• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Recruiting Pokemon Darkside

This thread's author is looking for long-term team members.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Klefka

Rookie
Hello! Welcome to the Kohaku region! This region was born from the union of Kanto and Johto, in a different timeline, where everything seems to be different.
In this game, you can choose Between Snivy, Fennekin and Sobble for starters. And the overworlds will be in gen 4 style, and is being used Pokemon essentials v19.1 + EBDX, with single frames.
new_1.png

We are looking for:
-Story writers: People who can give ideas for the story and events.
-Coders: People who can develop using pokemon essentials.
-Pixel artists: People with experience in pixel art in general. Tiles, pokemon, trainers, everything works.
-Digital artists: People who, for example, can draw portraits, Ken Sugimori style is not required.
-Music makers: People who can, at least, make remixes.
-Mappers: People who can make maps in pokemon essentials.​

The story of Darkside:
A detective called Ignota, started investigating when the crimson mist appeared in her region Kohaku.
This cursed mist, with currently an unknown origin, caused the awakening of many dangerous creatures that are a threat to the region.
During her investigation, she will have the help of people like Naru, her couple and her partner that will make these deadly encounters easier for her.
Naru, as gratitude, he asks Ignota for help with his researches in pokemon and challenge the gym leaders, since he is not a pokemon professor yet and wants to see everything himself.

Features:
-All the pokemon from gen 1 and gen 2, with their crossgen evos, regional forms, mega evolutions, and a few extra pokemon (including cut pokemon!) and fakemon to give some variety to the adventure.
-The type "???" will have a major presence in the game, will be referred as Typeless.
-A dark story that will keep the player hooked and curious about its twists and turns.
-Many of the foes you will confront in the story, are familiar faces from other places, will you know who they are?
-2 different story paths, leading to different endings.
-HMs are back, but they work like TMs and are better moves!
-10 gym leaders in total!

Screenshots and stuff made:
The game is very early in development, so there isn't much stuff to show. However, you can still take a look at this.
Photo 1.png
Photo 2.png
4.png
Pokemon samples.png

Credits:
-Pokemon sprites, dialogue box, main character and Galarian Slowpoke overworld: me
-Logo: AmirX3
-EBDX and single frame EBDX: Luka S.J.
-Tileset (so far): Kyledove, Akizakura16, Ekat99, Pablus94 and me.
-Pokemon Essentials: Poccil, Flameguru, Maruno
-RPG Maker XP: Enterbrain​

We aren't many on the team, but if you want to join us, here is my discord tag! Klefastra#2025

Last edited:

Reignburst00

Novice
YOOOOOOO. I would love to be part of this story writing. I can come up with some great ideas with this. Are there gonna regional variants or any kind of forms? I can help pokedex entries too. Keep me posted.

Klefka

Rookie
YOOOOOOO. I would love to be part of this story writing. I can come up with some great ideas with this. Are there gonna regional variants or any kind of forms? I can help pokedex entries too. Keep me posted.
Yeah! there Will be regional forms! Spoink and Wooper, for example, have regional forms. And you could consider some of the special guests regional forms.

Reignburst00

Novice
Yeah! there Will be regional forms! Spoink and Wooper, for example, have regional forms. And you could consider some of the special guests regional forms.
Yes, I love them. Just got into the server on discord. Just got home from work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back