• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Customizable Level Caps 1.2

AveryTubeHD

Game Developer, Workaholic
Hey there! I have a bit of a question. I'm using FL's Difficulty Modes plugin, so major Trainers have two teams, one stronger than the other. Is there a way to factor in both, or should I find a compromise? My idea at the moment is to have the Level Caps correspond to Hard Mode's Trainers.

MarkDS

Rookie
Sorry if this a dumb question, but I really don't know how to customize the level caps. I tried to do it via the scripts, but it's still set at 15.

MauriceMM

Rookie
Hmm so no matter what I do, but I can exceed the set level cap every time.

With rare candies it seems to work.
I have already created a new save file, deleted the old one etc. and even updated the level cap several times.

phantombass

Cooltrainer
Hmm so no matter what I do, but I can exceed the set level cap every time.

With rare candies it seems to work.
I have already created a new save file, deleted the old one etc. and even updated the level cap several
Show what your level caps are, and where you chose to have them update throughout the game events?

fncjinta

Novice
1700010937358.png
any solution?

daprofesa

Rookie
Hi, I have never done a kind of custom plugin and cant find out how to make it work, i unzipped the folder and put it into plugins and nothing changes. i am on v20 (not sure if it is v20 or v20.1 though). when i run it the only plug in it acknowledges is the v20 hotfixes.

LarkyLovesYou

Clown College Graduate
(v20.1) Is there any way to hide the little window that shows the level cap?

I want my level caps to depend on the player's chosen difficulty. I just have the first level cap value at 100 and then update it to the next cap once player selects hard mode. But now in Easy and Normal modes, it just visibly shows the cap at 100, which I would ideally not want.

Or if there's a script I can run to toggle the level caps entirely, that would be great too.

phantombass

Cooltrainer
(v20.1) Is there any way to hide the little window that shows the level cap?

I want my level caps to depend on the player's chosen difficulty. I just have the first level cap value at 100 and then update it to the next cap once player selects hard mode. But now in Easy and Normal modes, it just visibly shows the cap at 100, which I would ideally not want.

Or if there's a script I can run to toggle the level caps entirely, that would be great too.
There should be a method but I can create one when I update this

Heriks

Rookie
Thank you for this awesome resource.
However, I am wondering where the level cap should be displayed in the pause menu. I am currently using Voltesons Pause Menu (VOLTSEON_PAUSE_MENU_USED is set to true), however the level cap is not displayed. Is this intended?

phantombass

Cooltrainer
Thank you for this awesome resource.
However, I am wondering where the level cap should be displayed in the pause menu. I am currently using Voltesons Pause Menu (VOLTSEON_PAUSE_MENU_USED is set to true), however the level cap is not displayed. Is this intended?
This has been noted and is being worked on

Back