• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Quest Log

Resource Quest Log 1.0

Dial_911

Rookie
Idrag the file into the game and nothing happens. how am i screwing up

I can't seem to get the game to recognize the files, and I don't know why.
when the came tries to run the script, it doesn't work, and it crashes.

Yumil

Novice
What the hell how did I miss this many posts
Sorry for the delayed answers, but in order :
Does your system work on existing saves?
I'm afraid it currently doesn't, since it adds a thing to add to the save file and essentials 19 yeets the save if it finds that out, if I recall correctly ? I think older versions let you work around that with careful implementations but 19 is stricter with that.

I could solve it by reworking the entire thing into being stored in a game variable instead of it's own thing so it's just saved along the rest of the variables and this also fix any lingering issue of "pressing f12 and reloading doesn't actually clean the quest log" that might remain, but i'm kinda busy at the moment.

I'm having an issue where any changes made in any of the quest log PBS files require a brand new save to see the changes made in-game. The documentation doesn't explain the process too well, is this intentional or can I do something to allow changes to be observed on the same game file?
... Kinda.
Basically the problem is that the quest log array also stores the completion of the quests, so changing the quest array and realoding it into the game means wiping your progress of those quests.

So by default, I don't let the quest log load from the source if the game detects it exists in the save, to prevent that behavior.

the problem is that then it means the quest log updates only on new game file.

I have a full solution for that with the real PBS file implementation of this resource, where you can just recompile the pbs and tell it to keep your progress and it'll try it's best to keep quest progression intact, but I don't for the work-around implementation of the resource where the quests are just in a solid array, end of the story.Attach files

I mean if you simply need to reload your quest array and don't care about keeping the progression of the quests you can simply call initializeQuestLog somewhere convenient for you.
that'll do.

I think once some dust settles on my end I'll do a big update of the resource with everything i've learned since making this for the first time. It should probably help a lot with that kinda things. Just. Not exactly soon. Schedule is busy right now.

Idrag the file into the game and nothing happens. how am i screwing up

I can't seem to get the game to recognize the files, and I don't know why.
when the came tries to run the script, it doesn't work, and it crashes.
Yeah uh for this one I'm with TechSkylander there i'm gonna need a tiny bit more details to help.

Like can you at least post the message error here so I can try to see what's the problem

if you have trouble with screenshotting windows + shift + s exists it's a great shortcut for screencaps

Desbrina

Trainer
Using the example maps that came with the plugin I keep getting errors.

***Full script:
getQuestState("Apricorn collect",1)==1

Backtrace:
[Quest Log] 003-QuestLogDetails.rb:298:in `getQuestState'
(eval):1:in `execute_script'
003_Interpreter.rb:137:in `eval'
003_Interpreter.rb:137:in `execute_script'
004_Interpreter_Commands.rb:352:in `command_111'
004_Interpreter_Commands.rb:29:in `execute_command'
003_Interpreter.rb:127:in `block in update'
003_Interpreter.rb:87:in `loop'
003_Interpreter.rb:87:in `update'
002_Scene_Map.rb:157:in `block in update'

and
Exception: NoMethodError

***Full script:
pbSetQuestGoal("Apricorn collect","gather",2,true)

Backtrace:
[Quest Log] 003-QuestLogDetails.rb:258:in `pbSetQuestGoal'
(eval):1:in `execute_script'
003_Interpreter.rb:137:in `eval'
003_Interpreter.rb:137:in `execute_script'
004_Interpreter_Commands.rb:1024:in `command_355'
004_Interpreter_Commands.rb:116:in `execute_command'
003_Interpreter.rb:127:in `block in update'
003_Interpreter.rb:87:in `loop'
003_Interpreter.rb:87:in `update'
002_Scene_Map.rb:157:in `block in update'

Yumil

Novice
Using the example maps that came with the plugin I keep getting errors.

and
Uuuuh

Wha-

Okay so I redownloaded the plugin myself because the error message made no sense to me and

For some reason the current version of the plugin WAS in fact broken because i got that error message too???
I'm genuinely at a loss as to why and how it broke or why it seemingly worked for the last person I updated it.

But uh, at any rate, I had an actually functionning version on my computer. I repackaged it, reuploaded it and made sure the download link pointed towards it, so hopefully the new download should work ?

My apologies for the inconvenience, because I have no good excuse why a small resource like this is so mysteriously hard to manage.

Jos_Louis

Developer of Pokemon Soulstones
Hi Yumil, do you have any plans of updating this to v20.1?

Yumil

Novice
I do, eventually ! Along with some updates on how it work to make it way easier to use without the additionnal pbs/compiler issues and save problems. Don't expect it soonish-ly though, work on Pokémon Desolation is eating all of my dev time so I most likely won't update it until a few more months once the scripting works lets up.

Gardenette

Cooltrainer
Hey there, love the script! I have an issue with it. I finally figured out how to use it haha I was being dumb, so no error. BUT when I go to completed quests and look at the two I have done (berry harvest and our first side quest), I will click on berry harvest and see the goals for picking the berries. That's great. But when I back out and click on berry harvest again, it shows the goal for Our First Side Quest, pick up a pokeball. I can back out and view Berry Harvest over and over and it alternates between showing the steps for berry harvest and showing the step for the First Side Quest.
Maybe this has something to do with the script remembering which one you were last looking at?

*Edit - Well this seems to have resolved itself, so disregard.

Last edited:
Back