• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokemon Adventures: The FireRed and LeafGreen Saga

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Game Title: Pokemon Adventures: The FireRed and LeafGreen Saga
Game Screenshots:
wJLpnmJ.png
v4XbDRi.png
2z9iqtW.png
4n006Nd.png
ZQXDV2J.png
o0XT8E2.png
Game Download: MEGA
Made Using:

Pokemon Essentials
RMXP
Paint.Net
Asprite
Team:
Grapz
Notes:
Sadly unfinished and VERY much in Beta... More of a Proof of Concept than anything.

Resource Pack: MEGA (Mirror)
Credits:

Code:
Expand Collapse Copy
Head Game Development:

Grapz | Main Developer

Sprites:

GameFreak | Original sprites from B/W/2 games
	Pokecheck.org | Ripping the sprites from B2/W2 roms
	Luka S.J. | Indexing and formatting the sprites
	dragonnite | GIF to PNG conversion
	Tebited15 | B/W styled trainer Red sprite
	Spriters-Resource (redblueyellow) | Gen 5 ball sprites
	Spriters-Resource (Toastypk) | Mystery Dungeon Portrait
	Spriters-Resource (redblueyellow) | Deoxys and Mewtwo MD sprites
	Cronisis | Player Portrait Sprites
	KillerAslox | PMD Particles
	Cng | Pre-formatted HGSS Pokemon Overworld Sprites

Battle Backgrounds:

Eli | Ripping and compiling the backgrounds
	lilatraube | Some B2/W2 battle bases

Custom UI:

Luka S.J. | Design, formatting and implementation

Scripts:

KleinStudios | Shadow Script
	KleinStudios | Grass Fix Script
	Luka S.J. | Elite Battle System
	Maruno | General help and support
	dragonnite | GIF to PNG converter
	Pokémon Essentials (Maruno + Poccil + Flameguru +contibutors) | Base system

Sound Effects:

GameFreak | Original sound effects from B/W/2 games
	BadSamaritan | Ripping the sound effects

Other:

AceRidley406 | For move animation reference

Special Thanks:

Relic Castle Community | Support

• Fixed missing sprite
  • Changed window title to prevent crashes

Last edited:
Hey, I just wanted to give you a heads up about the game's title. It's still set to "Pokemon Essentials" so that means it's going to pull the save file for "Pokemon Essentials" from anyone who has that installed on the same computer.

Alright actual comment this time. I'm just gonna start with wow there's a lot of text to read before getting into this game. I've casually followed this manga series, but the summaries aren't easy to digest.

Something I like to keep in mind when writing is the number of nouns I'm making the reader keep track of. Pile on too many Important Things to Keep Track Of™ and the stress makes the reader stop caring.
yyn0mIa.png

In this screen, the red, blue, and purple boxes are different words for "the bad guys" and "The leader of the bad guys". In this case I think it could be shortened down to "Yellow defeats the bad guys", because unless the green place is going to be part of the game, it's not really important that I remember it. In the bigger picture though, I'd cut out all of the sagas that aren't immediately relevant; maybe bring back an item like the Fame Checker if you really want to include all the backstory?

I did 100% this game. What an adorable Riolu.
I love all the emotes, they're very clean looking and is the sound different too? It's just nice. I also love love love that you can grab your bike from the side of the house, that's great. It may not be a long game, but it's clear the events were placed with care.

Except this one:
lqV61OF.png

Which displays text, moves the camera and moves the player character when touched. There was also some stuff on the poster in the player's room that looks like it's left over from Essentials.

Played it tonight off stream and yeah, that summary is... a lot haha. Although short, I dig it. I never read past the GSC arc of Pokespe but I'd love to see more game adaptations of it. I don't think there's been any particularly well polished ones, but this one felt like there was a bit more care in it.

Here's to hoping you continue it one day!

Back