• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Generation 8 Pack for Essentials v20.1

Resource Generation 8 Pack for Essentials v20.1 v1.0.4

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
Golisopod User submitted a new resource:

Generation 8 Pack for Essentials v20 - Compendium of Generation 8 resources formatted for Essentials v20

f2jp-TJ74-Fq.gif
mlq0-MMBlga.gif

Generation 8 Pack for Essentials v20
Compendium of Generation 8 resources formatted for Essentials v20

Overview:
Essentials v20 brings PBS and scripts for mechanics all the way till Generation 8. Essentials is now in line with BDSP, in terms of game mechanics. However, these updates cannot...

Read more about this resource...

Titania318

Rookie
Hi, great job as always. I have a small question:
Pikachu Forms are missing from the V20 pokemon_forms PBS file and they are not included in this Gen 8 pack. I don't know if they should be added in here or in Maruno's base essentials. If the latter is correct, I can submit a pull_request for Maruno to add them if needed.

Edit1: Pikachu shiny followers sprites are misnumbered. They go from 3 to 15 as opposed to 2 to 14 like all the other Pikachu graphics.
Edit2: The Pikachu forms in the metrics PBS file are also misnumbered. Should be from 8 to 15 not from 9 to 16.

Last edited:

Titania318

Rookie
TRs are also missing from the base Essentials items PBS.

Edit: it follows BDSP's TM/HM List, so of course, TR's will not be defined.

Last edited:

Thunder

Novice
I'm getting crashing issues related to the EBDX Wrapper whenever I view a pokemon with this pack. I'm not using EBDX. I'm using the latest version of the v20 hotfixes.

Edit: Fixed. Try recompiling the PBS even if it compiled successfully the first time. It worked after the PBS was compiled the second time.

Last edited:
I'm getting crashing issues related to the EBDX Wrapper whenever I view a pokemon with this pack. I'm not using EBDX. I'm using the latest version of the v20 hotfixes.
The EBDX wrapper is specifically mentioned in the features section.
  • Added EBDX's Bitmap Wrapper to scale sprites in code with no hassle. This makes BW Styled sprites easy to use in Gen 4 styled games.
You should share the full error message, "crashing issues related to x script" doesn't give enough information to identify the problem.

Thunder

Novice
The EBDX wrapper is specifically mentioned in the features section.

You should share the full error message, "crashing issues related to x script" doesn't give enough information to identify the problem.
The reason why I mentioned it was the script mentioned that EBDX can be used as well as the plugin that includes the wrapper.

Ruby:
[2022-06-01 00:22:55 -0400]
[Pokémon Essentials version 20]
[v20 Hotfixes 1.0.2]

Exception: TypeError

Backtrace:
[Generation 8 Pack Scripts] EBDX Wrapper.rb:136:in `*'
[Generation 8 Pack Scripts] EBDX Wrapper.rb:136:in `refresh'
[Generation 8 Pack Scripts] EBDX Wrapper.rb:39:in `initialize'
[Generation 8 Pack Scripts] EBDX Wrapper Compatibility.rb:14:in `new'
[Generation 8 Pack Scripts] EBDX Wrapper Compatibility.rb:14:in `front_sprite_bitmap'
[Generation 8 Pack Scripts] EBDX Wrapper Compatibility.rb:38:in `sprite_bitmap_from_pokemon'
266:Pokemon_Sprites:51:in `setPokemonBitmap'
282:UI_Summary:128:in `pbStartScene'
282:UI_Summary:1339:in `pbStartScreen'
281:UI_Party:664:in `pbSummary'

Edit: For some reason, it finally worked for me after compiling the PBS again after I already did a full recompile including the PBS the first time. Strange. Problem solved.

Last edited:

tammyclaydon

Novice
PIKACHU_WORLD_CAP.png
PIKACHU_WORLD_CAP_SHINY.png
i made some walking pikachu with the world cap dont know if you would like to include it but its here if you do

Zeidra Senester

Rookie
Hi! I'm being curious, and cannot manage to find an explanation online. Why do Zacian and Zamazenta have three form sprites ? Where is the third form from ?
Thanks for your answer !

Asrielle

Rookie
Hi! I'm being curious, and cannot manage to find an explanation online. Why do Zacian and Zamazenta have three form sprites ? Where is the third form from ?
Thanks for your answer !
I think the third form should be from using Behemoth Sword/Behemoth Bash, at least that's what it looks like to me.

Pigbot3

Rookie
I am new to everything here, and this is just a question of me not knowing how plugins work, but if anyone is kind enough to answer it that would be lovely. I followed the instructions, to what I assumed was the letter, but no matter what I do, I can't get the plugin to load. I've tried deleting PluginScripts.rxdata several times now, to no avail.

copy-pasted from the console window:
* Checking plugins *

-> Compiling plugin scripts...done

No plugins found

I don't use Elite Battle DX. Also, when I unzipped the Gen 8 resource into the folder with game.exe, it did not ask me to replace any files. I use Windows 11, if that matters. If anyone could tell me what I'm doing wrong / how to fix it that would be greatly appreciated.

SalvadorWP

Rookie
Hey guys! I'm new here, and this is my first Pokémon RMVX (I don't speak english, so sorry for my bad grammar).
I follow the instructions to install this mod, everything is Ok, the compilation, etc. But, for some reason the pokemons are not appearing in the battle scene (print), can anyone help me?
PS: The moves are appearing in the top of the window.
imagem_2022-06-14_175125131.png

driffychris

Rookie
For those confused on how to use animated PNGs, grab this resource and put all animated png spritesheets found inside into a "Graphics/Battlers" folder in a fresh installation of v19. Then boot into debug mode, go to "Other Options..." then "Rename Outdated Files" or something similar. They will all be transported and renamed to a new "Graphics/Pokemon" folder respectively. Copy those over to your v20 installation into the matching directory, then adjust the settings script file for sprite scaling to your taste inside of this resource's plugin folder. Lastly, you will have to go back to the debug menu, go to "Information Editors", then "Auto-Position All Pokemon Sprites". Wait a while and after that with a good bit of luck you should have Gens 1-5 animated using this resource.

This took me an entire evening to figure out as I am a total dunce when it comes to figuring out how shit works and have only picked up Essentials as of this week, so hopefully this post will save any poor souls using v20 some more time.
Credit to Tenshi of War for creating/uploading the linked resource.

rainawareness

Rookie
After following all instructions to a T on Essentials v20.1, the game crashes before even checking for plug ins! What can I do? Should I try to find a 'just v20' version?

After following all instructions to a T on Essentials v20.1, the game crashes before even checking for plug ins! What can I do? Should I try to find a 'just v20' version?
The first thing you should do is share the error message instead of just saying “it crashes”. Your issue might not even be related to the Gen 8 project, but nobody can tell without seeing what the error message says.

rainawareness

Rookie
The first thing you should do is share the error message instead of just saying “it crashes”. Your issue might not even be related to the Gen 8 project, but nobody can tell without seeing what the error message says.
Thank you for replying. It does just crash, there's no error message to share. Here's what it looks like:

Thunder

Novice
Thank you very much! That did work. May I bother you with something else? Do you think or know if I should worry about this?

You don't really have to worry about it as it's just a warning. It's pretty much there to let you know that the plugin hasn't been tested to work with later versions and it could cause issues/crash.

rainawareness

Rookie
You don't really have to worry about it as it's just a warning. It's pretty much there to let you know that the plugin hasn't been tested to work with later versions and it could cause issues/crash.
Awesome, thank you for all of your help!

Back