• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Fame Checker [v19/v20]

Resource Fame Checker [v19/v20] 2.1.1

Ignitus

Charizard X trainer
This is so far my immersive favourite plugin and yet the VS seeker that the other guy made reminded me of this because he also made it but was so confusing that he never answered my questions about how to set it up but now I do. Got from Oak to Lance every gossip noted down. now if it is possible to add it to a conditional branch like for first time seeing the person. False is the obvious one but will it remain like that. Very good plugin !

domx9200

Novice
This is so far my immersive favourite plugin and yet the VS seeker that the other guy made reminded me of this because he also made it but was so confusing that he never answered my questions about how to set it up but now I do. Got from Oak to Lance every gossip noted down. now if it is possible to add it to a conditional branch like for first time seeing the person. False is the obvious one but will it remain like that. Very good plugin !
I'm glad you like it, If you have suggestions/improvements or are having trouble, don't hesitate to shoot me a message.

Eurritimia

Novice
How can I change the font of name list and middle screen text? (i'm using a custom font)

Andrronicus

Rookie
Hi there! I was wondering if there are any plans to update this for V.21? I'm happy to help troubleshoot for issues if that would make things easier for you.

AenaonDogsky

Arbiter of Doggos
Hi, after a long hiatus, I'm back on track implementing this. I'm on v21. I'll leave here anything I can find. For now, it seems to be working perfectly The resource is amazingly easy to use.

AenaonDogsky

Arbiter of Doggos
Hi there! I was wondering if there are any plans to update this for V.21? I'm happy to help troubleshoot for issues if that would make things easier for you.
I can confirm it works fine on v21.

There is however, a console error on the background, the game continues as normal.

Error:
Expand Collapse Copy
Exception `RangeError' at [Fame Checker] init.rb:42 - "25540" is recycled object
Exception `RangeError' at [Fame Checker] init.rb:42 - "25560" is recycled object
Exception `RangeError' at [Fame Checker] init.rb:42 - "25580" is recycled object
and so forth, and so forth...

mstrpiece

Rookie
Hey I've been having trouble with this one.

First of all I have this message (which is not problematic right now):
WARNING: Usage of deprecated method "safeIsDirectory?(f)" or its alias.
The method is slated to be removed in Essentials v22.
Use "FileTest.directory?(f)" instead.

And then the one that causes me trouble.
The fame checker does show up but when I use it it's empty (both Oak and Daisy are supposed to show up) it shows this error here:
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at [Fame Checker] init.rb:97 - No such file or directory - Data/fame_targets.dat

I do not have fame_targets.dat but I do have fame_targets.txt. I'm not sure what the issue is.
I saw that maybe compiling would solve the problem but it's possible that this file is searched for first for some reason.
I've sent you a discord friend request in case you(OP)'re able to help me : )

AenaonDogsky

Arbiter of Doggos
Hey I've been having trouble with this one.

First of all I have this message (which is not problematic right now):
WARNING: Usage of deprecated method "safeIsDirectory?(f)" or its alias.
The method is slated to be removed in Essentials v22.
Use "FileTest.directory?(f)" instead.

And then the one that causes me trouble.
The fame checker does show up but when I use it it's empty (both Oak and Daisy are supposed to show up) it shows this error here:
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at [Fame Checker] init.rb:97 - No such file or directory - Data/fame_targets.dat

I do not have fame_targets.dat but I do have fame_targets.txt. I'm not sure what the issue is.
I saw that maybe compiling would solve the problem but it's possible that this file is searched for first for some reason.
I've sent you a discord friend request in case you(OP)'re able to help me : )
I have implemented it fully on my game on v21.

The first error can be resolved by replacing "safeisdirectory?" with "filetest" exactly like the error mentions.
The second error seems to have to do with it being compiled - try changing the fame_targets.txt by adding, let's say, another character (use the same graphic but a different name) and then compile your game. I believe it should work, because newer essentials seems to compile only those scripts that have been changed (I think). It should generate the proper .dat

If it doesn't and you can't contact OP, I'll try to get my modified scripts up (I think I did make some mods for it to work)

Back