• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Recommendations For Non-English Fan games

floodryan123

Trainer
Hello, I was wondering if any of you have any knowledge about fan games outside of the English-centered world. Personally I only speak English, but I think these games deserve some attention, as I’m sure there have been teams from different countries working on games that don’t get the light of day due to the language barrier. If there’s anything great you’ve come across, I’d love to check it out! Thanks!

Orion☆

Rookie
Hi, native Spanish speaker here! Try these:
-Pokémon Xenoverse, by Weedle Team - hosted over at the Completed Projects sub-forum. Originally in Italian, now translated into English. Easily one of the best long-form fangames I have ever played; if you are looking for one that sticks to a traditional Pokémon experience, this one is for you.
-Pokémon Argentina, by Sky and Geo. Argentinian Spanish. A Pokémon game set in a region based on Argentina (my home country!!). It's part serious Pokémon experience, part meme game; I recommend it mostly for the latter because there's a lot of Argentinismos you've /got/ to see for yourself.
-Pokémon Panda, by Jaizu. Spanish only. Blasted hilarious meme game featuring a Detective Pikachu!
-Psyduck Hunt, by Kyu, Kid, Clara and Caeles. Spanish only, but again, easy to read. A Duck Hunt clone featuring Psyduck and some friends. One of my favourite short-form fangames - we need more arcade-style games!
-Wooper Collector, by Jesswishes. Spanish only, but has minimal text anyway. Still in beta and thus has a lot of room for improvement, but it looks pretty promising!

PokeAJ

Traductor de Pokémon Gaia en Español
Hello! I'm PokeAJ! I translate Pokémon fangames into Spanish!
From my experience, there are many games in the Hispanic community that are very good and that even receive requests to be translated into English. Well, this is my personal list:
Pokémon PRO
Pokémon La Joya de Arceus
Pokémon El Eslabón Perdido
Pokémon Armonía
Pokémon Reloaded (this one has already an English version although)
Pokémon Atlas
Pokémon Realidea
Pokémon Génesis
I prefer you look for these ones on your own, all of them have twitter accounts. So that's it. I hope you consider at least one.

Lect

Rookie
Pokemon Ópalo is interesting. Also, for more titles in Spanish you can visit whackahack.com

Reactions: Aki
Back