Pokémon Rosen Version
#===================#

Title.PNG

Welcome to the Recruitment Initiative for Pokémon Rosen!

Perhaps I should explain.The year is 2122, and the technology giant Cyber has recently released it's new product: an immersive deep dive system into a world long forgotten by modern culture: the World of Pokémon! At the behest of the Cyber CEO's child the long forgotten franchise was reawoken from the history books and recreated in virtual reality. Not content with simply repeating the past, the team behind this monumental effort created a whole new region, Alyssia! Within it, our dedicated team have created an immersive and dynamic story for you to explore, and introduced a new variant of Pokemon to the A.I-driven populace, the Rosen-formes. Lately, it seems that there have been errors with our program, and NPC's are not behaving as we have come to expect.

#===================#
The Alyssia Region
#===================#

As of the time of writing, Alyssia currently contains 5 towns with a total of 3 Gyms within them, and most of Western Alyssia is mapped out and fully interactable with the stories and events contained within. When the final version is completed, we would like to have 16 fully explorable towns with a total of 8 main gyms and 5 challenge gyms as part of our player's journeys.

In this region, the legendary Professor Oak steps in to assist young trainers, as Alyssia itself has no resident expert to rely upon. He will confer one of four starter Pokémon to them, new Rosen formes one and all.

Starter 1.png
Starter 2.png
Starter 3.1.png
Starter 4.png

Urgent help is needed not only to play test what is already avaliable but to chart a course forwards and finish the experience in order for it to be ready in time for the highly antricipated public release.

Before we announce who we would request join this ground breaking team, here are some announcements about the features we already have avaliable:
o 100+ new Rosen Formes (with more to come)
o 334 Pokemon available (with the aim for a complete National Dex)
o Rebalanced Pokémon types and Abilities! (For many in desperate need of it)
o Shadow Pokémon make a terrifying return! They take on a new shadowy apperarance!
o 10+ hours of story content (with significantly more by the final story beat)
o 3 Gyms and 1 Challenge Gym beatable (with 8 and 5 planned respectively)
o A dynamic questing system with many side quests in each locale (including main quests, trade quests, side quests)
o 100 Golden Spinarak to find for a family in need... (with 35 currently hiding around)
o Custom sprites for many important NPC's
o PokeTriad World Championship an optional plot point (unlockable with some tenacious card battling!)
o Unlockable move relearner akin to Legends Arceus
o Unlockable PC box to use wherever you are
o Custom shiny sprites for many classic Pokemon
o Strange Lost Rifts that contain fragments of another world...
o Rebattle enhanced copies of trainers in the Proto Gym for unique rewards...
o HM Items to remove the need for HM's entirely
o Use Nature Therapy to alter your Pokémon's nature!
o Reach the Conservation Centre to EV Train and reset with ease!

o Challenging battles where key NPC's try to overwhelm with tactics
o A world that changes and encourages revisiting old locales

#===================#
The Story so far...
#===================#

RISINGSTAR_Reina.png
RISINGSTAR_Valian.png

You are the child of the CEO of Cyber, the worlds largest technology conglomerate. At your behest, Pokémon, a long dead franchise, has been revived in the form of an immersive reality simulation that utilises a player's dreams to create realistic experiences and sensations. On the launch day of this project, you are the first to test the system but something unforeseen goes wrong - the systems designed to protect you do not, and the failsafes are disabled, sending you spiralling into a test server known as Alyssia ZERO with no memories or recollections on where you came from.

PROFESSOR.png
PROFESSORMAYBE.png

Your journey begins at the behest of Professor Oak who believes they have used strange technology to bring you through to this world, when he tells you that Rosen forme Pokémon come from the same world that you do, and that his colleague, an expert on them, has gone missing. He wishes to see your effect on the world around you, as these Pokémon have been wreaking devastating changes on various ecosystems around the region.

Team Null.png

On your quest, you will encounter the mysterious Team Null who claim to know the reality around them is not quite what it seems, and wish to reduce that world to nothing, to Null... you will not fight them alone however, as oddly familiar figures from a life you no longer remember begin to appear to guide you through an ever changing world within which, you do not truly belong.

Shadow Pokémon however have resurfaced alongside this evil. Will you and your allies be able to overcome this growing darkness?
MUNCHLAX_shadow.png
SIZZLIPEDE_shadow.png
TRUBBISH_1_shadow.png

#===================#
Recruitment
#===================#

This has been a passion project for quite some time, and has seen quite a few iterations over the years. I've invested more time than I care to admit, and I thought it time to see if I can get a team together and get this moving for real. To that end...​

Scripters - This one is exceedingly important. Looking for people adept in scripting to help wit'h various events, plugins, and planned features. I'd love to learn to code and have always done what I can where I can, but I simply don't have the time with my current work schedule or life commitments.

Tile Makers (Interior and Exterior) - Looking for people who have a good knowledge of Gen 3, who can create or modify existing tiles to fit a vision for a new area of the game.

Spriters - This one is exceedingly important. Whereas I love some of the sprites I have created for Pokemon, many of the custom forms are at present pallette swaps until I find the time to adapt them, which I often find I don't have the skill to do. The custom NPC's thus far I have always commissioned, which can be a rather large money sink, too.

Game Testers - This one is currently the lowest priority, as any members of the community who are willing to help out with the above roles will of course be able to playtest the version that already exists. I don't know if you all would consider that a perk or not, but hey, it is what it is :)

#===================#
Current Information
#===================#
Team: Me, ValiantSoul
Contact me:
Email: PokemonRosenOfficial@gmail.com
Discord: Pokemon Rosen Server

Last edited:

pizzataco890

Trainer
#===================#
Pokemon Rosen Version
#===================#

View attachment 11648

Welcome to the Recruitment Initiative for Pokemon Rosen!

Perhaps I should explain.The year is 2122, and the technology giant Cyber has recently released it's new product: an immersive deep dive system into a world long forgotten by modern culture: the World of Pokemon! At the behest of the Cyber CEO's child the long forgotten franchise was reawoken from the history books and recreated in virtual reality. Not content with simply repeating the past, the team behind this monumental effort created a whole new region, Alyssia! Within it, our dedicated team have created an immersive and dynamic story for you to explore, and introduced a new variant of Pokemon to the A.I-driven populace, the Rosen-formes. Lately, it seems that there have been errors with our program, and NPC's are not behaving as we have come to expect.

View attachment 11647

#===================#
The Alyssia Region
#===================#

As of the time of writing, Alyssia currently contains 5 towns with a total of 3 Gyms within them, and most of Western Alyssia is mapped out and fully interactable with the stories and events contained within. When the final version is completed, we would like to have 16 fully explorable towns with a total of 8 main gyms and 5 challenge gyms as part of our player's journeys.

In this region, the legendary Professor Oak steps in to assist young trainers, as Alyssia itself has no resident expert to rely upon. He will potentially confer one of three starter Pokemon to them, new Rosen formes one and all.

View attachment 11649View attachment 11650View attachment 11651

Urgent help is needed not only to play test what is already avaliable but to chart a course forwards and finish the experience in order for it to be ready in time for the highly antricipated public release.

Before we announce who we would request join this ground breaking team, here are some announcements about the features we already have avaliable:
o 100+ new Rosen Formes (with more to come)
o 334 Pokemon avaliable (with the aim for a complete National Dex)
o 5+ hours of story content (with significantly more by the final story beat)
o 3 Gyms and 1 Challenge Gym beatable (with 8 and 5 planned respectively)
o A dynamic questing system with many side quests in each locale (including main quests, trade quests, side quests)
o 100 Golden Spinaraks to find for a family in need... (with 35 currently hiding around)
o Custom sprites for many important NPC's
o PokeTriad World Championship an optional plot point (unlockable with some tenacious card battling!)
o Unlockable move relearner akin to Legends Arceus
o Unlockable PC box to use wherever you are
o Custom shiny sprites for several classic Pokemon
o Strange Lost Rifts that contain fragements of another world...
o Rebattle enhanced copies of trainers in the Proto Gym for unique rewards...
o HM Items to remove the need for HM's entirely
o Use Nature Therapy to alter your Pokemon's nature at a cost...

o Challenging battles where key NPC's try to overwhelm with tactics
o A world that changes and encourages revisiting old locales

#===================#
The Story so far...
#===================#

View attachment 11657View attachment 11658
You are the child of the CEO of Cyber, the worlds largest technology conglomerate. At your behest, Pokemon, a long dead franchise, has been revived in the form of an immersive reality simulation that utillises a player's dreams to create realistic experiences and sensations. On the launch day of this project, you are the first to test the system but something unforseen goes wrong - the systems designed to protect you fail, and the failsafes are disabled, sending you spiralling into a test server known as Alyssia ZERO with no memories or recollections on where you came from.

Your journey begins at the behest of Professor Oak who believes they have used strange technology to bring you through to this world, when he tells you that Rosen forme Pokemon come from the same world that you do, and that his colleague, an expert on them, has gone missing. He wishes to see your effect on the world around you, as these Pokemon have been wreaking devestating changes on various ecosystems areound the region.

On your quest, you will encounter the mysterious Team Null who claim to know the reality around them is not quite what it seems, and wish to reduce that world to nothing, to Null... you will not fight them alone however, as oddly familiar figures from a life you no longer remember begin to appear to guide you through an ever changing world within which, you do not truely belong.

#===================#
Recruitment
#===================#
Despite the flowery intro above, I'm currently the only one working on this project.

This has been a passion project for quite some time, and has seen quite a few iterations over the years. I've invested more time than I care to admit, and I thought it time to see if I can get a team together and get this moving for real. To that end...​

Story/Script Writers - Looking for people who can help look through the current story brief and dialouge, address any inconsisties, and help move the story along going forwards.

Mappers - Looking for people who have experience working with the Gen 3 style on RPG Maker who can make excellent maps to spec.

Scripters - This one is exceedingly important. Looking for people adept in scripting to help wit'h various events, plugins, and planned features. I'd love to learn to code and have always done what I can where I can, but I simply don't have the time with my current work schedule or life commitments.

Tile Makers (Interior and Exterior) - Looking for people who have a good knowledge of Gen 3, who can create or modify existing tiles to fit a vision for a new area of the game.

Spriters - This one is exceedingly important. Whereas I love some of the sprites I have created for Pokemon, many of the custom forms are at present pallette swaps until I find the time to adapt them, which I often find I don't have the skill to do. The custom NPC's thus far I have always commissioned, which can be a rather large money sink, too.

Game Testers - This one is currently the lowest priority, as any members of the community who are willing to help out with the above roles will of course be able to playtest the version that already exists. I don't know if you all would consider that a perk or not, but hey, it is what it is :)

#===================#
Current Information
#===================#
Team: Me, ValiantSoul
Contact me:
Relic Castle: ValiantSoul

In the mean time, here are some screenshots of several locales in the game so far:
View attachment 11653
View attachment 11654
View attachment 11655
View attachment 11656

Omg! Pokémon Rosen looks epic so far. I will be able to help out with game testing because I'm experienced in that area. PM if need any help with it.

ValiantSoul

World Traveller
Omg! Pokémon Rosen looks epic so far. I will be able to help out with game testing because I'm experienced in that area. PM if need any help with it.
Heeeey thanks for the compliment pal. I know aspects of the game are quite broken as of now, as soon as I have scripters to fix the obvious stuff I'll open it for playtesting :)

Last edited:

Reignburst00

Novice
Id like to be part of this project with you. I can help with story/script writing. As well helping with pokedex entries.

Heinous Pants

Rookie
I totally could if it gains any traction, I'm not sure it's worth it yet as I've only just announced it now :]
I definitely think a Discord server would be beneficial. As long as you’re willing to work on it, I’m willing to bet this game will gain traction. Discord is almost ideal for fangame development, in my opinion.

Heinous Pants

Rookie
I totally could if it gains any traction, I'm not sure it's worth it yet as I've only just announced it now :]
I highly suggest you make a Discord. The platform is almost ideal for developing a fangame in my opinion. By the way, I might be willing to help with Pokémon spriting.

SomeAllay

Novice
So, why is Pokemon a franchise? is this based in real world or the pokemon world?

ValiantSoul

World Traveller
Pokemon Rosen is readying for a release of Episode 1, and is constantly seeking new team members to create the most amazing product it can be. We've already accrued an amazing team of people, but would always love to welcome more into our growing efforts.

The above post has been updated with the new designs for our protagonists, an example of several Shadow Pokemon, and of course our newly redesigned Starter Pokemon, Solosis! If you're interested in any of this, have questions or appreciation - do join our Server!

| Recruitment |
As we move towards getting the game ready for an eventual Episode 1 release, we find that we need more hands on deck in order to do that in any kind of timely manner. We are in need of:
1. Scripters (Who can make interfaces, and are familiar with Pokemon Essentials.
2. Artists (Who are familiar with the Gen 3 Style for for NPCs, Gen 4 Style for Pokemon)

| Contact us via |
Discord: https://discord.gg/H4f24N3pFQ

Hope to see you soon in Alyssia,
Lead Developer,
ValiantGamer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back