• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

japanese name idea for fakemon help

pokemon games

Trainer
if anyone can help me come up with japanese names, please do let me know :D *if anyone knows/is knowledgeable with japanese, that is :< *

the first 2 kyou region starters first :3

grass starter
Japanese_Spitz_Puppy.jpg

kupup
kusa 'grass in japanese' and "Puppy."

Screenshot 2022-05-24 at 13-14-51 dogs in japan - Google Search.png

amaranpy
amaranth + puppy

Japanese-Chin-Red.jpg

holipooch grass/ground
holly + pooch

Screenshot 2022-05-23 at 15-59-31 Meet Hana - an adorable Japanese kitten with fluffy fur and ...png

beritte
Kitten + Ember

Screenshot 2022-05-23 at 18-48-31 cats in japan - Google Search.png

torpuss
pussycat + Torch

Screenshot 2022-05-23 at 16-58-13 This japanese Cat's Hilarious Love Affair With A Heater That...png

fygrr fire/dark
Tiger & Fire

Upvote 0

Yin

Queen of out-dated memes
And perhaps go along with it for the rest of the evolution line? Like Amaranth is Amaransu in Japanese so you could say Amayagi which is a mix with Japanese of goat which is Yagi since the plant on its head kinda makes it look like a goat

Yin

Queen of out-dated memes
And Yaragi for the final one? Ya from Yagi in goat and Ragi from the Japanese translation of Holly which is Hiragi.

Sure, I kinda followed the Charmender evolution line of having all too similar names for the last two but I think they fit!

pokemon games

Trainer
For the first one, perhaps Kuinu? Kusa as grass, like you used but mixed with the Japanese translition of puppy which is Koinu

hmm... i think i'll stick with kupup... cause they sometimes keep the english & japanese names the same
thanks though
And perhaps go along with it for the rest of the evolution line? Like Amaranth is Amaransu in Japanese so you could say Amayagi which is a mix with Japanese of goat which is Yagi since the plant on its head kinda makes it look like a goat
hmmm... maybe
And Yaragi for the final one? Ya from Yagi in goat and Ragi from the Japanese translation of Holly which is Hiragi.

Sure, I kinda followed the Charmender evolution line of having all too similar names for the last two but I think they fit!
hmmm... maybe...

Reactions: Yin
Back