• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokémon Ether AlphaV3.0

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Demo
Project Version
Pokémon Ether (Made using Pokemon Essentials V19.1)

DESCRIPTION:
You start your journey with 3 childhood friends ready to start your Pokemon Adventure, pick from 1 of 4 dual type dragon type starters and begin a quest throughout the Shilla Region to become the World Pokemon Champion, a challenging Gym Leader, educated Pokemon Professor, or many other paths in the Pokemon World that you can exceed in!
Every decision you make in this game affects the storyline and ending, so have fun making your own unique Pokemon Experience!

🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁

Pokemon Ether Alpha V3.0 GOOGLE DRIVE <------ Link to download the game
Pokemon Ether Alpha V3.0 MEDIA FIRE <------ Link to download the game

🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁

ABOUT THE GAME:
An original Pokemon game that I'm making by myself using Pokemon Essentials V19.1. This is the first game or version of a game that I'm releasing for public access, please give me feedback, I work on this project daily and will gladly implement changes that players feel need to be made. The art style is the default art for now until I release the Beta of this game. Pokemon Ether Alpha V3.0 ends after defeating the 3rd Gym Leader, I will release the next Alpha after the 6th Gym is complete. There should be no bugs in this version, dialogue needs tweaking, I need to add more npc's and maps need more creativity.

Game Features:
Gen 1-5 Pokemon
4 Dual Type Dragon Pokemon Starters
3 Rivals
2 New regions, 16 Gyms in total (Alpha V3.0 has up to 3 Gyms)
Team Zodiac
Can choose a path and contribute to the world in game by becoming a Gym Leader, Pokemon Professor, Pokemon Breeder, Pokemon Ranger, Criminal, and more

🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁

SCREENSHOTS:
Screenshot 2022-04-07 101540.pngScreenshot 2022-04-07 101144.png
Screenshot 2022-04-07 102751.pngScreenshot 2022-04-07 102943.pngScreenshot 2022-04-07 103254.pngScreenshot 2022-04-07 103416.png

( P.S. I'm very new to this community and creating games in general, Please give the game a try and give me some constructive criticism on anything, Thank you for your time. )
"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Marin
Boushy
MiDas Mike
Brother1440
Near Fantastica
FL.
PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami
Popper
Golisopod User
Rataime
help-14
Savordez
IceGod64
SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock
the__end
KitsuneKouta
Venom12
Lisa Anthony
Wachunga
Luka S.J.
and everyone else who helped out

Credits to Youtuber Thundaga whose videos taught me how to use Pokemon Essentials.

Special thanks to:
Kyogesh
Macky
Hunter

"mkxp-z" by:
Roza
Based on MKXP by Ancurio et al.

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

This is a non-profit fan-made game.
No copyright infringements intended.
Please support the official games!

Last edited:

ShinyMagickarp

Rookie
Game is nice but the names are not showing
Does this happen every time you start the game? I haven’t heard or run into this problem before, maybe an issue with when I compiled the files. (Thank you btw for giving it a try)

The idea of branching path goals sounds awesome, looking forward to the full game!
Thank you, any other paths/jobs you think i should add?

Kyogesh

Trainer
Does this happen every time you start the game? I haven’t heard or run into this problem before, maybe an issue with when I compiled the files. (Thank you btw for giving it a try)
Yup it happens and another bug. I can't get rid of the rival after the scenario.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-09 202652.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-09 202652.png
    100.5 KB · Views: 175

ShinyMagickarp

Rookie
Yup it happens and another bug. I can't get rid of the rival after the scenario.
scriptexample1.png

strange, i call for the partner to be unregistered after the scenario, does this look wrong? I'm going to replay my game again right now and see if these problems are consistent.

scriptexample1.png

strange, i call for the partner to be unregistered after the scenario, does this look wrong? I'm going to replay my game again right now and see if these problems are consistent.
OK the issue with that was I forgot to set a switch that disallows the Player to add your rival to your party again when leaving the area, i either need to make the scenario completely auto-run or make a switch that can fix the issue, THANK YOU SO MUCH for pointing that out would've never noticed that. Still can't find out about the names not showing though.

ShinyMagickarp

Rookie
Game is nice but the names are not showing
THIS BUG HAS BEEN FIXED AS WELL AS THE DOUBLE RIVAL SCENARIO BUG, ALL LINKS HAVE BEEN UPDATED ACCORDINGLY😁
atleast it should be, lol let me know!

A psychic\medium maybe? Or a humble farmer?
interesting suggestions, medium path will for sure be something I'll look into creating

Last edited:

Magic

Novice
Bro, why is running and using bike have the same speed ingame🤣🤣

FreeWisher

Rookie
Stuck in the third gym. I finally found the right switch to walk on, and when I get to the next part of the gym my character is stuck and can't move anywhere. I have closed the game and gone back in to find the same problem.

pokmontrainerdrake

Novice
what about a teacher a champion, mentor, businessman, and also being an officer you get a pokemon per path you get a dog pokemon for the officer path like growlithe or houndour being able to buy properties people will treat you differently depending on what you become and you shouldnt be bound to one path but you should make it so some paths lock out other paths like if your a criminal you cant be an ranger or officer also romance could be a good feature for this game

Last edited:
Back