• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

What's your most ambitious idea for your fangame you fear Essentials might not be able to do?

SuperSpyroDragon64

Cooltrainer
Yes! YES! THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! Pokemon using their front-facing sprites, with one flipped horizontally so they stare each other down like fighting game characters, both with angles cheated towards the camera just enough to enhance their appeal. Beams and fireballs that zoom across the screen, physical attacks that rocket your foe towards the enemy, that's how it's done! Hand-drawing standing animations, one physical and one special attack animation, and one fainting animation for 800ish-900ish Pokemon would still be a colossal undertaking. But not as colossal as it would be if each Pokemon needed a unique set of animations for being on the player's side facing away from the camera. If I had the infinite budget of a billion dollar company and all the time in the world to make Pokemon the best it can be, I'd have Pokemon animated better than the GBA Fire Emblem games. High-bit 2D sprites in a 3D world, like Dragon Quest 9 for the DS but better.

Paulypus

Programming without really knowing what I'm doing
Flashback battles. Essentially, during a battle I want to be able to return to other battles in the game, and then after a certain number of turns/after the player wins that battle, I would like to then return to the original battle, sort of as a way to revisit previous battles in the game in a flashback-esque manner. No clue how I would do this or if it's even possible though.

Back