• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Fame Checker [v19/v20]

Resource Fame Checker [v19/v20] 2.1.1

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
This website changes the " into : But in my script call is this way " OAK " same works for " EXPERIMENT " Still, i don't know if it should be that way, since that there's no script call example anywhere.
pic.png

This appears in the black window. I can still open the fame checker through the bag, but since that it didn't contain any info, it will closes. I'm trying to add some info that cames as an example, but it always fails to me. This happens in the version before the recent update too. So, i don't thing that i did something wrong, but maybe there's something that i miss that is causing that error? I'm a bit cluess about all of this, but i will recheck again and again, if necessary, but i think that it should work with the examples, right?

domx9200

Novice
This website changes the " into : But in my script call is this way " OAK " same works for " EXPERIMENT " Still, i don't know if it should be that way, since that there's no script call example anywhere. View attachment 13253

This appears in the black window. I can still open the fame checker through the bag, but since that it didn't contain any info, it will closes. I'm trying to add some info that cames as an example, but it always fails to me. This happens in the version before the recent update too. So, i don't thing that i did something wrong, but maybe there's something that i miss that is causing that error? I'm a bit cluess about all of this, but i will recheck again and again, if necessary, but i think that it should work with the examples, right?
Did you compile the PBS file? The PBS file needs to be compiled for it to retrieve any data. That's because the PBS file is where you add your famous people and pieces of info. All of the functions in game are expressly meant to modify already existing data, not create new data.

domx9200

Novice
domx9200 updated Fame Checker [v19/v20] with a new update entry:

Fame Checker 2.0.4, Dynamic Renaming and Save Parity Fixes

Well, I kinda left a big bug in the code that a doubt anybody would have found until they screwed up at least one save file. I found it because I was telling a friend about this project and something I was talking about made me realize the issue. It was a really problematic bug. If you removed or added any info elements not at the end, the save would de-sync. This is also true if you remove and add elements at the same time, or swap elements around. Unfortunately, if you broke your save file...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
Hello again. Sorry to take so long to answer you. About my resported issue with the script, if the path is: PBS/FameChecker or even PBS folder, the game won't compile the file in any situation. It compiles the essentials PBS files but not the famechecker one. I even start a new game, but it simple, ignores it.

domx9200

Novice
Hello again. Sorry to take so long to answer you. About my resported issue with the script, if the path is: PBS/FameChecker or even PBS folder, the game won't compile the file in any situation. It compiles the essentials PBS files but not the famechecker one. I even start a new game, but it simple, ignores it.
did you remove all of the files for the v1.1.0 version? they need to be removed so that they don't conflict. Additionally do you have the file fame_targets.txt within the PBS/FameChecker folder?

TheSheikahScholar

How do I change this? :P
Have you tried deleting PluginScripts.rxdata from your data folder to force compile plugins?

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
Yes. I will try other ways again to see why it won't compile, and i will ask another member of my fan game project to see if he will get the same result as me.

domx9200

Novice

Fame Checker 2.1.0, Debug Menu to Add, Remove, and Modify Fame Data

The main purpose of this update is to make it even easier to use. Thus I have created a way to change the fame_targets.txt data from the debug menu, that being said, let's get onto the stuff
  • Bug Fixes
    • A small bug fix with the Save Parity system in which some data would be written to the compiled data, this doesn't cause any issues because the data that was written to isn't actively called during operation, and is furthermore deleted upon ending the program.

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
Hello again! After your newest update, for some odd reason, the game now compiles the fame checker PBS file, and after thinking a while in how to make everything to work properly, i now understand pratically every bit of the plugin. In my fangame, i will only use this as a key item, and through events, they will add bits of info into the item, like in fire red games, there's some lines that i will not need to use, for ex: the animated sprites. Anyway, i have some douts about this:

When we use the device where a "purple UI" appears with the Oak sprite, it only says its name, but in the official games it has some aditional text. If its possible to add that text, how can I do that? The image shows you what part i'm refering.

Here's some ex. text:
"From: PROF. OAK",
"To: YOU",
"Why do POKéMON compete and battle so hard for you?",
"They do so because they can see the love and trust you have towards POKéMON.",
"Never forget that."

This text is from fire red games. The rest is working fine. Oh, and another thing, the game switch is for what? I can use everything without it, that's why i'm asking. XD

Attachments

• pic.png
    pic.png
    17.3 KB · Views: 92

domx9200

Novice
Hello again! After your newest update, for some odd reason, the game now compiles the fame checker PBS file, and after thinking a while in how to make everything to work properly, i now understand pratically every bit of the plugin. In my fangame, i will only use this as a key item, and through events, they will add bits of info into the item, like in fire red games, there's some lines that i will not need to use, for ex: the animated sprites. Anyway, i have some douts about this:

When we use the device where a "purple UI" appears with the Oak sprite, it only says its name, but in the official games it has some aditional text. If its possible to add that text, how can I do that? The image shows you what part i'm refering.

Here's some ex. text:
"From: PROF. OAK",
"To: YOU",
"Why do POKéMON compete and battle so hard for you?",
"They do so because they can see the love and trust you have towards POKéMON.",
"Never forget that."

This text is from fire red games. The rest is working fine. Oh, and another thing, the game switch is for what? I can use everything without it, that's why i'm asking. XD
Hi, the switch is so that you can quickly check if the player has found all info or not, it could be used to give out an achievement or something, it was a small request from another user so I decided to add it in.

as for that additional text, it doesn't appear within my 2 copies of fire red so I didn't think to add anything relating to that. i've attempted to press every possible button to see if I could get it to trigger, but it didn't at all, neither the 1.0 or 1.1 version triggered it, it might be related to completion of all info bits, but i'm not entirely sure how to trigger it. i'll have to do some digging.

EDIT: yeah it looks like it's related to having completed an individual's info list. I can add that to the game.

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
Hi, the switch is so that you can quickly check if the player has found all info or not, it could be used to give out an achievement or something, it was a small request from another user so I decided to add it in.

as for that additional text, it doesn't appear within my 2 copies of fire red so I didn't think to add anything relating to that. i've attempted to press every possible button to see if I could get it to trigger, but it didn't at all, neither the 1.0 or 1.1 version triggered it, it might be related to completion of all info bits, but i'm not entirely sure how to trigger it. i'll have to do some digging.

EDIT: yeah it looks like it's related to having completed an individual's info list. I can add that to the game.
I can make a small video about that part from fire red for you to see. Thx about switches info. By the way, i will improve a little bit the graphics for the fame checker, if you want i can give you a copy.

domx9200

Novice
I can make a small video about that part from fire red for you to see. Thx about switches info. By the way, i will improve a little bit the graphics for the fame checker, if you want i can give you a copy.
It's up to you if you want to modify the textures, I was just trying to make it as close to the original as possible. I do want to see what you do for the textures however. I'm not an artist, and this was really my first attempt at making pixel art, so I think it went well as a first attempt, but I'm sure you're better than I am at that. I already figured out what I was missing, so the video won't be necessary. This is a busy week for me, and I'm sure most others too, so I'll try to get the update out soon, but it might be a bit.

EDIT: fixed grammar

Last edited:

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
It's up to you if you want to modify the textures, I was just trying to make it as close to the original as possible. I do want to see what you do for the textures however, I'm not an artist, and this was really my first attempt at making pixel art, so I think it went well as a first attempt, but i'm sure your better than I am at that. I already figured out what I was missing, so the video won't be necessary. This is a busy week for me, and I'm sure most others too, so I'll try to get the update out soon, but it might be a bit.
Ok no problem then. About the graphics, i usually do them as close as possible to the official ones, but sometimes, i adapt them to fit in essentials. When i done with the graphics, i will sent a copy for you to see them.

EDIT: I changed a little bit some graphics. Here take a look: https://www.mediafire.com/file/07omggc5extef0j/FameChecker.rar/file

Last edited:

domx9200

Novice

Fame Checker 2.1.1, Messages to the Player

• Update
    • Added the ability to display a message for the player when having found all of the pieces of info for a famous person This basically means that as of now, all of the default features that were within the original version are now implemented. I have also added a switch within the userFunctions.rb file to exclude the new feature if wanted. This also means that you can modify this value within the debug menu.
  • Hope everybody has enjoyed using this plugin so...

AenaonDogsky

Arbiter of Doggos
I'm glad to see that you are still planing on using the Fame Checker, please tell me your thoughts on it afterwards
Yes, of course I am! I was trying to come up with a "notebook" system for a fair amount of NPCs originally, before I saw your resource the first time, and wasn't sure how I'd go about it in RMXP (there's already systems like that for later rpg makers). But then suddenly your resource popped up, I couldn't believe it lol!

domx9200

Novice
Yes, of course I am! I was trying to come up with a "notebook" system for a fair amount of NPCs originally, before I saw your resource the first time, and wasn't sure how I'd go about it in RMXP (there's already systems like that for later rpg makers). But then suddenly your resource popped up, I couldn't believe it lol!
so quite literally my plugin came in at the perfect time for you. I'm still suprised by the amount of people who have downloaded the plugin so far, and I'm honestly very happy with the result of my work. Thanks for the kind words.

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
How to add the text after we find all pieces of info about a person? I didn't saw any example on how to do that. :/

domx9200

Novice
How to add the text after we find all pieces of info about a person? I didn't saw any example on how to do that. :/
It's the same as everything else, within the fame_targets.txt file add a line for the famous person which is PlayerMessage = "message","to player"
I realize I forgot to add the PlayerMessage thing to the header of the file, nor did I update my example to include it in the Readme, I wasn't exactly thinking about that.

Back