• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Brainstorming/balance questions

TooMuchWater

Novice
I’m still learning rpg maker but would people want to play a game that combines the gen 6 exp share with a level cap? Was thinking it would allow you to level up multiple teams and experiment with different strategies without sacrificing difficulty but do you see any potential issues/exploits?

Also how would you adapt gen 8+ mons to gen 7 gameplay mechanics? I liked dynamax at first but it brought us gyarados the runaway moxie sweeper

Astefia

Cooltrainer
I’m still learning rpg maker but would people want to play a game that combines the gen 6 exp share with a level cap? Was thinking it would allow you to level up multiple teams and experiment with different strategies without sacrificing difficulty but do you see any potential issues/exploits?

Also how would you adapt gen 8+ mons to gen 7 gameplay mechanics? I liked dynamax at first but it brought us gyarados the runaway moxie sweeper
I would - if there is a way to turn that EXP Share on and off. I just don't like when pokemon who weren'r in any battles are the same strength as the battlemons, from the RP perspective.

About adapting - just remove Dynamax, listen to the feedback about balance, and adjust accordingly.

Astralneko

Novice
I personally prefer the pre-gen 6 Exp. Share, but I don't mind the post-gen 6 Exp. Share. I'd recommend either including a level cap or using the gen 5 Exp. system, though possibly with a tweak so that it's based on the pokemon in question's level, because even in gen 7 (which uses gen 5's Exp. system) the Exp. Share's given Experience is based on the total Experience the battling Pokémon got.

Most of the gen 8 Pokémon are fine enough just removing Dynamax, though if you want to keep their G-Max moves you could make them regular moves with a fixed power based on which move it is.

Back