• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokémon Deserted

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Released
Project Version

Pokémon Deserted 🏝️

made with Essentials v.19.1​

About it​

Pokémon Deserted is a fangame made in partnership with PoryLeeks and RuffledRowlit,
it's a short but great Pokémon Experience with a lot to explore and have fun with.

Story​

You wake up on a Deserted Island you have no one with you but a Partner Pokémon, make your way through the Island,
defeat Bosses and help the Pokémon that live on the island while also trying to find a way to leave!

Features​

Besides Modern Pokémon QoL improvements the game offers a small but filled with content map,
collectibles, puzzles, and a semi-non linear structure at some parts, and of course, some surprises.

Screenshots​

1.png

2.png

unknown.png

3.png

DOWNLOAD LINK

Pokémon Deserted Download Link (Base Game + v1.1 Update)

[NEW] Update 1.4 Download Link

To install the update, simply drag and drop the Data folder inside the Update Rar File into your game folder to replace the old one with the new one.

obs: This game might still be buggy, please save often to avoid loss of progress.
If you find any issues, bugs or crashes during gameplay please contact me via Discord (riquerique#4219), or this Relic Castle thread!

Credits​

PoryStudios Team:
Porcupine
Lucyfer
Rose
YunG SamyoT
Ball Guy
Internet_Goblin
Lunagrade
Lyra
Swampert_Tube
Eteman
ChicoEevee
MarceloBR

Tileset by:

Kyledove
Magiscarf
MoonTik
Iametrine
Peekychew
Zeo254
WesleyFG
Hydrargirium
Alucus
MichaKing
Zetavares852
J-treecko
Boonzeet
Alistair
AnonAlpaca
Hek-El-Grande
Clara-Dragon
EVoLiNa

Music by:
Zame

Overworld Sprites by:
princess-pheonix
LunarDusk
Wolfang62
TintjeMadelintje101
piphybuilder88
Larry Turbo
SageDeoxys
tammyclaydon
MissingLukey
help-14
Kymoyonian
cSc-A7X
2and2makes5
Pokegirl4ever
Fernandojl
Silver-Skies
TyranitarDark
Getsuei-H
Kid1513
Milomilotic11
Kyt666
kdiamo11
Chocosrawlooid
Syledude
Gallanty
Gizamimi-Pichu
Zyon17
spritesstealer

Pokémon Cries by:
Zeak6464
Marin
Rhyden

Icon Sprites by:
Larry Turbo
Leparagon
Marin
MapleBranchWing
Alaguesia
DS Styled Gen 7+ Repository

PBS Files by:
Golisopod User
Zerokid
TheToxic
HM100
KyureJL
ErwanBeurier

Battle Sprites by:
veekun
All Contributors To Smogon X/Y Sprite Project
All Contributors To Smogon Sun/Moon Sprite Project
All Contributors To Smogon Sword/Shield Sprite Project

Icon Sprites by:
Alaguesia
Marin
MapleBranchWing
Contributors to the DS Styled Gen 7+ Repository
Larry Turbo, Leparagon

Gen 8 Scripts by:
Golisopod User
Maruno
Vendily
TheToxic
HM100
Aioross
WolfPP
MFilice
lolface
KyureJL
DarrylBD99
Turn20Negate
TheKandinavian
ErwanBeurier

v19.1 Hotfixes by:
Maruno

Pokémon Legends: Arceus Expansion (for Gen 8 Project in v19.1) by:
PorousMist
StCooler
curryofthepast

Overworld Shadows EX by:
Golisopod User
Wolf PP
Marin

Marin's Scripting Utilities by:
Marin

Marin's Map Exporter by:
Marin

Luka's Scripting Utilities by:
Luka S.J.

LA Moverelearner by:
Kotaro
IndianAnimator

ItemFind by:
Boonzeet

Item Crafting UI by:
ThatWelshOne_

Following Pokémon EX by:
Golisopod User
Help-14
zingzags
Rayd12smitty
Venom12
mej71
PurpleZaffre
Akizakura16
Thundaga
Armin (Fairies Resource Pack)
Maruno

Elite Battle DX by:
Luka S.J.
Maruno
Marin
Pokecheck.org
PinkCatDragon
Tebited15
BadSamaritan
WolfPP
redblueyellow
Damien
Issei Hyoudou
Nasasu
luckygirl88

Automatic Level Scaling by:
Benitex
Joltik
Umbreon

Always Inside Bushes by:
Kotaro
KleinStudio

Advanced HM Items by:
Moyo
Marin

Pokémon Essentials by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Marin
Boushy
MiDas Mike
Brother1440
Near Fantastica
FL.
PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami
Popper
Golisopod User
Rataime
help-14
Savordez
IceGod64
SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock
the__end
KitsuneKouta
Venom12
Lisa Anthony
Wachunga
Luka S.J.
and everyone else who helped out!

MKXP-Z by:
Roza
Based on MKXP by Ancurio et al.

RPG Maker XP by:
Enterbrain

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

This is a non-profit fan-made game.
No copyright infringements intended.
Please support the official games!

obs: If you weren't credited please let me know so I can add you in this list, contact me on Discord (riquerique#4219).​

Last edited:

Quojo

Rookie
Is there any way to use the dynamax and mega evolutions in the game? cus this game looks beautiful. I wanna spent more time in it

orz

Rookie
I did this and it says Unable to open 'Data\Scripts.rxdata'

Agniko Fireking

That One Pyro
I finished the game yesterday, and I felt I should share my thoughts.

I enjoyed the gameplay, and little Wilson was a great companion, but I felt like it was a bit slow to get moving. It takes a while for you to make your first bit of progress (defeating Jellicent), but then it's pretty much, smooth sailing past there. The one thing that I feel was a bit lacking is that you have very little to go off of to start. You're just dropped in with no goal, and no explanation of why you're there. Yes, it's not entirely necessary, but it feels like the player character is just there, with no explanation. It's easy enough to gather that they were on the ship that crashed there, but then there's nothing suggesting anyone else was on board. And in the end, there's no payoff. Yes, you defeat Team Rocket and save Mew and the other Pokemon, but it feels like none of the mystery surrounding the player is solved whatsoever. It was far from a bad experience, but I felt like it was somewhat lacking, especially with how abrupt the ending was. One thing that I can imagine some people complaining about, but that I don't personally see as a huge issue is Wilson not evolving. While it's true that he doesn't evolve, he has a higher set of base stats than a regular Spheal, and a good move pool to help him along, so I don't see any issue with keeping him a small round boy. At most, I'd say maybe give him a small boost to his stats whenever the player defeats a boss, but I'm not sure how hard that kind of thing would be to program in, and may not be worth it depending on the amount of effort it would take to implement. One thing I feel might be worth doing is giving the player some kind of info saying that the Crafting Kit and Fishing Rod are permanent upgrades since it's not super clear whether they're single-use or not in the crafting menu. All in all, it was a good experience, and I'd definitely enjoy seeing either a sequel, or something along these same lines again.

RiqueRique

the rique
I finished the game yesterday, and I felt I should share my thoughts.

I enjoyed the gameplay, and little Wilson was a great companion, but I felt like it was a bit slow to get moving. It takes a while for you to make your first bit of progress (defeating Jellicent), but then it's pretty much, smooth sailing past there. The one thing that I feel was a bit lacking is that you have very little to go off of to start. You're just dropped in with no goal, and no explanation of why you're there. Yes, it's not entirely necessary, but it feels like the player character is just there, with no explanation. It's easy enough to gather that they were on the ship that crashed there, but then there's nothing suggesting anyone else was on board. And in the end, there's no payoff. Yes, you defeat Team Rocket and save Mew and the other Pokemon, but it feels like none of the mystery surrounding the player is solved whatsoever. It was far from a bad experience, but I felt like it was somewhat lacking, especially with how abrupt the ending was. One thing that I can imagine some people complaining about, but that I don't personally see as a huge issue is Wilson not evolving. While it's true that he doesn't evolve, he has a higher set of base stats than a regular Spheal, and a good move pool to help him along, so I don't see any issue with keeping him a small round boy. At most, I'd say maybe give him a small boost to his stats whenever the player defeats a boss, but I'm not sure how hard that kind of thing would be to program in, and may not be worth it depending on the amount of effort it would take to implement. One thing I feel might be worth doing is giving the player some kind of info saying that the Crafting Kit and Fishing Rod are permanent upgrades since it's not super clear whether they're single-use or not in the crafting menu. All in all, it was a good experience, and I'd definitely enjoy seeing either a sequel, or something along these same lines again.
Hey tysm for playing and providing feedback! I definitely agree with everything you pointed, this was my first game and I definitely wasn't as experienced as I am now. I'd love you to play my other 2 games if you want to ofc! :D

Agniko Fireking

That One Pyro
Hey tysm for playing and providing feedback! I definitely agree with everything you pointed, this was my first game and I definitely wasn't as experienced as I am now. I'd love you to play my other 2 games if you want to ofc! :D
I'm definitely willing to check them out. Might be a little bit before I get around to it, as I've got other things to prioritize, but I will definitely check them out. One thing I forgot to mention is my review is to maybe include a message along with acquiring the wisps, if you ever do anything similar. I know there was one in a certain village where it took me a while to realize what exactly an npc was trying to get me to interact with.

Back