• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokemon Prime Demo

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
xbZFao6.png

This story takes place right before Gold takes on Red at Mount. Silver, yet is set with Red as the protagonist and in Kanto.

AWsuL4h.png

dOWwrWw.png

E7moRWJ.png

sNgqflV.png

6iWJLyy.png

y3iOSsH.png

When Blue is kidnapped by a more powerful version of Team Rocket calling themselves Rocket Prime. Oak sends you on a mission to gather information about Blue when you come across some GAME CHANGING evidence that makes you question what really happened to Blue the game starts to really get good (but stops the whole main story).

Features
Explore (part) of Kanto like never before
Challenge familiar trainers
2 Outfits (Regular and Orange)
Pokemon from Gen 1-5 (they are in the code even if you don't see them)
A good bit of game play (depending on how good you are at puzzles)
and THE VOID

I plan to take the player to the top of Mount. Silver and battle Gold (this is going to happen after you figure out what happened to Blue) and maybe let him be a playable character (not sure yet). I then want get into what I was going to name the game after letting the player travel to Airyato. As you all know Airyato isn't an actual region and this game takes place in the main series timeline (alternate timeline) I guess you will just to play the full game to find out (when it comes out) some more stuff will happen (that I don't want to talk about) and eventually trap the player in The Void. The Void is based off of two things, the Void Glitch from Diamond and Pearl and a glitched up map. The point of The Void is you have a little path that you have to follow, but you can't see it and everywhere outside the path you can't go, so you have know way of knowing what is a dead end or where you are supposed to turn. Eventually the player will get out of The Void and trap the boss of Rocket Prime inside it (not saying who the boss is just saying he is a major character). And then the title screen plays.

All NPCs are worth talking to
The grass in The Void has Legendaries and Pseudo Legiendaries (not just Zubats)
The Void is the end of the Demo, but you are not getting to The Void like this in the actual game
The grass in the Void has 1 spot that if clicked will give you 99 Master-Balls (this spot looks like the other grass)
No need for grinding, all Pokemon (that includes trainers) scale up with your team
Also on the topic of grinding the EXPShare is in the game (just have to talk to the right GUY to find it)

I hope to release the full game before Christmas (hopefully way before Christmas) if I didn't have school I could do it before Halloween, but I have school so that takes up a lot of time.

Thundaga-Provided amazing tutorials (didn’t have to credit him, but I wanted to)
Project Zelda Engine-Zelda Music and Tileset (didn’t use it in the game)
FL-HUD
SunakazeKun-Fixed HUD
Luka SJ-Title Screen, End Credits, and Menu
Scytha Gang-Tha Sun and Moon Remix (that I didn’t use)
thor348-Level Scaling
Leilou-Trainer Evolution
Aki-Summary Screens
mej71-Follow Pokemon
Crazyninjaguy
Kyu-Party Menu
Derxwna Kapsyal-Continue Screen Music
Dragoon-Whitney Sprite, Arceus Sprite
Vendily-Ambient Pokemon Cries
Dazz-Gold Sprite
Help-14-Follow Pokemon
Zingzags-Follow Pokemon
Rayd12smitty-Follow Pokemon
Venom12-Follow Pokemon
Made Using Pokemon Essentials

Team
Just me!

Demo 1.5

If you play the game you know there are obviously a lot of things wrong, this is for one of two reasons. Reason number one, this is my first game. Reason number two, I wanted to get it out in time. Due to this I will be releasing an update in somewhere between one day and one week. The update will just mostly add more trainers and fix bugs.

DOWNLOAD
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ar2va1kke9hdqw6/Pok%E9mon%20Prime.zip

RESOURCES
http://www.mediafire.com/file/snpskmekzwlshap/Pokemon_Prime_Resources.zip
1ykRZFg.png

Last edited:

GeometricGames

Novice
I just wanted to point out, in order to get this game submitted in time I had to skip a few things and one of those things is trainers (I still have the 3 gym leaders) so spend your money wisely! I am going to add all the missing stuff that needs to be added in an update in a week or so, so I the is not at its full (demo) potentials yet.

I just wanted to point out that the game's title is still Pokemon Essentials, so it's gonna pull save files from the "Pokemon Essentials" folder. Also, I know a few things were skipped, but they seem pretty significant when that includes all indoors and dungeon maps, and not just trainers but pretty much all non-essential NPCs.

• Because of the maps that aren't included, a lot of Pokemon variety is missing; I couldn't find anything with a type advantage against Misty.
  • Having Whitney tell the player about following Pokemon is cool, but her Miltank dissappears!
  • There's no battle music at all, the route theme just keeps playing instead
  • Doors to most buildings can be walked on
  • Attempting to enter the gate that normally leads to Viridian Forest gets the player stuck in place
  • Catching a Pokemon species for the first time causes and error (I think I remember this being related to the Pokedex?) which doesn't crash the game, but does prevent that Pokemon from being added to the party. The next time the same species is caught it works normally
  • There are other errors in battle, I got a NoMethodError when a wild Zubat used Poison Fang on my Lapras, or When Lapras was confused and trying to use Brine on a frozen Starmie
  • Oak's dialogue about Rocket Prime is really awkward. Not just the length, but there's a lot of spelling errors that the rest of the game didn't have.
  • The Surfboard item doesn't allow the player to surf

GeometricGames

Novice
Okay, I am currently working an update for the game and I already knew about some of this stuff, but all of those battle glitches are really weird, I will have to look into that. Thanks for letting me know ;)

GeometricGames

Novice
If anybody was wondering I decided that I am not going to update or work on the Demo anymore and just focus on getting the rest of the game out before (or at) Christmas, without any time limit (besides the little one that is more like a goal) I should be able to release a quality game (also assuming I don't get to much homework from my 7th grade teachers) that everybody can enjoy. Thanks for all of your support, EEVEE

Back