• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokémon Battle Mountain

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Released
Pokémon Battle Mountain
title.png

Image Source: Mt. Molteau from XY Anime

Download
Pokemon Available - Changes - New Moves/Abilities - Trainer Battles - Resource Pack
These are all clickable
Important:
After each fight in a section if you have the Heal after Battle Mod off, your team should heal. Sometimes this won't work, be sure to check if your team properly healed. If not you'll have to use the PC to heal. (Sorry to those who are using the No PC Mod)
Update: This should be fixed now but I'll keep this here just incase it doesn't.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What's the Game About?

You have been given the opportunity to visit Battle Mountain!
Here you can face trainers from all of the world Kanto
Gym Leaders, Elite 4, and even Legendary Trainers!

Over 120 Pokémon available to obtain and some with new moves, abilities, and types!
Each Pokémon have a prebuilt Moveset and Ability!

IVs, EVs, and Natures do not impact your Pokémon, all Pokémon are equal!
1/30 Shiny Rate! (2 Custom Shinys)

Can you collect them all?

With each defeat your Pokémon will earn a Ribbon!
How many can YOU put on 1 Pokémon?

Mega Evolution has changed with Battle Bond
After defeating a opposing Pokémon, certain Pokémon with Battle Bond will Mega Evolve!

They don't revert after the battle, this will be fixed later. Have fun with permanent Megas!

Gameplay!

Battle Moutain.png
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Updates
1.1:
Losing sent you to the Hall of Fame, this is fixed. You don't win by losing (at least not in this game)

1.2:
Fixed an event where finishing a section you were able to talk to an NPC that would reward you with a Pokemon multiple times. You get 1 and that's it!

1.3:
Forgot Variables in events do "or above" and not equal, this let you
obtain multiple Jolteon in Lt. Surge's room
After defeating a trainer your team should heal. It wouldn't before sometimes but now it should

1.4:
You can surf (but you'll need a Pokemon with Surf)
Player has 8 Badges at the start, considering you're the Champion... you should have these.

Team: Myself
Made Using: RPGMaker
Notes: There are plans to add more trainers from other regions and many more Pokémon. When you lose you'll end up in the Hall of Fame, can't figure out how to stop it, had to make a work around until I can send the player to the hub.
Turns out this and the World Summit entry are pretty similar, this wasn't done on purpose. In fact the dev and I both found it funny how similar they were

Credits:
Battler Sprites:
Gen 1-5 Pokemon Sprites
veekun

Gen 6 Pokemon Sprites
All Contributors To Smogon X/Y Sprite Project

Gen 7 Pokemon Sprites
All Contributors To Smogon Sun/Moon Sprite Project

Gen 8 Pokemon Sprites
All Contributors To Smogon Sword/Shield Sprite Project

Overworld Sprites
Gen 6+ Berry Tree Overworlds
Anarlaurendil

Gen 6 Pokemon Overworlds
princess-pheonix, LunarDusk, Wolfang62, TintjeMadelintje101, piphybuilder88

Gen 7 Pokemon Overworlds
Larry Turbo, princess-pheonix

Gen 8 Pokemon Overworlds
SageDeoxys, Wolfang62, LarryTurbo, tammyclaydon

Gen 1-5 Pokemon Overworlds
MissingLukey, help-14, Kymoyonian, cSc-A7X, 2and2makes5, Pokegirl4ever, Fernandojl,
Silver-Skies, TyranitarDark, Getsuei-H, Kid1513, Milomilotic11, Kyt666, kdiamo11,
Chocosrawlooid, Syledude, Gallanty, Gizamimi-Pichu, 2and2makes5, Zyon17,LarryTurbo,
spritesstealer, LarryTurbo

Icon Sprites
Gen 1-6 Pokemon Icon Sprites
Alaguesia

Gen 7 Pokemon Icon Sprites
Marin, MapleBranchWing,
Contributors to the DS Styled Gen 7+ Repository

Gen 8 Icon Sprites
Larry Turbo, Leparagon

Cry Credits:
Gen 1-6 Pokemon Cries
Rhyden

Gen 7 Pokemon Cries
Marin, Rhyden

Gen 8 Pokemon Cries
Zeak6464

Script Credits:
Golisopod User, Luka S.J.

Compilation of Resources:
Golisopod User, UberDunsparce

Pokemon Legends Arceus
Resource Credits

StCooler
(Original script for Gen 8 Project in v18 and Status sprites)

PorousMist and curryofthepast
(Adapting the script for v19.1 use)

AztecCroc
(Item icons)

KingOfThe-X-Roads
(Pokemon Sprites)

Morningdew
(Pokemon cries ripped)

LuigiTKO
(Pokemon icons)

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Marin
Boushy
MiDas Mike
Brother1440
Near Fantastica
FL.
PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami
Popper
Golisopod User
Rataime
help-14
Savordez
IceGod64
SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock
the__end
KitsuneKouta
Venom12
Lisa Anthony
Wachunga
Luka S.J.
and everyone else who helped out

"mkxp-z" by:
Roza
Based on "mkxp" by Ancurio et al.

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

Last edited:

Haunted Ditto

Creator of Pokemon Pandora and Pokemon Climate
Played through the game and I have to say that this is a solid jam entry!
I'm always a sucker for themed battle gauntlets.
The "Legendary Trainers Route" was pretty cool and I liked how you gave the gym leaders some anime or theme fitting mons (like Escalavier for Surge) so their teams weren't very monotype.
Adding achievements made it more engaging too.

One bug I found was that after finishing a round, you can claim the prize Pokemon several times.
Everything else worked flawless tho.

CrimsonTy

Just some guy
Played through the game and I have to say that this is a solid jam entry!
I'm always a sucker for themed battle gauntlets.
The "Legendary Trainers Route" was pretty cool and I liked how you gave the gym leaders some anime or theme fitting mons (like Escalavier for Surge) so their teams weren't very monotype.
Adding achievements made it more engaging too.

One bug I found was that after finishing a round, you can claim the prize Pokemon several times.
Everything else worked flawless tho.
Which room did you encounter this bug?
Also glad you enjoyed it!

Played through the game on stream today, I know you were there but just to leave some comments:
A good fun battle sim game! Simple but fun!

I feel like I've been playing a lot of battle sims recently but they've all been so different, and yours is no exception. I liked the format of having a pull of completely pre-made pokemon with no editting allowed. I had to look at their abilities and movesets to decide what I wanted to go with, and that was all I got. And the game felt balanced around it too! I wasn't struggling because of my lack of items or choice of ability, the pokemon held up on their own and provided a good amount of fair but still challenging, difficulty!

I also have to commend you on the changes you made to some pre-existing pokemon, it really spiced things up and led to some shocking moments, like realising that blastoise was now a steel type. Really good stuff you did to keep things fresh.

And I think all these choices worked perfectly together with how the player was encouraged to change up their team a bit after every fight, with the pc between rooms. It made for fun gameplay where I wasn't just repeating the same thing over and over again, and it let me explore all the changes you had made to the pokemon.

A nice simple battle sim, good job!

Back