• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Discussion Username Backstories

This thread invites discussion. Be respectful, but feel free to share your opinions.

Kaleidophoenix

Novice
I've always been fond of kaleidoscopes and phoenixes, so portmaneauing them together made sense. I actually used to call myself Darkest643, which is a quite terrible username, even if it's a pun based on Reshiram's body color. Kaleidophoenix has more elegance to it.

moca

Aki's Favorite; Next Mod
Pff, I mean, come on, man. It's pretty self-explanatory. B)

FloofyPanthar

Gen 5 Guru
Nitron the Nintenpro is what I call myself on my youtube channel, Nintenpro.

ZenisBlaze sounds cool and barely anything appears when you search it.

zarexraze

Novice
My username is actually based off some misinformation during my youth. Back then, it was Pokemon and Kingdom Hearts for me. At that time, I thought the technical names for the Black and White protagonists were Raze and Zoey, in reference to Reshiram and Zekrom. So when all of my siblings were trying to make their own usernames, I just took Raze, mixed the words around while adding an X (like how members of Organization XIII got their names), and stuck the result together.

And that's how zarexraze was created.

aiyinsi

A wild Minun appeared!
Well a friend of mine translated my name into chinese and then I took the pronounciation of that plus added a letter because it sounded better. That's the story of my nickname.

Kawaiiski

Starving Bittersweet Artist
I like Kawaii, I like the sky. ...That's about it. Its sort of a reversion of "Kawasaki" I guess, too. It's also kind of my pen name that used to be longer, but I shortened it to Kawaiiski. I guess you could say I re-branded myself? Or grew up? I've used it for a while now, when I think about it. I've gone through some times of embarrassing usernames like everyone else, though.

Wanap

insane dream
I chose 1upmushroom as my yt username back in 2011 because I thought it sounded cool and I also played mario games a lot at that time so it felt like a natural name choice. as time passed by my friends began to call me 1up and afterwards wanap since that's how you pronounce 1up.

Last edited:

Mozart

Annoying Twit
I'm Mozart. My sister started calling me that one day. She insists that I was annoyed by it but I thought it was cool and started using it as my online handle. No relation to Mike Mozart or other Mozarts out there, or even Monets since that's also been a thing that's happened before.

Keileon

Sardonyx's Kyuubi
I have a long history of online handles.

My current username, Keileon, is the Cantonese word for kirin/kilin/qilin/麒麟/きりん/whatever. I pronounce it kay-lee-on, but I'm pretty sure the pronunciation is kay-lun: https://forvo.com/word/yue/麒麟/

Because of that, people online usually call me Kei or Keil.

Before that, my username was Kudamon (still seen today in the derivative "KudaKeileon" on some websites). That just comes from Digimon. I'm still called Kuda by most of my friends, and I used to sign my art "KX", deriving from Kudamon X, which would be a Kudamon with the X-Antibody.

My oldest username still in use is Kiryu- which actually isn't from Godzilla. It's from a Yu-Gi-Oh card that used to be my favorite monster: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Kiryu

TheGamingPaladin

TheGamingPaladin - Youtuber, Foodie, Gamer 4 Life
this is my new Username across the internet, including my youtube Username, it is based on my favorite World of Warcraft Player Class, and because i am a gamer.

would i change it? nope, cause it's catchy and it's WAY better than my original UN... UltimateGamerCC... which makes me sound like some kind of elitist jerk, and not WHO i am at all, i am happy that i changed it to what i am now.

rainefall

riley
Expo Team
sukoshijon was the result of me typing 'little' into google translate for japanese and sticking 'jon' on the end. my nickname in the first years of high school was little john, since i was very small and i 'looked like a john'. my online name was originally littlejohn958, but i switched it over to sukoshijon because i didn't like having numbers and i'm also a weeb or something. i've been by many other names in the past, but i don't like talking about them...

shadow.sulphor

Novice
My username ,usually of godric from Harry Potter cause it's movie dubbing in my native language is something like my real name and sulphor is the name I used in Uranium play through cause of Theo (something from Thiosulphate),but with spell error Sulphor not sulphur.

Falcon

Local Robot
I like falcons but since certain social media sites let people steal my username I just throw 'flaming' in front of it since the f sound is cool? I don't know, I was like 13 and now I'm stuck with it so...

Tasteless Faux

Guy who spends way too much time online
Well, I'm terrible at coming up with names, so I just found a random adjective. Somehow, I ended up with tasteless and just added faux to the end of it. I dunno why I chose faux, but it felt fitting for me.

AfterBurn

'HarvestMon' Developer
I need a forum name but by old one was stolen to I thought for awhile, for some reason fire was on my mind, and this thing abomination happened and I have been using it as my handle ever since.

Back