• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokémon Blazing Hope and Boundless Dream (Demo Version) (v21.1 Update)

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Demo
Project Version

Infinity Energy, the life force driving all Pokémon...
Discover the secrets of this strange power in Pokémon Blazing Hope and Boundless Dream!

MNEcGAd.png
inekYfn.png

Download links:

Click here to download Pokémon Blazing Hope!

Project Description:

These games are, simply put, my love letter to one of my favorite game franchises ever. They are relatively basic in their structure, with 8 Gyms, and a League Tournament and Elite Four at the end. This game attempts to capture everything that made the DS and prior eras of Pokémon so great, while adding in extra content and quality of life improvements seen in modern Pokémon titles. As a spiritual sequel to Pokémon Sun and Moon, it will feature many challenging Totem Pokémon Boss Battles to really put players' game knowledge to the test! This game in general will be quite a bit more difficult than most mainline Pokémon games, without being overly punishing or unfair. I wanted the difficulty to be a breath of fresh air for veterans of the series.
Made with Pokémon Essentials v21.1

This demo will feature the first gym, the first Totem boss, along with a handful of the 120+ Fakemon I created for the full game! I updated the demo to v21.1 for compatibility with plugins that will allow me to add more depth to boss battles and further fine-tune the game's difficulty. If you find any game-breaking bugs, please report them immediately!

Story:

Several strange and exciting events are shaking up the status quo in the Vagon Region! A new Pokémon League has been established to replace the old, corrupt one, Z-Power, an energy thought only to exist in Alola, is spreading throughout the land, and a gang of misfit archaeologists known as Team Plunder is raiding Vagon's many ruins and tombs.

You are a 16-year old teenager starting your Pokémon journey throughout the Vagon Region. Your mother, Professor Sequoia, specializes in Pokémon psychology. Along with your best friend and your father, Robert, she sends you to explore the region and uncover the secrets of Mega Evolution and Z-Power!

Characters:

M4iU8dU.png

Quincy and Taylor: The main protagonists of this adventure! The opposite gender character will be your main rival! As your best friend for as long as you can remember, he/she is bursting with excitement to finally become a Pokémon Trainer long after the initial Trainer's starting age of 10. Unsure of what he/she wants out of his/her future, he/she decides to register for the Vagon Gym Challenge. His/her passion, conviction, and strong sense of justice make him/her an ideal comrade to have along for this journey!

KYua46M.png

Professor Sequoia: The resident Pokémon professor of the Vagon Region and an expert in Pokémon psychology. In her practice, she's helped many Trainers and their Pokémon resolve issues in their relationships and work together optimally as a team. Mega Evolution and Z-Power have been major influences on her studies as of late. As your mother, she's eager to give you your first Pokémon and set you loose to pursue your goals (and hopefully uncover some answers as to how Mega Evolution and Z-Power affect the minds of Pokémon.)

ZT9vjp5.png

Robert Sequoia: Your father and husband to Professor Sequoia. He is also a researcher for the Devon Corporation branch in Vagon. Underneath his macho exterior, he's a loving parent who has always been there for you throughout your childhood. As a child, he never got to go on a journey with Pokémon, so now he's determined to win the Vagon League Conference and make his childhood dream of becoming a Pokémon League Champion come true!

BJQohUN.png

Catalina: A 17-year-old employee of the Silph Co. branch in Vagon. Highly intelligent and relentlessly determined, she will stop at nothing to become the Vagon League Champion. Having been a loner all her life, she finds it much easier to connect emotionally with Pokémon than with humans. There are also rumors floating around about her past with one of the Elite Four...and her entanglement with a Team Plunder executive...

Choose your starter!

ibYKVp8.png
Xw9QySG.png
SHahPHs.png

The Vagon Region: A melting pot of diverse people, Pokémon and mysteries!

fKs1hxz.png

Features(in demo):
- 10+ Original Fakemon to discover
~ 1 hour of gameplay
-1 Totem Pokémon Boss and Gym Leader Battle

Features(goals for full game):
  • 120+ Original Fakemon and 200+ returning Pokémon
  • 20+ New Regional Variants of returning Pokémon​
  • Returning Pokémon from Generations 1-9​
  • New Mega Evolutions for Pokémon up through Gen 9​
  • Regional Mega Evolutions​
  • Call wild Pokémon to use HM moves, without having to teach them to your Pokémon​
  • 8 Gym Leader and Totem Boss Battles​
  • Postgame quest set in the Alola region​
  • Non-binary player character​
  • Fully fledged Battle Frontier​
  • Online trading and battling system(NOT GUARANTEED, NO PROMISES)​

Join the Discord for progress reports and updates!

rbUthDj.png

CHH4aUh.png

gktHdb1.png

l2oWgGK.png

Credits:

Deluxe Battle Kit, Enhanced Battle UI, Enhanced Pokémon UI, SOS Battles, Z-Power. Modular UI Scenes and Pokédex Data Page by Lucidious89

Auto Multi Save by http404error

Berry Pots for Essentials by Caruban

Generation 9 Pack by Caruban

Lin's EV/IV Summary Screen by LinKazamine and Lucidious89

Overworld Rock Climb EX by Ulithium_Dragon and DarrylBD99

Tileset Rearranger by Maruno
v21.1 Hotfixes by Maruno

FRLG Style Overworld Sprites by aveontrainer
www.deviantart.com/aveontrainer

Music:

Pokémon Main Theme (Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
Composed by: Junichi Masuda
Arranged by: Seiji Momoi

Green Grass Gradation(Mega Man ZX)
Composed by: Masaki Suzuki

12 P.M. (Animal Crossing: New Horizons)
Composed by: Yasuaki Iwata, Yumi Takahashi,
Shinobu Nagata, Sayako Doi, Masato Ohashi

Gallery(Mega Man X Legacy Collection)
Composed by: Yasumasa Kitagawa

I'll Face Myself(Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Arrangement)
Composed by: Shoji Meguro
Arranged by: Yusuke Yamauchi

Pokémon Center(Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver)

Like a Dream Come True(Persona 4)

Gate(Pokémon Black and White)

Windy Hill...for Windy Valley(Sonic Adventure)
Composed by: Jun Senoue

Mid-Boss(Halcandra)(Kirby's Return to Dream Land)
Composed by: Hirokazu Ando and Jun Ishikawa

Time to Make History(Persona 4 Golden)
Vocals by: Shihoko Hirata
Lyrics by: Benjamin Franklin

Your Affection(Persona 4)
Vocals by: Shihoko Hirata
Lyrics by: Reiko Tanaka

Gym Lobby(Pokémon Sword and Shield)
Arranged by: Minako Adachi

Hyrule Field Theme(Super Smash Bros. Brawl Arrangement)
Composed by: Koji Kondo

Reasoning(Persona 4)
composed by: Shoji Meguro

The Direction to the Heart of the Forest
(Mushihimesama Double Arrange Album)
Composed by: Manabu Namiki
Arranged by: Satoru Kousaki and Keigo Hoashi

A Totem Pokémon Appears!(Pokémon Sun and Moon)

Bowser's Highway Showdown(Super Mario 3D World)
Composed by: Mahito Yokota
Performed by: The Mario 3D World Big Band
(Tomori Kudo, Jun Hayakawa, Hitoshi Konno, Tamao Fujii,
Hideki Ishigaki, Hideki Onoue, Koji Nishimura,
Teppei Kawasaki, Masato Honma)

Job Clear(Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time, Darkness, and Sky)
Composed by: Arata Iiyoshi

Soleanna Forest(Sonic the Hedgehog(2006))
Composed by: Mariko Nanba

Gym(Pokémon Black and White)

Lift-off!(The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki III)
Composed by: Takahiro Unisuga

Chapter End(Sonic Battle)
Composed by: Tatsuyuki Maeda, Kenichi Tokoi, and Hideaki Kobayashi

Tilesets:

Ekat's Public Tiles by Ekat99 on DeviantArt

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Boushy<s>MiDas Mike
Brother1440<s>Near Fantastica
FL.<s>PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami<s>Popper
Golisopod User<s>Rataime
help-14<s>Savordez
IceGod64<s>SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock<s>the__end
KitsuneKouta<s>Venom12
Lisa Anthony<s>Wachunga
Luka S.J.<s>
and everyone else who helped out

"mkxp-z" by:
Roza
Based on MKXP by Ancurio et al.

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

If there is anyone whose resources I have used but not given credit for, please let me know! It is not my intention to use resources without giving credit!

If you would like to help, please send me a message on any of the following platforms!

Discord: electabuzzard
Eevee Expo: Electabuzzard
PokeCommunity: Electabuzzard

I have never attempted to make a fan game before, and this is definitely a huge project that would be made easier with some extra hands on deck! If you are willing to offer your talents, such as scripting, sprite art, concept art, tileset art, or anything else, I would appreciate it more than you know!
[/SPOILER]

Thank you so very much to those who decide to give my demo a try! Please consider taking my survey and giving feedback on how I can improve my project!

Last edited:

Maor80

Cooltrainer
Is raichu in the game ? If so as pokemon s mascot it should have 1 and the 3 starters I seen they are snake and platypus but what animel is the grass type? Also if there is a discord server could I get link to it?

Last edited:

Electabuzzard

Boost Power Enthusiast
Is raichu in the game ? If so as pokemon s mascot it should have 1 and the 3 starters I seen they are snake and platypus but what animel is the grass type? Also if there is a discord server could I get link to it?
I'm working on setting up a discord server for it
And yes, Raichu will be in the game! I'll consider giving it another regional variant perhaps!

Maor80

Cooltrainer
The game playable on mobile phones since I couldn't run it on pc?

Electabuzzard

Boost Power Enthusiast
The game playable on mobile phones since I couldn't run it on pc?
Unfortunately, I don't know of any way to run the game on mobile devices. :( But can you please explain or show why you couldn't run it on PC? I want to investigate this issue and see if I can fix it. Maybe provide screenshots? The game ran fine on the computers I playtested it on, as well as my friends' computers. Not trying to invalidate your issue, but I really would like to know more about the difficulties you've been having so I can try and solve them.

Maor80

Cooltrainer
I remember it's the graphic card there is window which piping out saying the graphic card of the pc can't run the game

catchneko

average goomy enjoyer
so based

I've played up until the forest area (I got lost 💀) and even with the occasional bugs and stuff in some places, it's definitely a solid game. I'm looking forward to playing the rest of the demo and hopefully the full version too.

Electabuzzard

Boost Power Enthusiast
so based

I've played up until the forest area (I got lost 💀) and even with the occasional bugs and stuff in some places, it's definitely a solid game. I'm looking forward to playing the rest of the demo and hopefully the full version too.
Thanks for playing! I'm glad you've enjoyed it so far!

Electabuzzard

Boost Power Enthusiast
Version 1.1 is out! The download links have been updated with the new version!

Changelog:
-New baby Pokémon added: Bobairn
-New evolutions
-Made Swellspire Forest a bit less cumbersome to navigate
-Several miscellaneous bugfixes and mapping error fixes

Not much is new for this version, yes, as I want to keep the demo limited to the first gym so not too much is spoiled. But rest assured I have a lot more planned for the full game! Please continue to let me know if there are any issues, and thank you to everyone who has played so far!

Electabuzzard

Boost Power Enthusiast
I have t
I remember it's the graphic card there is window which piping out saying the graphic card of the pc can't run the game
I have done some investigation into this, and I don't think the issue is on my end. Some old PCs just struggle to run Pokémon Essentials. I know this probably is not the answer you were hoping for, but I really have no way of solving this. :(

catchneko

average goomy enjoyer
improve the sprites little more
Yeah, some of the spritework is noticeably clunky-looking. I didn't wanna seem like a hypocritical jerk mentioning it since I don't like judging art quality, spriting does take some time to learn/master, and my spriting skills are far from perfect myself, but some of the custom trainers/mons are a bit messy/disproportionate to the point where it's a little jarring, and could probably be cleaned up a bit.

I still think it's a solid game, though.

Electabuzzard

Boost Power Enthusiast
Yeah, some of the spritework is noticeably clunky-looking. I didn't wanna seem like a hypocritical jerk mentioning it since I don't like judging art quality, spriting does take some time to learn/master, and my spriting skills are far from perfect myself, but some of the custom trainers/mons are a bit messy/disproportionate to the point where it's a little jarring, and could probably be cleaned up a bit.

I still think it's a solid game, though.
Yeah, I still have a lot to learn when it comes to spriting. I have taken note of several that need tweaking, such as Quincy/Taylor/Dad, Ravenash, and Warypus back sprite. I did my absolute best and I hope to have greatly improved sprites for the final release. I may even release another update with some sprite fixes.

(p.s. congrats on your game going live)

Electabuzzard

Boost Power Enthusiast
Version 1.2 is out!

No, I have not abandoned this project! I've been working hard over the past year, and I'm getting close to about halfway done! There's still a lot of work to be done, though. In the meantime, I've updated the demo with some new content and bugfixes!

Changelog:

New Fakemon added: Dargle! Get it up to level 20 to see what it evolves into!
Generation 9 Pokémon added: Lechonk and Shroodle lines! More to come in the full release!
Level curve adjustments, EXP gain from Trainer battles reduced by 25%, Trainer levels lowered by about 1 level on average. Number of Pokémon on some Trainers' teams reduced
Reduced lag
Fixed collision detection issues with several tiles
Pokémon sprite improvements
Several general bugfixes

Updated demos are live now! Enjoy!

Electabuzzard

Boost Power Enthusiast
Released a little update for Blazing Hope that fixed an error with an in-game trade. I do plan to have version-exclusive Pokémon in each version; as of now, Wooloo and Cottonee are exclusive to Blazing Hope, while Lechonk and Petilil are exclusive to Boundless Dream. I will be offering ways to get the other version's exclusive Pokémon in both games, so don't worry about not being able to complete the Pokédex! I do know version exclusive Pokémon are a bit of a controversial feature, so don't be afraid to let me know what you think of them.

Electabuzzard

Boost Power Enthusiast
Version 1.3 is out!

Yes, it has been a long, long time, and any hype for my game that was there is probably gone now, but I did just update to v21.1. I still want to keep the demo limited to the first gym, but I hope to have the full game completed by the end of 2025. Here are a few things that were added:

• New UI designs
  • Extremely detailed Pokedex data page (courtesy of Lucidious89)
  • Improved boss and Gym Leader AI thanks to the 21.1 update
  • SOS mechanics added to Totem bosses
  • Tweaked movesets
  • Smoother performance overall
  • Lots of bugfixes (though some bugs may still be present)
Again, huge thanks to anyone who plays this, and please feel free to leave your unfiltered, honest feedback on your gameplay experience.

Back