• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokémon World Summit

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed

Pokémon World Summit

Relic Castle Game Jam #8 Entry​

Team:​

TwentyExEx - Resource compilation, moveset creation, PBS changes
kallisto - Scripting, eventing, mapping
Horo - Overworld sprites for several trainers
Nomi - Playtesting, feedback​

If there are any bugs you would like to report,
please report them in the #bug-reports channel of the
Discord server.

Sequel/Expansion in development now!

Hey, please check out the thread for the sequel and join the discord server above to keep up to date with development!

Introduction

Pokémon World Summit is a game inspired by the battle-focused gameplay of modes such as the Battle Frontier, as well as the Pokémon World Tournament. You play as a young, but fairly experienced Pokémon trainer who has been given the life-changing opportunity to compete against the world's finest trainers. Work your way up the ranks in the Pokémon World Summit and discover new ways to battle, all while fighting against familiar faces.

Features

Battle-Ready Pokémon:

• Pokémon can be obtained from vending machines, from trainers you've defeated, or even from questionable salesmen
  • All Pokémon are set up with curated movesets from the moment you receive them
  • Your Pokémon can be taught any of its learnable moves, including TM Moves, Tutor Moves, and even Egg Moves
  • Super Train your Pokémon to instantly boost two stats of your choosing
  • Natures and abilities (including hidden abilities) are easily changed to further optimize your Pokémon for your strategies

Dynamic Difficulty:

• Opponent Pokémon's movesets, stats, held items, and even natures can change with different difficulty levels
  • Freely change your difficulty to better improve your experience at any point of the game
  • No penalties for loss: gain money with every battle, whether you win or lose

Iconic Opponents:

• Over 100 renowned trainers to fight from all generations of Pokémon games in the Summit Challenge
  • Custom teams hand-crafted for each Summit Challenge trainer
  • Infinite trainer combinations in the Summit Arcade

Online PVP:

• Fight against your friends with your team! Simply enter each other's Trainer ID to connect and play. [/COLOR]
  • The server will be up 24/7.
  • Both Singles and Doubles available.
  • Find people to battle on our Discord Server.

Discord Rich Presence:

• Discord Game Activity reflects your in-game actions
  • Display your opponents in real-time

Curated Soundtrack:

• Features music from the soundtrack of Pokémon Masters EX
  • Optional download to replace the soundtrack with classic tracks from the original games

Screenshots

Credits

~~ Graphics ~~

Overworlds for the following:

Barry, Bianca, Pryce, Clair, Drake, Professor Birch, Archie, Volkner, Professor Sycamore, Professor Elm, Bertha, Flint, Cheryl, Mira, Professor Rowan, Benga, Hilbert, Lyra, Dawn, Serena, Professor Kukui, Boarder, Rocker, Super Nerd, Tamer, Hex Maniac, Team Galactic Grunt - Aveontrainer
Silver - Skeizerr and Aveontrainer
Wally, Whitney, Morty, Chuck, Jasmine, Roxanne, Wattson, Tate, Liza, Sidney, Phoebe, Ghetsis, Crasher Wake, Fantina, Byron, Drayden, Cheren, Aaron, Lucian, Marley, Caitlin, Professor Juniper, Lucas, Wallace, Steven, Team Aqua Grunt (M/F) - Starsparkless and Aveontrainer
Hau, Shauna, Trevor, Lana, Marnie, Bea, Hau, Mina - Zender1752 and Aveontrainer
Falkner - BurstXShadowsX and Aveontrainer
Bugsy, Winona, Cyrus, Brycen - PurpleZaffre, Starsparkless and Aveontrainer
Wulfric, Eusine, Avery, Nate, Rosa, Team Plasma Grunt (M,F), - PurpleZaffre and Aveontrainer
Glacia - Starsparkless, KalerioDion and Aveontrainer
Nanu, Kahili - Silentninja, TSR, Furs the Fox, ShiningStar5022
Roark, Gardenia, Maylene, Will, Karen, N, Gold - PurpleZaffre
Candice, Roxie, Fairy Tale Girl - UlithiumDragon
Burgh, Clay, Skyla, Marlon, Viola, Grant, Korrina, Ramos, Valerie, Olympia, Shauntal, Grimsley, Malva, Siebold, Wikstrom, Drasna, Hop, Janine, Cilan, Chili, Cress, Marshal, Milo, Nessa, Kabu, Opal, Gordie, Melony, Piers, Raihan, Selene, Gloria, Elio, Victor, Mustard, Bede, Sonia, Peony, President Rose, Buck, Lisia, Green, Looker, Lysandre, Guzma, Lenora, Elesa, Ilima, Kiawe, Sophocles, Olivia, Hala, Hapu, Acerola, Lusamine, Iris, Maxie, Molayne, Gladion - Miguel_Horo
Clemont - pokemonrater
Whitney - Starsparkless
Hugh - SylveonGives
Mallow - Droid779 and Aveontrainer
Riley - Etique and Aveontrainer
Klara, Allister - hekigaHoge and Aveontrainer
Calem - spritestealer and Aveontrainer
Hilda - Starsparkless, kisirokitsune and Aveontrainer
Leon - JappaWakka and PurpleZaffre
Diantha - Lolw3e932
Alder - KalerioDion and Aveontrainer
Cynthia - Wobb and Aveontrainer
Kindler - Spherical Ice and Aveontrainer
Dragon Tamer, Burglar, Engineer, Breeder, Lady - kalerie and Aveontrainer
Painter, PokeManiac, Pokemon Ranger F/M - MrDollSteak and Aveontrainer
Female Swimmer - Teraneck
Brawly, Norman, Juan - Poffin_Case
Schoolkid - Young-Dante
Team Flare Grunt (M,F) - PurpleZaffre, izzyviscious and Aveontrainer

Trainer Sprites
Milo, Nessa, Kabu, Bea, Allister, Opal, Gordie, Melony, Piers, Raihan, President Rose, Green, Lisia, Klara, Avery, Mustard, Marnie, Bede, Sonia, Peony, Gloria, Leon - Brumirage, Altthiel, Pujolly and Irpachuza.
Ilima, Lana, Kiawe, Mallow, Sophocles, Acerola, Mina, Hau, Guzma, Elio, Selene, Kukui, Hala, Nanu, Hapu, Kahili, Molayne, Lusamine, Gladion - Beliot419
Viola, Korrina, Ramos, Clemont, Valerie, Olympia, Wulfric, Sidney, Malva, Siebold, Wikstrom, Drasna - Gnomowladny
Grant, Glacia - MechanicalApe464
Wally, Maxie, Archie, Leaf, Red, Brandan, May, Victor, Steven - hyo-oppa
Shauna - Krokotips
Lysandre, Brock, Misty, Surge, Erika, Koga, Sabrina, Blaine, Lorelei, Bruno, Agatha, Lance - Drawnamu
Professor Elm - VictorV111
Kris - Kimba616, InvaderDebz and pruighfyurgfgbvf
Phoebe - UltimaxLugia2020
Drake - Segesi
Zinnia - Jart4115
Professor Juniper - art-56
Professor Sycamore - Wynruelle
Trevor - Aveontrainer
Calem, Serena - TintjeMadelintje101
Looker, Diantha, Fairy Tale Girl, Hex Maniac, Lord (Announcer) - KyleDove
Standard Trainer Classes, Oak - kensuyjin33, Flamejow, AutumnSpire and duncapham
Roxanne, Brawly, Wattson, Flannery, Norman, Winona, Tate, Liza, Wallace - ChromusSama and Shir0n
Team Aqua Grunts (M/F), Team Magma Grunts (M/F) - IceJkai

Other Sprites

Player Sprite - WolfHeretic (via Advanced Character Customization)
Gym Badges - VictorV111
Z Crystals - Pixel3r

Pokemon Emerald UI Pack

Voltseon (For Bag, Relearn, Party, Summary)
Shashu-Greninja, Gazza teh Fox, ENLS (For Trainer Card UI)
Pokémon Splice Team (For Battle UI)

~~ Pokemon Generation 8 Project for v20.1 ~~

Battler Sprites:

Gen 1-5 Pokemon Sprites - veekun
Gen 6 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon X/Y Sprite Project
Gen 7 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sun/Moon Sprite Project
Gen 8 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sword/Shield Sprite Project

Overworld Sprites

Gen 6+ Berry Tree Overworlds - Anarlaurendil
Gen 6 Pokemon Overworlds - princess-pheonix, LunarDusk, Wolfang62, TintjeMadelintje101, piphybuilder88
Gen 7 Pokemon Overworlds - Larry Turbo, princess-pheonix
Gen 8 Pokemon Overworlds - SageDeoxys, Wolfang62, LarryTurbo, tammyclaydon
Gen 1-5 Pokemon Overworlds - MissingLukey, help-14, Kymoyonian, cSc-A7X, 2and2makes5, Pokegirl4ever, Fernandojl, Silver-Skies, TyranitarDark, Getsuei-H, Kid1513, Milomilotic11, Kyt666, kdiamo11, Chocosrawlooid, Syledude, Gallanty, Gizamimi-Pichu, 2and2makes5, Zyon17,LarryTurbo, spritesstealer, LarryTurbo

Icon Sprites

Gen 1-6 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Alaguesia
Gen 7 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Marin, MapleBranchWing, Contributors to the DS Styled Gen 7+ Repository
Gen 8 Icon Sprites - Larry Turbo, Leparagon

Cry Credits:

Gen 1-6 Pokemon Cries - Rhyden
Gen 7 Pokemon Cries - Marin, Rhyden
Gen 8 Pokemon Cries - Zeak6464

Script Credits:

Golisopod User, Luka S.J.

Compilation of Resources:

Golisopod User, UberDunsparce

~~Music~~

Pokemon Masters EX

~~Animations~~

Pokemon Reborn
Gen 8 move animation project by StCooler, DarryBD99, WolfPP, ardicoozer, riddlemeree.
Sound Effects - BellBlitzKing

~~Scripts~~

BW Key Items - KleinStudio, DeepBlue PacificWaves, Izanagi
Discord Rich Presence API - rainefall
Luka's Scripting Utilities, Modular Title Screen - Luka S.J.
Ultimate Move Tutor - Grogro
Rename from Party - TechSkylander1518
Better Speed Up - Marin for the original script, Phantombass for updating to 19.1
v20.1 Hotfixes - Maruno
Cable Club - mGriffin,Khaikaa,Vendily

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Boushy,MiDas Mike
Brother1440,Near Fantastica
FL.,PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami,Popper
Golisopod User,Rataime
help-14,Savordez
IceGod64,SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock,the__end
KitsuneKouta,Venom12
Lisa Anthony,Wachunga
Luka S.J.,
and everyone else who helped out

"mkxp-z" by:
Roza
Based on "mkxp" by Ancurio et al.

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

Public Resources

All of our commissioned trainer overworlds are here.
All other graphic assets used in this game are either existing credited public resources, vanilla Essentials graphics, or simple edits to either of those.

Last edited by a moderator:
I beat the game and claimed myself a place in the world hall of fame!
qSeDKR2.png

What a great game!
Some thoughts:
Really fun game, I know I said this on stream but this game sets out to be a fun battle sim and I think it executes that perfectly. A cool tournament style game where you see lots of familiar faces from all the games. The enemy teams are well put together. The ready made gacha pokemon are well done, but aren't so optimized that the player has no input into how you want to play. The pokemon come more as a base and then using the facilities you're able to give them the items, evs and abilities that you want to roll with. It's super satisfying. And I really like that as you play you recieve the Pokémon of the people you have beaten.

Graphically it felt really well put together, despite having characters from every region, the game stays consistently gen 3, and even in the battle scene, extra care has been put in to make it look authentic. Along with having nice pokemon masters music, the atmosphere of the game hits good.

It's worth saying that I'm not even much of a big pokemon battler myself, but this game managed to hold my attention for nearly 4 hours which speaks for itself on its quality. Good stuff man and I had a great time for all those 4 hours.

One last note, I didn't get to use it, but it is super super cool that online exists for this game, such a nice and fitting touch. Truly a world summit.

Armin

☆★★☆
Hi there! I completed your game and had a really great time!

For me it feels like a trip down memory lane, seeing almost all the characters I know and love from the games and listening to their themes. I thought the custom sprites and overworlds for trainers without official sprites are very well done (and will be very, very useful for future games, so thank you for that resource pack!<3) Using the soundtrack of Pokémon Masters EX is a really nice touch for me personally, as it adds a nice twist to the songs I'm familiar with, keeping things fresh~

Speaking of twists, I especially loved the change of pace when Rainbow Rocket took over the World Summit. However, the segment came with its own set of bugs, so I wasn't able to fully experience it. :(
[2022-08-16] 00_35_02.343.png

- Cyrus's Weavile wrecked my team with Foul Play so I was returned to the lobby. When I battled the boss bracket again, all the battles had no background.

[2022-08-16] 00_39_16.893.png
[2022-08-16] 00_40_32.013.png

- And after the first wave of bosses, Cyrus became Koga and had 6 Pokémon? Even though the player has 3 Pokémon at this point. Of course, I got wrecked and was returned to the lobby. The next thing the receptionist told me was that I'll be facing the Johto Elite bracket, skipping over the other bosses and the Kanto Elite bracket.

That didn't completely break the game, so I was able to enjoy the rest of the fights until the very end! ^^

Other bugs include:
[2022-08-15] 23_33_36.993.png
[2022-08-15] 23_33_39.788.png

- Changing Abilities costing $3000 instead of $2000

[2022-08-16] 00_56_55.917.png

- Sometimes, the announcer will announce the wrong type specialization for trainers

Kukui's ninetales.png

- Opponent Pokémon who are supposed to appear in their alternate forms (e.g. Rapidash, Ninetales, Indeedee, Lycanroc) appear in form 0. In Lycanroc's case, because it's night time when I played the game, it appeared in Midnight form instead.

[2022-08-15] 22_40_19.974.png
[2022-08-15] 22_51_35.216.png

- The screenshot on the left happens when, after you're forced to save after buying a Pokémon from the vending machine, restart the game, and select the new game option. Essentially, the vending machine event repeats itself during the new game. Pressing yes results in an error message and pressing no takes you back to the intro when the player is exiting the house. (I have no idea how I landed on the screenshot on the right, but it has something to do with saving the game during an event rather than from the pause menu ><)

If I were to give a piece of feedback, it would be that the services (items, natures, abilities and super training) are a tad too expensive. However, because the player is able to change the difficulty level whenever, I sort of mitigated that by playing on Normal when my Pokémon had no EVs and increasing the difficulty when my Pokémon are more well-equipped. I don't know if that's intentional by design, but it works well for me, and I thought it was quite clever too!

Final team (I was honestly quite lucky):

[2022-08-16] 23_12_09.029.png

Thank you so much for making this enjoyable game!

Out of curiosity I took a look at the PBS to see the differences between trainers in the various modes, and saw the 28k+ lines of trainers.txt??? As someone whose jam game's trainers.txt had only 26k+ lines, I felt an inexplicable sense of companionship, that I'm not alone in willingly torturing myself for a goddamned fangame lol. I know all too well the pains it must have taken you to write all those lines, especially if those movesets are completely original, so truly, truly, all the kudos for you guys and your great efforts!

Back