• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokémon True Destiny

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Discontinued
Project Version
ETA Next Version
Apr 1, 2023
BwWjqXg.gif

Download
Chapter Two Demo Download(Version 2.1)
KcjmUcX.png

What is Pokémon True Destiny?
Pokémon True Destiny is a Pokémon fan-game I've been working on since March of this year using the Pokémon Essentials toolkit. It is a murder mystery type game where you go around in the region of Asmos solving murders and figure out your True Destiny, that's the name of the game, and some other fun stuff that you figure out in the game. My inspirations for the game were the Danganronpa series and
Doki Doki Literature Club
9yQCUpc.png

Is the full game out?
No, only Chapter One is. I'm planning on releasing the game on a chapter-by-chapter basis and this thread will be updated as I release more chapters. I'm planning on there being four chapters in total and the first Chapter is at least an hour-long, but that's me speedrunning while playtesting it.
rKKhX3e.png

Plot Summary(no spoilers of course)
In Pokémon True Destiny you play as someone who just had their parents die. After their parents' death, they go back to their old hometown Lilsee Town and are asked to help investigate who the murderer is. You go throughout investigating suspects, Nyx, Buckeye, Basil, and the other counterpart to the player. You're given an Abra to help you out and you meet some friends along the way of your investigation. It's your job to snuff out the lies and figure out who was the one to kill your parents.
uPpA5GX.png

Unique Features
  • Quests: Complete tasks to gain rewards all the way from returning a lost son to their parent, or finding a legend of the past, it really could be anything.
  • Origin Forms: In the Asmos Region they preserved Pokémon to how they were in the past so they didn't evolve over time. So you get Pokémon in their original form, like an Ice Type Squirtle or a Ghost Type Bulbasaur.
  • Alien Pokémon: A long time ago a meteorite hit the Asmos Region leaving Alien Pokémon there, making Asmos the home of Alien Pokémon on Earth.
  • An original soundtrack(made by me) and original sprites(mostly made by me but some by Aldo and Rissy.)
IiIxhhZ.png

BCBhBTk.png

pQnNM2W.png

CatuUpt.png

f8rdXuX.png

Discord Server

Exit Arrows by: Tustin2121

Overworld Sprites for the Protagonists: Aldo

Outdoor Tileset: TheDeadHeroAlistair and Kymotonian(KyleDove)

Interior Tileset: MewTheMega Kyle-Dove Magiscarf Pablus94 Princess Phoenix Zeo254
SpeedDialga, Spacemotion, Alucus, Pokemon-Diamond, Kizemaru-Kurunosuke,
EpicDay, Thurpok, UltimoSpriter, Dewitty, Minorthreat0987, TyranitarDark,
HeavyMetalLover, Kaitoooo, WesleyFG, BoOmxBiG, CrimsonTakai, Warpras, and NT.

Music, Trainer Sprites, Running Sprite, and overall game making: AceGamerAndy
Orckot Voice: AceGamerAndy
Alien/Origin Pokemon OWs: AceGamerAndy

Steven Sprite Edited from Modeling Clay's and JetFiremaster's.

Origin Form Squirtle and Bulbasaur line made by: JaoCraftBR and edited by AceGamerAndy

Alien Pokemon: Magiscarf

Orchid and Wave Gym Badge: Rissy

Route 2 Map: Rissy

Alon Trainer and OW Sprite: Aldo

Party Screen BW Style by: DeepBlue PacificWaves, Shashu-Greninja

BW Save Screen by: HDrawer (based on shiney570 script)

BW Summary Screen by: DeepBlue PacificWaves, Tommaniacal, Lucidious89, Weibrot, Kobi2604, Dirkriptide, Ploaj, Mr. Gela, Shashu-Greninja

BW Text Entry by: Shashu-Greninja, DeepBlue PacificWaves, Erassus

EBDX by: Luka S.J.,Maruno,Marin,Pokecheck.org,PinkCatDragon,Tebited15,BadSamaritan,WolfPP,redblueyellow,Damien,Issei Hyoudou,Nasasu,luckygirl88

Following Pokémon EX by: Golisopod User, Help-14, zingzags, Rayd12smitty, Venom12, mej71, PurpleZaffre, Akizakura16, Thundaga, Armrin (Fairies Resource Pack)

Luka's Scripting Utilities by: Luka S.J.

Modular Title Screen by: Luka S.J.

Modern Quest System by: ThatWelshOne_,mej71,derFischae,Marin

v19.1 Hotfixes by: Maruno

Voltseon's Pause Menu by: Voltseon, Golisopod User, ENLS

Fomantis sprite by: Antiant

Gossifleur sprite by: leParagon, KingOfthe-X-Roads

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Boushy & MiDas Mike
Brother1440 & Near Fantastica
FL. & PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami & Popper
Golisopod User & Rataime
help-14 & Savordez
IceGod64 & SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock & the__end
KitsuneKouta & Venom12
Lisa Anthony & Wachunga
Luka S.J.
and everyone else who helped out

"mkxp-z" by:
Roza
Based on MKXP by Ancurio et al.

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

This is a non-profit fan-made game.
No copyright infringements intended.
Please support the official games!

Attachments

• SmoothRC.gif
    SmoothRC.gif
    6.7 MB · Views: 33,570
  • UpdatedScreen1.png
    UpdatedScreen1.png
    36.6 KB · Views: 2,429
  • UpdatedScreen2.png
    UpdatedScreen2.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 2,420
  • UpdatedScreen3.png
    UpdatedScreen3.png
    37.8 KB · Views: 2,422
  • OOOOh.png
    OOOOh.png
    50.2 KB · Views: 2,421
  • credits1.png
    credits1.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 4,531
  • credits2.png
    credits2.png
    6.1 KB · Views: 4,431
  • credits7NOSPOILERS.png
    credits7NOSPOILERS.png
    6 KB · Views: 2,813
  • credits8.png
    credits8.png
    7.5 KB · Views: 2,755
  • credits9.png
    credits9.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 2,592
Last edited:

16Gabs

Trainer
Is there a way to capture / use the Ghost Bulbasaur in this first chapter? =)

About the game as a whole: it only felt a little rushed at the beggining, when you don't know if there will be a place to recover your pokemons or not (you kinda have to make a run towards the city).

Is Celebi gonna appear again in chapter 2? Cause it feels like I could've missed it.
And it would make sense, since it can do time stuff

But I liked the ideia and the execution. Really good game =)

WolfTaiko

Ex-Ace Gamer
Is there a way to capture / use the Ghost Bulbasaur in this first chapter? =)

About the game as a whole: it only felt a little rushed at the beggining, when you don't know if there will be a place to recover your pokemons or not (you kinda have to make a run towards the city).

Is Celebi gonna appear again in chapter 2? Cause it feels like I could've missed it.
And it would make sense, since it can do time stuff

But I liked the ideia and the execution. Really good game =)
Thanks! You cannot obtain the Bulbasaur in the first chapter, and for
celebi you will always have access to it so you can get it at any point of the game since Dropford Ciry will always be available

Last edited:

WolfTaiko

Ex-Ace Gamer
Version 1.1 is out! It is just two bug fixes, but very important bugs.
The two bugs that were fixed are the bug if you go to Maxie from below when he tries to move down he bumps into you... forever. Also, I forgot to change Wartortle's PBS to make him an Ice Type with Ice Type moves, whoopsie! Well, here's 1.1.
I am on a steady pace to release Chapter Two at the projected release date of this Winter, but we'll see how it all falls later. Can't wait for you to see what I have planned!

WolfTaiko

Ex-Ace Gamer
TIME.png
UPDATE: As you can see here Chapter Two development is steadily coming along and I chose to give you this teaser image to show you the main characters of Chapter Two. From left to right we have Avery, a reporter that's sweet but has a short temper, the main characters/antagonists, for obvious reasons, then we have a high schooler named Tim that has a grievance against Avery for something that she has done, lastly, we have Sebastian Stone that we got introduced to in Chapter One, a descendant of Steven Stone who will help the player throughout the game... and there is one last main character of Chapter Two, but I think you should wait until you play the game to figure out who they are.

WolfTaiko

Ex-Ace Gamer
1664060420156.png

IT'S OUT!

After almost a whole year Chapter Two is out! And you guys are probably going to hate hearing this but it REALLY could've been released in January, I just got really busy and sat on it for like months and also just other projects and stuff came up that I prioritized. Though I am now back to it and Chapter Three should come out hopefully in Fall 2023, and also if you're confused about the timeline for my games Broken and every other game I release from now on will be set place after the four chapters of True Destiny. Also, this Chapter won't have the same quality that my recent games had, since I started working on this September last year and finished it around December, which was before I even started working on Lost Power. So it's sad to say this but don't expect the best quality stuff, but I still like how it turned out mostly! Mainly because I REALLY don't want to push back this chapter for 4 more months to completely remake the second Chapter. Development for the third Chapter has been put in full swing though and will be a lot better in quality! I hope you all enjoy playing the Second Chapter of True Destiny!

Just finished chapter 1, I still have chapter 2 to play but some thoughts:
I like the style of game this sets out to be. It has a focus on story, following a murder mystery kind of vibe, but still has good gameplay interwoven into it. All the new forms and original pokemon are really cool and have been really well sprited. And you've done a good job at making them memorable, especially since Nyx's pokemon is so integral to the plot. The association I have between him and that new pokemon is great and makes both the character and the pokemon feel so much more meaningful.

I do think the game could use a lot more polish though, I encountered a few bugs from softlocks because I talked to maxie from the wrong direction, bad passability, events not playing out as they should and so on. I also think that the writing felt a bit odd/rushed at times with the pacing. Immediately it isn't clear that our parents are dead and the character doesn't really care. Nobody really reacts to it in any way other than considering it a mystery that needs solving. With that being said, the start was probably the roughest part for me, I feel like the writing was already after that.

This is more a personal thing but I really don't like it when games call your PC Name. For me it is my real full name and it felt awkward having that pulled up on stream. But I do understand why it is done, to reinforce the idea of the whole simulation framing device.

Looking forward to playing chapter 2 soon and seeing how it progresses!

ambersalamander

Rookie
I love the game so far! The characters and story are engaging. However, I've gotta say that going all the way back to start every time you lose a battle is a bit annoying. At the very least letting me restart at a pokemon center like the "vanilla" games would be nice.
Also, in case you weren't aware, your follower pokemon is always "holding something", giving basically unlimited items.

gohstar95

Novice
I realised I completed chapter 2 without getting the first badge, i lost as my abra didnt not have any pp left for psybeam. But he acted as thought I won. In my trainer card, there is no badge for the 1st gym. Will it affect anything?

WolfTaiko

Ex-Ace Gamer
I realised I completed chapter 2 without getting the first badge, i lost as my abra didnt not have any pp left for psybeam. But he acted as thought I won. In my trainer card, there is no badge for the 1st gym. Will it affect anything?
Nope, nothing should be affected for the rest of the game.
Hello, I'm about to start the game. How many Chapters are available so far?
There are 2 Chapters available so far.

Back