• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokemon Moonlit Skies (Alpha 1 Download Available)

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Since 2014, I've been working on a pokemon game that I wanted to be not like any other.

With inspirations from the franchise itself, to Persona, to even Xenoblade Chronicles, comes a project
I've called...
Pokemon Moonlit Skies.
pokemon_moonlit_skies_logo_by_kychutronic-d9tzknc.png

Story/Screenshots

a828ee5b031bcf123e57408837f4a6da-dbj2qgc.png
where_is_she_relic_castle_by_kychutronic-dbj2r6k.png
poke_center_relic_castle_by_kychutronic-dbj3pbv.png
twigfield_forest_relic_castle_by_kychutronic-dbj3px8.png
statue_1_relic_castle_by_kychutronic-dbj4ed3.png
forest_fire_1_relic_castle_by_kychutronic-dbj3qlz.png

You are a 17 year old boy named Dylan Nocturn, a resident of Twigfield Town, who is about to go on an expedition into the town's forest with your twin sister Tracy, who ends up going on ahead without you after you took so long to pack. You end up finding her later near the forest entrance as she scares you half to death.
On your expedition, you try to find a legendary and it's shrine that you heard from rumors throughout the town. You don't make it very far though after a fire engulfs the forest. Before something happens to you, you are saved by a mysterious man with his absol named Anderson.
As all of you try to get out, something happens to tracy, and she tells you to leave without her. You refuse, but Anderson takes you by force.
You eventually get out and wonder how it happened.

Some time later, you, along with Anderson try to find out how this happened, to see whether this was an accident or intentional act. When going to the next town, there are some questionable people giving a speech. They go on about how there is something going on with the region, and how they plan to stop it, but you think something's off.

Features
(In Alpha 1)

A prologue

Different characters

A darker and more story driven take on the pokemon formula

Custom Music

Animated pokemon battle sprites

Future Features To Be Added

Cutscene skip option

Character portraits

More characters

Voice acting

More fluid character animations

Gen 6 pokemon

Better UI / GUI (User Interface) (Graphical User Interface)

Side quests

Different endings

Intro before title screen

Different effects

And more...

Known Issues

Tends to lag in certain areas

Certain dialogue doesn't sound right (I wasn't as good with writing scripts as I am now)

Some maps need to be cleaned up or be altered

Download
Alpha 1
Date of release: 09/09/16

Link
If first link doesn't work

Credits

RPG Maker XP by Enterbrain
Pokemon Essentials by Maruno

Graphics:

GameFreak/Nintendo

GeoisEvil

MagiScarf

Zeo

Dragonnite

Aki

Myself

Music:

Myself

Scripts:

Original scripters of pokemon essentials

Luka-SJ

Poccil

Flameguru

Last edited:

DarkAngel 86

Rookie
This game is totally amazing. I can't wait for a full beta to be playable.
Don't give up as your game is one of the best fan games and definitely as the potential to be the very best. The graphics on the alfa are outstanding mind blowing
I love it

darkmaster006

Rookie
This looks pretty rad. Especially like the tiles you used for the insides of the PC. Keep it up! Also, voice acting? That sounds pretty cool!

Sonchu

Novice
This game is totally amazing. I can't wait for a full beta to be playable.
Don't give up as your game is one of the best fan games and definitely as the potential to be the very best. The graphics on the alfa are outstanding mind blowing
I love it
Thank you for enjoying what you see in my game. It's currently on hiatus, but when I start again, it'll be good.

Back