• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Scrapped pokémon data Project 2021-09-22

Fobby

local weirdo
Alep2007 submitted a new resource:

Scrapped pokémon data - Files to use scrapped gen 1 and 2 pokémon in Essentials

Since I was too lazy to come up with fakemon, I decided to use the scrapped Pokémon from gen 1 and 2 instead.
Here's what you need to know:
1- I haven't finished this project. I'll update the more I do.
2- The .rar file containes front and back sprites, and a block notes file with the data.
3- For the pokémon names I used the names that Nob Ogasawara gave to them in DidYOuKnowGaming's video, and if he didn't give one I would come up with it myself.
4- I came up with the dex entries. I took...

Read more about this resource...

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
This is a neat idea! I really liked some of the designs that ended up being scrapped, and though some of them will never see a release/reimagining in the main games, fans can always give them the justice they deserve.

Fobby

local weirdo
This is a neat idea! I really liked some of the designs that ended up being scrapped, and though some of them will never see a release in the main games, fans can always give them the justice they deserve.
I think so too! Tbh they could easily rework the ideas in new pokemon, for example the anchor shark, Ohmega and the yo-kai line (the doll and panda) are amazing design that could work really well even now

Fobby

local weirdo
This is a neat idea! I really liked some of the designs that ended up being scrapped, and though some of them will never see a release/reimagining in the main games, fans can always give them the justice they deserve.
And tbh, I think it's weird nobody thought of doing this before

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
I think the anchor shark design might have gone on to inspire Sharpedo (it has the same kind of half-shark body, just no anchor attached) and the voodoo doll to Jiangshi panda line became Banette. If I'm right about that, they probably wouldn't bring back these designs if they felt their later iterations were better than their original take on the concept, which is a shame since these were nice designs.

Just as interesting to me though are the original designs that were toned down for their final release in Gen 2 (Octillery especially comes to mind) because some of these Pokémon became arguably more bland as a result. Octillery doesn't have any special characteristics now and is pretty much just a cartoon Octopus. I know you didn't include these in your resource, but maybe you could in the future? I think it'd help the pack feel more complete, and people could use the beta designs for released Pokémon as regional forms perhaps.

Fobby

local weirdo
I think the anchor shark design might have gone on to inspire Sharpedo (it has the same kind of half-shark body, just no anchor attached) and the voodoo doll to Jiangshi panda line became Banette. If I'm right about that, they probably wouldn't bring back these designs if they felt their later iterations were better than their original take on the concept, which is a shame since these were nice designs.

Just as interesting to me though are the original designs that were toned down for their final release in Gen 2 (Octillery especially comes to mind) because some of these Pokémon became arguably more bland as a result. Octillery doesn't have any special characteristics now and is pretty much just a cartoon Octopus. I know you didn't include these in your resource, but maybe you could in the future? I think it'd help the pack feel more complete, and people could use the beta designs for released Pokémon as regional forms perhaps.
1st: Game Freak: *tones down the design of remoraid, octillery and other pokemon because they look like weapons
The designer that made Johto's seas a battleground: :(
Game freak giving Inteleon Gigamax a shotgun 6 generations later:

2nd: tbh I never thought of adding them as regional variants lol. As I said in the post, I plan on doing only the unused designs, but yeah, that could be a cool idea. I can see Remoraid and Octillery beta as reginal variants, and maybe Sneasel too, and it would be really f*ckin cool to use the hedgehog Cyndaquil as a regional variant lol. Maybe I'll do them in the future, but I'll concetrate on the new ones and giving Ohmega some sprites that aren't ugly crap.

3rd why would they choose a broken doll over a line that embodies Japanese folklore a lot better is really weird imo.

babydoll

Novice
Oh how I wish I'd found this 2 months ago... the hours I spent trying to make my own RinRin family and others! And my RinRin looks atrocious! So thanks for saving me many future hours!

SuperJedi224

Rookie
Some of the ones I'm looking for are definitely here (and a few more I had completely forgotten about), but there doesn't seem to be a Gorochu here?

Back