• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
The Gen 4-Style Gen 5 and Beyond Backsprite Resource

Resource The Gen 4-Style Gen 5 and Beyond Backsprite Resource 1.0

PorousMist

Novice
PorousMist updated The Gen 4-Style Gen 5 and Beyond Backsprite Resource with a new update entry:

The Return of the Project

Sorry for leaving this project for very long. I did not want to abandon this just yet.
Alas, I finally have the next wave for you guys:

-Added sprites for Clauncher line
-Added sprites for Skwovet line
-Added sprites for Blipbug line
-Added sprites for Rolycoly line
-Added sprites for Applin line
-Added sprites for Perrserker
-Added sprites for Cursola
-Added sprites for Falinks
-Added sprites for Gigantamax Coalossal
-Added sprites for Ursaluna
-Added sprites for Hisuian Decidueye
-Added...

Read the rest of this update entry...

SSQUIlava333

Rookie
Hey I'm making sprites to fill in the gaps for my own game project Pokemon Stellar is there any way I can contribute the sprites I make I'm using the smogon backsprites from the gen 8 pack as base idk if thats okay i mean obviously dont credit me just the sprite resource but so far I made gogoat and furfrou and I plan on making more to fill in the rest of the blanks so just thought I'd share

dg2k65w-2c14349e-449a-4e89-b3f0-ef5418faf852.png
dg2k66w-937f990e-c571-4936-b8d2-69625c1de2b0.png

dg2k666-aeb17641-487f-4bcd-b47d-9e9deb5c4e83.png
dg2k675-8d6295b5-8fd9-4d10-9c7c-8187979ac79b.png

Edit: I just finished male meowstic, also if their not good enough you can edit them
dg2n72r-2aff848b-50ba-43ba-9ae6-c883f7fa5c9d.png
dg2n732-296b3e6c-00c5-413e-a3e4-60e726fc2cb2.png

sry i realized after the fact that their 96x96 instead of 80x80 I was making them the same size as the gen 8 pack sprites but essentials takes 96x96 so i figured it's fine but if it doesnt work for this purpose nvm just figured it was better than no sprite at all and it fits in essentials fine

Last edited:

neoncityrain

Trans and proud
Hello! Apologies if this is unwarranted, but would others be able to contribute to this project, and if yes then what are the exact rules for doing so? I have been playing with making and editing sprites lately for a game that a friend and I are tossing ideas around for, but tend to be a bit of a perfectionist and already see some gaps in Pokémon that I really love.
Thank you regardless, this resource is super cool and incredibly useful! I prefer the gen 4 style sprites over the gen 5 ones by far, so this is awesome.

KRLW890

The Beast
Hello! Apologies if this is unwarranted, but would others be able to contribute to this project, and if yes then what are the exact rules for doing so? I have been playing with making and editing sprites lately for a game that a friend and I are tossing ideas around for, but tend to be a bit of a perfectionist and already see some gaps in Pokémon that I really love.
Thank you regardless, this resource is super cool and incredibly useful! I prefer the gen 4 style sprites over the gen 5 ones by far, so this is awesome.
I'm not the organizer, but I've been contributing to this project through the Smogon thread for almost a year now. The "rules" for submitting sprites are pretty loose:
  • Make sure you credit the original creator if you're offering sprites you didn't create yourself.
  • Sprites should be either 80x80 pixels or 160x160 at double resolution.
Other than that, just feel free to post any sprites you have here. Putting them in a spoiler tag is nice, especially if you have a lot of them, so that they can be minimized while users are scrolling.

neoncityrain

Trans and proud
Alright! Here are a bunch, then!
While gen 5 exists in the files, most sprites are incredibly odd and wonky, I imagine because they are gen 5 edits, and not at all gen 4 style. I decided to tackle many gen 5 mons for this reason. I redownloaded, and apparently some of my sprites seem to have gotten messed up in the transfer or something...? These still exist, though, so here they are.
I'll likely return again, hope that's alright!

Credit to Zygoat for the base form, I made the edits.
ALCREMIE_1.png
ALCREMIE_2.png
ALCREMIE_7.png
ALCREMIE_8.png
ALCREMIE_9.png
ALCREMIE_14.png
ALCREMIE_15.png
ALCREMIE_16.png
ALCREMIE_21.png
ALCREMIE_22.png
ALCREMIE_23.png
ALCREMIE_28.png
ALCREMIE_29.png
ALCREMIE_30.png
ALCREMIE_35.png
ALCREMIE_36.png
ALCREMIE_37.png
ALCREMIE_42.png
ALCREMIE_43.png
ALCREMIE_44.png
ALCREMIE_49.png
ALCREMIE_50.png
ALCREMIE_51.png
ALCREMIE_56.png
ALCREMIE_57.png
ALCREMIE_58.png

DEERLING.png
DEERLING_1.png
DEERLING_2.png
DEERLING_3.png
LITWICK.png
DEINO.png
ACCELGOR.png
ARCHEN.png
TAUROS_1.png

Last edited:

NanaelJustice

Novice
It has been a while since I last made Pokémon sprites, but today I done Cramorant and Komala in a whim, both of them based of their sprites from the Smogon Sprite Projects:
CRAMORANT.png
CRAMORANT shiny.png
CRAMORANT_1.png
CRAMORANT_1 shiny.png
CRAMORANT_2.png
CRAMORANT_2 shiny.png
KOMALA.png
KOMALA shiny.png

Back