• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Entertainment You are a Pokémon Professor!

Sylvecario

Researchless Researcher
The rules are simple:
  • What is your field of research?
  • Do you give Starter Pokémon? And what Starter Pokémon do you give away?

I research the effects of Pokémon of certain types (Ghost, Psychic, Fairy, etc) on their Trainers over long time periods.
I don't give people a Starter Pokemon, as I would be met rather late into the story.

Ickle

Trainer
I would research the effect that battling truly has on a pokemon and their trainer.
I would give them a pokemon but not their starter pokemon. I would give them a second starter that would evolve once based on how many battles it has done (they would be able to fight me at some point in the story and I would have a team of pokemon that could mega evolve but my real mega would be the evolution of the pokemon that I gave them, If they win I'd give them the mage stone for it).

Astefia

Cooltrainer
I would research the truth and misconceptions in folk stories about Pokemon, and generally collect and classify small-scale folklore.
I would give out Pokemon sometimes, but not the ones known widely for their strength - rather, the agreeable ones that appear in nice stories, like flowers or nicer fairies. Not necessarily as starters - maybe as a second teammate?

Ooh, this is fun!

I think my research would be tied to seeking out patterns and ways to classify Pokemon. You know those shape categories you can search by in the Pokedex that nobody ever uses? Well, those are mine, and I worked very hard on them. But I also discovered levelling rates, so that’s helpful!

I think I’d probably give out a novelty research Pokemon like Castform- maybe something that could check its opponent’s stats!

HollowGap

How am I still alive
I would be Professor [insert tree name here] specializing in [insert fancy subject here]. My role in the game will contain at least one of these:
  • Giving out starter
  • Giving Pokedex (occasionally with other gadgets)
  • Asking your name
  • Asking your appearance
  • Introducing you to the region
I might battle you at some point, but mostly I will be explaining to you about [exposition likely related to the legendary mascot]. You and I live in the same [insert town name here], so we're neighbors! But unfortunately, my allegiance depends on whether my lab outfit is cool enough to be the bad guy. The cooler I am, the longer my monologue will be.

But I personally would like to not tick any of that. Not sure why, it seems fun to try out.

MillionDollarFine

Rookie
I would research the histories of regions like Kalos and Sinnoh, hoping to one day discover a region with an unheard history of its own.
I would give out starters that represent the historic studies of Kalos and two other regions.
Those starters would be Chespin, Scorbunny, and Squirtle.

Aurora

Trainer
I would give dark type starters.I'm 100% spiritomb, absol and houndoom person.Zorua..ok i couldn't choose though.My research would be about legendary pokemon and their environment.

Back