• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokémon Bidoof Version

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version
logo.png

Game Title: Pokémon Bidoof Version

In Pokémon Bidoof Version, you, the player, can take on the role of the most wonderful Pokémon ever created: Bidoof. You have finally reached the age in which you must undergo three trials in order to be able to gain the ability to evolve and join the Bidoof community.
Pokemon Bidoof Version 2_21_2022 1_25_37 AM.png

During your journey, you travel through wondrous new places such as Doofville, HumanDangerZone, Doof Relictopia, and Mount Doof, before your journey comes to an end at Starlyng City.

Game Screenshots:
Pokemon Bidoof Version 2_21_2022 1_28_39 AM.png
Pokemon Bidoof Version 2_21_2022 1_38_48 AM.png

Pokemon Bidoof Version 2_21_2022 2_19_26 AM.png
Pokemon Bidoof Version 2_21_2022 2_11_47 AM.png

Pokemon Bidoof Version 2_20_2022 11_17_09 PM.png
Game Download:
1.0.1 - 1.0.1 modifies the first quest so that it is easier to find the Oran Berry for Papa Doof. I've had reports from players that this quest is insanely difficult, so I highly recommend using this version instead. However, for the sake of the game jam, I have maintained the link to the original 1.0.0 version.
1.0.2 - More bugfixes

Made Using:
Pokémon Essentials and RPGMakerXP
Team:
FlamingPhoenix1013 (also known as RevanDoctor1013
Notes: Not really anything to add here. I'd suggest taking your time and talking to as many people as possible. I think one of the greatest charms of this game is how many easter eggs and jokes are hidden away in different parts of the world. Besides that, just have fun!
Resource Pack:
Coming Soon

v19.1 Hotfixes plugin
Maruno

Gen 8 Project:
Battler Sprites:
Gen 1-5 Pokemon Sprites - veekun
Gen 6 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon X/Y Sprite Project
Gen 7 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sun/Moon Sprite Project
Gen 8 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sword/Shield Sprite Project
Overworld Sprites
Gen 6 Pokemon Overworlds - princess-pheonix, LunarDusk, Wolfang62, TintjeMadelintje101, piphybuilder88
Gen 7 Pokemon Overworlds - Larry Turbo, princess-pheonix
Gen 8 Pokemon Overworlds - SageDeoxys, Wolfang62
Gen 1-5 Pokemon Overworlds - MissingLukey, help-14, Kymoyonian, cSc-A7X, 2and2makes5, Pokegirl4ever, Fernandojl, Silver-Skies, TyranitarDark, Getsuei-H, Kid1513, Milomilotic11, Kyt666, kdiamo11, Chocosrawlooid, Syledude, Gallanty, Gizamimi-Pichu, 2and2makes5, Zyon17,LarryTurbo, spritesstealer
Cry Credits:
Gen 1-6 Pokemon Cries - Rhyden
PBS Credits:
Golisopod User, Zerokid, TheToxic, HM100, KyureJL, ErwanBeurier
Script Credits:
EBS Bitmap Wrapper - Luka S.J.
Gen 8 Scripts - Golisopod User, Maruno, Vendily, TheToxic, HM100, Aioross, WolfPP, MFilice, lolface, KyureJL, DarrylBD99, Turn20Negate, TheKandinavian, ErwanBeurier
Compilation of Resources:
Golisopod User, UberDunsparce
Porting to v19:
Golisopod User, Maruno

ENLS’s Pre-Looped Music Library

Gen 4 OW Sprites by:
Neo-Spriteman
VanillaSunshine
PurpleZaffre & Maicerochico
AtomicReactor

Gen 4 and 5 Trainer sprites and PBS by:
Mr. Gela/theo#7722

ULTIMATE Gen 4 Overworlds Pack by:
PurpleZaffre
PurpleZaffre

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Boushy, MiDas Mike,
Brother1440, Near Fantastica,
FL., PinkMan,
Genzai Kawakami, Popper,
Golisopod User, Rataime,
help-14, Savordez,
IceGod64, SoundSpawn,
Jacob O. Wobbrock, the__end,
KitsuneKouta, Venom12,
Lisa Anthony, Wachunga,
Luka S.J., and everyone else who helped out

"mkxp-z" by:
Roza
Based on MKXP by Ancurio et al.

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

Plot Point: Betrayal (One of the characters is conspiring against Pokémon who ally themselves with humans)
Key Character: Father Figure (Papa Doof, who guides the player on their journey and is a mentor to all Bidoofkind)

Last edited:

FlamingPhoenix

Novice
Version 1.0.1 is out now! This version fixes a problem with a door that may or may not have been caused by my trying to fix another issue, that being the Oran Berry quest. Though not strictly a bug, I've had reports that this quest is super difficult (much more than I intended) and as such, I've released an update so that the Oran Berry is visible in the overworld.

Cafalla

Rookie
So funny and cute. Glad to know both humans and Bidoof dislike Mindy 😂 It was fun exploring the city and talking to so many Pokemon. Thanks for your work!

Back