• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokemon Evolve Eevee

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version
P2s9Rn9.png

Intro
You are an Eevee. You used to belong to a trainer but at some point, during your journey, he decides to abandon you because you are too weak and that you are not worth taking care of. You are found by a daycare employee and are taken back to the daycare. You stay in the daycare for many years. You start to miss your days when you were battling and so you decide that you are going to leave the daycare. However, you don't just want to battle, you still wish you could somehow prove that Eevees are not useless Pokemon and so, you decide to go on a journey. A journey to defeat all of the eeveelutions. You think that doing that will make you get a trainer, a better trainer, and one that won't abandon you. You will train with them and battle with them. When you try to leave the daycare you are stopped by someone, I just wonder who...

Game Screenshots
ArGc7U4.png
YtHK2NN.png
VsjOmZo.png
CsoqSpk.png
S9GazNQ.png
vfqcRHs.png

Game Download
V 3.2.1

Discord

Made Using
RPG Maker XP & Pokemon Essentials V16.2

Team
Only me :)

Notes
This game was inspired by games such as Steve the Bibarel and MewYou. Those games were awesome to play and I would 100% recommend them. When I was playtesting the game I made it through the game without finding any game-breaking bugs. Although with only me playtesting I was guaranteed to miss some bugs (hopefully nothing major) so if anyone finds any bugs please tell me and I will do my best to fix them.

Resources
https://eeveeexpo.com/resources/107/

Credits
Sprites & Tiles
Nintendo/Gamefreak
Zeo
Dragoon
Magic-Scarf
The-Red-eX (most of the tiles came from them)
TheGreatBlaid

Scripts
Maruno (The game wouldn't be possible without the Essentials kit by Maruno)
Poccil
Luka SJ
mej71
Kleinstudio
Poccil
If anything is missing, please contact me immediately and I will fix it.
----------------
Custom OW swapping script
BluePlays
Vendily
ThePurpliest
Marin
---------------
Elite Battle System
Sprites:
GameFreak | Original sprites from B/W/2 games
Pokecheck.org | Ripping the sprites from B2/W2 ROMs
Luka S.J. | Indexing and formatting the sprites
dragonnite | GIF to PNG conversion
Tebited15 | B/W styled trainer Red sprite
Spriters-Resource (redblueyellow) | Gen 5 ball sprites

Battle Backgrounds:
Eli | Ripping and compiling the backgrounds
lilatraube | Some B2/W2 battle bases

Custom UI:
Luka S.J. | Design, formatting, and implementation

Scripts:
Luka S.J. | Elite Battle System
Maruno | General help and support
dragonnite | GIF to PNG converter
Pokémon Essentials | Base system

Sound Effects:
• GameFreak | Original sound effects from B/W/2 games
• BadSamaritan | Ripping the sound effects

Changelog

Future Update Plans

Adding more NPCs with more dialogue and more items and TMs for you to obtain.
Adding more trainers and possibly trainer rematches to further help you level up for post-game challenges!

Changelog

V 3.2.1
  • Fixed numerous spelling/grammar errors
  • Fixed tiling errors.
  • Fixed items being obtained multiple times, and reshuffled some items around.
  • Moved the Rocky Stone obtain location from Central City into Concrete Forest.
  • General bug fixes.

V 3.2
  • Added a post-game adventure, to track down some mysterious feathers and battle some powerful legendaries in a new area up north.
  • Added and modified encounters for old and new locations.
  • Fixed even more bugs, mainly some item bugs where you could infinitely gain certain items.
  • Also fixed some post-game events that weren't working properly.

V 3.1
  • Added more post-game stuff, explore some extra areas and battle rare legendaries!
  • Updated some graphics and fixed some small graphical and tile errors.
  • Fixed more bugs, some previous post-game areas were unobtainable.
  • Fixed music bug, bg music wouldn't play when you entered any area.
  • Slightly modified trainers and added more items to collect.

V 3.0 FULL Release!
  • Expanded the game, improved the levels, and balanced all the trainers, wild pokemon, and Eeveelution battles.
  • Changed the UI to make the game feel fresh and clean.
  • Fixed many bugs, including the Jolteon cave one. Preventing you to progress through the game.
  • More Post-game, definitely continue the game.

V 2.0
  • Added a way to expand your party!
  • Change some UI things to give the game a cleaner and a unique feel
  • Added level scaling to make the game less grinding heavy.
  • Balanced some trainers, such as Cool Trainer Terry. His exploding Pineco was not easy to beat.
  • Added a couple of new locations to explore post-game
Some extra stuff you might want to know.
- Jumpluff, talk to him more than once, way more than once.

V1.0
- Initial Release.

• Vaporeon is level 16
  • Jolteon is level 21
  • Flareon is level 26
  • In the final battle in Evolution Man's house, he uses two lvl 30s.

-The supposed rock smash rocks can be broken open during post-game. After you break them go to Mountain Pass.
  • After the battle in Mountain Pass, go to Secret Tunnel.
  • The game is technically over when you defeat the Evolution Man. There are some post-game things you can do though as stated above.
- There is nothing left to do after you beat the three legendary dogs of Johto. I mean you can explore if you want, but there aren't any new places.
- As of V3.1 There are more areas after post-game, I would recommend after beating the Evolution Man in Volution town, that you go explore, break the three "rock smash rocks" and then explore more of what there is. There aren't many really hidden places, if you look around a bit you should find it all.

Last edited:

SmokedPaprika

Stinky Person
Ditto on that - I actually like the concept of this game quite a bit, and I'm looking forward to actually playing it. Great job on completing the jam!

Reactions: Ned

kirlial

Novice
First off, congrats for completing the game jam! Your game's premise sounds fun. I went ahead and downloaded and I'll give you my thoughts so far.

Firstly, the game looks brilliant, the graphics are all lovely and it's definitely a nice world map to explore. The battle's have been okay so far, had a little trouble with jolteon but beat it once I'd levelled up to 15. Some of the trainers were a bit hard too, but manageable. Given that I can only use one Pokémon, it kind of limits my strategic options in a fight so it'd be nice to have a few more items and moves around, (though toxic and a life orb was really nice).

The premise is fairly simple but it works so far. The dialogue isn't the best written, there's occasionally spelling and grammar errors but mostly it's that it's you talking to yourself and the dialogue itself can feel a little rushed and compressed. More information written on signs or by talking to others might help though I'm sure some of the talking to yourself is unavoidable. Still for instance, at the daycare at the beginning, there could have been another Pokémon there besides eevee to explain the rules and other Pokémon on the way that could tell you useful things.

I came across a bug in origin cave as well, if you exit the cave to obtain the torment TM, reentering will cause you to get stuck.
yqTOov9.png
Anyway, enjoying the game so far, it's pretty good!

Ned

[Enter Custom Title Here]
First off, congrats for completing the game jam! Your game's premise sounds fun. I went ahead and downloaded and I'll give you my thoughts so far.

Firstly, the game looks brilliant, the graphics are all lovely and it's definitely a nice world map to explore. The battle's have been okay so far, had a little trouble with jolteon but beat it once I'd levelled up to 15. Some of the trainers were a bit hard too, but manageable. Given that I can only use one Pokémon, it kind of limits my strategic options in a fight so it'd be nice to have a few more items and moves around, (though toxic and a life orb was really nice).

The premise is fairly simple but it works so far. The dialogue isn't the best written, there's occasionally spelling and grammar errors but mostly it's that it's you talking to yourself and the dialogue itself can feel a little rushed and compressed. More information written on signs or by talking to others might help though I'm sure some of the talking to yourself is unavoidable. Still for instance, at the daycare at the beginning, there could have been another Pokémon there besides eevee to explain the rules and other Pokémon on the way that could tell you useful things.

I came across a bug in origin cave as well, if you exit the cave to obtain the torment TM, reentering will cause you to get stuck.
yqTOov9.png

Anyway, enjoying the game so far, it's pretty good!

Okay to start I just want to say thanks for downloading and playing my game, I didn't think anyone was actually going to play it. Secondly, the battles weren't meant to be easy, I made them a bit difficult which is why you could obtain things like toxic and the life orb. I did want you to have to train up a bit but I didn't want it to be grindy. Thirdly, I know the dialogue was badly written in some places, writing dialogue and things like that isn't my strong point and I seem to be really bad at catching my own errors so apologies for that. Also when you managed to get stuck was there a way that you could get unstuck, could you just walk off? Anyway hope you have fun with the rest of game, I'm glad your enjoying it.

kirlial

Novice

Okay to start I just want to say thanks for downloading and playing my game, I didn't think anyone was actually going to play it. Secondly, the battles weren't meant to be easy, I made them a bit difficult which is why you could obtain things like toxic and the life orb. I did want you to have to train up a bit but I didn't want it to be grindy. Thirdly, I know the dialogue was badly written in some places, writing dialogue and things like that isn't my strong point and I seem to be really bad at catching my own errors so apologies for that. Also when you managed to get stuck was there a way that you could get unstuck, could you just walk off? Anyway hope you have fun with the rest of game, I'm glad your enjoying it.

Cheers! That's fine, I just wanted to share my experience playing this. I don't mind if a game's a little challenging at all. The only thing I would point out is that when there's a difficult battle in this, it's not so much that it's impossible to overcome, more that there isn't a huge amount of options in how to tackle it, which is unusual for Pokémon. Still, it isn't a huge problem.

And, when I got stuck there, it was impossible to move so I had to turn off the game. I'll make sure to mention if there's any other game-breaking bugs, but it's otherwise been very smooth, so far. (I'm still in origin cave, for the record.)

(Edit: Actually, can you weaken cooltrainer Terry slightly? 3 Pokémon, including a pineco that knows self-destruct when I have just eevee is really tough.)

Last edited:

Ned

Yeah sure, I will do a small update to the game fairly soon and I will for sure weaken him a bit. When making him I guess I forgot that pineco learned self destruct, whoops.

Eev33

Rookie
Ok downloading this NOW.. I LOVE EEVEE playing as one is going to be a lot of fun.. from the reviews it seems awesome. :D If you want help on dialogue I'll be more than happy to help you I'm an amateur writer so I can help you with spelling errors and such if still needed :D

OrreMIDI

AKA Fakemon123
I know this has already been mentioned, but I thought I would ask if there was any way I could get out of being trapped in Origin Cave. I accidentally saved while stuck because I was going to stop playing for the day before I realized I was stuck, and then I tried moving and noticed I couldn't move. It was really discouraging to know that all my work had been for nothing, and so I decided to put this game aside and maybe pick it up some other time. I really enjoyed the plot, and actually really enjoyed the level curve you had going, as it allowed me to rely on strategies I wouldn't have tried before. (AKA Toxic spam lmao) I also love how you hid Oran Berries in most of the boulders! my only complaint is the bug and the fact that the text has frequent errors in grammar/spelling and formatting. Other than that this was a really fun game, until I was stuck for good haha. Do you know if there is any way I could give you my saved file and you could debug me out of the wall? Because I really want to finish this game, but if I have to go through it all again then I probably won't get back to it. Thanks in advance, and great game!

Ned

I know this has already been mentioned, but I thought I would ask if there was any way I could get out of being trapped in Origin Cave. I accidentally saved while stuck because I was going to stop playing for the day before I realized I was stuck, and then I tried moving and noticed I couldn't move. It was really discouraging to know that all my work had been for nothing, and so I decided to put this game aside and maybe pick it up some other time. I really enjoyed the plot, and actually really enjoyed the level curve you had going, as it allowed me to rely on strategies I wouldn't have tried before. (AKA Toxic spam lmao) I also love how you hid Oran Berries in most of the boulders! my only complaint is the bug and the fact that the text has frequent errors in grammar/spelling and formatting. Other than that this was a really fun game, until I was stuck for good haha. Do you know if there is any way I could give you my saved file and you could debug me out of the wall? Because I really want to finish this game, but if I have to go through it all again then I probably won't get back to it. Thanks in advance, and great game!

If you want to send me your save file so I can get you unstuck then go ahead, just pm it to me and I will fix it. I am working on an update to the game, I will be fixing all the bugs that I know of and all of the grammar/spelling mistakes I know of. I am also working on a way for you to add other Pokémon to your team. Level scaling is also going to be implemented so you don't have to do as much grindy work. If you want to you can turn it of if you want. The new version will be coming fairly soon so if anyone hasn't played the game yet but they want to I would suggest you wait.

OrreMIDI

AKA Fakemon123

If you want to send me your save file so I can get you unstuck then go ahead, just pm it to me and I will fix it. I am working on an update to the game, I will be fixing all the bugs that I know of and all of the grammar/spelling mistakes I know of. I am also working on a way for you to add other Pokémon to your team. Level scaling is also going to be implemented so you don't have to do as much grindy work. If you want to you can turn it of if you want. The new version will be coming fairly soon so if anyone hasn't played the game yet but they want to I would suggest you wait.
Alright I'll PM you my save file, thank you! And I actually really like the level scaling you have right now but the new one might be even better!

Ned

New Update!

I have updated the game to a new beta. This version has not been beta tested so it will contain lots of bugs. Please report any bugs you find and I will hopefully fix them for a stable update.

V 2.0
- Added a way to expand your party!
-Change some UI things to give the game a cleaner and more unique feel
-Added level scaling to make the game less grinding heavy.
-Balanced some trainers, such as Cool Trainer Terry. His exploding pineco was not easy to beat.
-Added a couple new locations to explore post-game

Some extra stuff you might want to know.
-Jumpluff, talk to him more than once, way more than once.

V1.0
-Initial Release.

TheGamingPaladin

TheGamingPaladin - Youtuber, Foodie, Gamer 4 Life
this is one of ten entries that i downloaded the other day, they are the ones that caught my interest the most, playing as an Eevee definitely sounds interesting, will let you know what i think when i finish this.

icer

Rookie
New Update!

I have updated the game to a new beta. This version has not been beta tested so it will contain lots of bugs. Please report any bugs you find and I will hopefully fix them for a stable update.
I found a bug.
After you defeat Jolteon, an opening in the cliff is supposed to happen. Well, I beat Jolteon and there was the dialogue about the hole opening in the rock. But it didn't open. I know from watching a playthrough on Youtube there is supposed to be a hole that opens up to the right. But the rock stays the same and I can't walk through it either. It seems like I can't progress further in the game?

Greninja Gaming

Rookie
Its Not Avaible For Download Did You Take This Off?
Please Tell Me So I Can Do A YouTube Video On It
My YT Account Same As My Profile

Ned

I am currently updated, fixing and playtesting the game. Should be ready soon! I will do my best to fix it to a full release so that future updates are just small fixes here and there.

Back