• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokémon: A Passage Through Memories

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
ur6Ck0X.png

Intro:
Have you ever looked back on your life and thought of all the good times you've had? Have you ever wished that you go just go back to the days of your youth where life seemed simple and fun? Well I don't think you're the only one, and that is the idea that this game is based around. The main character of this story chooses to spend the final moments of his life looking back on his life, wondering where his life really started to get going. He finds himself back in school with his classmate, Ted, asking him to help him find his lost Lillipup. What starts out as a simple missing Pokemon case develops into something more and the main character finds themselves in a tricky situation...

Wi6tMJK.png
rTA238m.png
OQqCSF0.png
DIxGgcG.png
2VvlcJV.png
OPG7cKL.png
yfPLa9i.png

Download:
https://mega.nz/#!J5hV0CaZ!RxB4qQgmn_O7vFh8QsByX2r8jcMy9ADrC8gRPs0S4Rk

Made Using:
RPG Maker XP and Pokémon Essentials

Team:
Just me :)

Notes:
Thank you so much, even if you don't play it, just the fact that you are looking at this thread means a lot to me! This is my first published Pokemon Fan game, so it isn't to good. And to be honest, it is probably the worst of all the Relic Castle Game Jam games, but that's just my opinion :p. But if you haven't you should really give some of the other games made for this jam a try, they seem pretty cool.
As I said, this is my first project that I've published, so some bugs may have run past me unnoticed, so if you find any please leave a comment in this thread. Also, if you play the game please just leave a comment in this thread, tell me what you thought of it, good and bad. I plan on making another project later so I need to learn all from this that I can. But yeah, I think that is all I have to say, this was made for the Relic Castle Game Jam, enjoy you're day!

Version 1.1:
-Made running shoes available
-Added some much need background music
-Fixed some typos

Making the game:
-Tomix9tomix

Pokemon Essentials Kit:
-Poccil
-Flameguru
-Maruno

Pokemon Follower Script:
-mej71

GenI-V Overworlds:
-Neo-Spriteman
-MissingLukey
-help-14
-Kymoyonian
-cSc-A7X
-2and2makes5
-Pokegirl4ever
-Fernandojl
-Silver-Skies
-TyranitarDark
-Getsuei-H
-Kid1513
-Milomilotic11
-Kyt666
-kdiamo11
-Chocosrawlooid
-Syledude
-Gallanty
-Gizamimi-Pichu
-Zyon17

Last edited:

Mr. Gela

Discord: theo#7722
Hey, what's that last screenshot? I like it! Given the title of the game, I'm guessing that screenshot is about remembering events that took place during the game? That's awesome! I had a similar scene in mind for a game sometime ago, but you outdid me! May I suggest that in this last screenshot, you make the cliffs/mountains not have shadows? Other than that, wahee! Congratulations on your first published game! Don't let it be your last!

TypicalJalapeno

Novice
I've started playing it and it seems pretty good so far.

EDIT: Finished it, it was amazing :) Keep up this. Looking forward for more entries from you in upcoming game jams.

Last edited:

Presley

Fastest Man Alive
I just started playing this and I like it so far. The only little critiques I would have is that you're missing things like periods here and there. Additionally, I feel as if the game is quite empty because of the lack of music. Otherwise, fantastic job, especially since this is your first game!

Hey, what's that last screenshot? I like it! Given the title of the game, I'm guessing that screenshot is about remembering events that took place during the game? That's awesome! I had a similar scene in mind for a game sometime ago, but you outdid me! May I suggest that in this last screenshot, you make the cliffs/mountains not have shadows? Other than that, wahee! Congratulations on your first published game! Don't let it be your last!

Thank you! I'm quite happy with how I managed to represent it, although it's a bit different from what you think it is, but maybe you'll just have to play the game to find out ;)
Yeah, the shadows of the mountains are a bit off putting, if/when I update the game I'll make sure to change that, thank you for pointing that out!

I've started playing it and it seems pretty good so far.

EDIT: Finished it, it was amazing :) Keep up this. Looking forward for more entries from you in upcoming game jams.
Thanks so much! It means a lot to hear people enjoy it!
Is that a Home reference I spot in the screenshots?

Just for that, Tomix, I'm playing your game first. I was going to completely randomize the order, but I'll gladly make an exception for you~

Haha, don't get your hopes too high. Yeah it was a little sneaky reference, happy to see you liked it.

I just started playing this and I like it so far. The only little critiques I would have is that you're missing things like periods here and there. Additionally, I feel as if the game is quite empty because of the lack of music. Otherwise, fantastic job, especially since this is your first game!

I only realised the music thing quite late into the jam, so I kinda shot myself in the leg with that one, but I guess it is just another lesson to learn to for the future. Also I think I didn't do a perfect job with the mapping in the school, the hallways stretch a bit long and the classrooms could be a bit more dense, so that it probably why it feels a bit empty on top of the music

Thank you everyone for the warm reception of this game, it means a lot to me :)

I just finished playing! This game is really cool Tomix, the story took a surprisingly dark turn really quickly, and the stuff leading up to it was the most fun and interesting time I've had playing a pokemon game before getting my first party member.

The way the memories were represented was really cool too, I'd love to see an expansion of this game where you get tofill in more of the pieces.

Played it on stream today! It was a rad first game and felt like something that could fit in with @Aki's game Bonfire Stories. The suspense was cool, and it left me wanting more.

I have a few critiques though:
  • Not having running shoes from the get go made it feel a little slow.
  • Some of the objectives (finding items) were a bit too well hidden away.
  • There was a handful of spelling and grammatical errors that felt inconsistent.
  • The ending turned a little dark at the drop of a hat which felt jarring.
Those aside, I really can't wait to see what else you end up doing with the project!

Back