• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Voltseon's A-Star Pathfinding

Resource Voltseon's A-Star Pathfinding 1.2

Eaglit

Novice
Just a heads up, this method does indeed work, but you have to make sure EVERYTHING using PBMoveRoute is in this format, this includes:
wait->WAIT
changefreq->CHANGE_FREQUENCY
switchon->SWITCH_ON
etc. etc. All the movement calls can be found in the Overworld script under [[Overworld]] in the Event Movement section. Just replace the ones in thje plugin script with the closet matching one and it should work really well.
can anyone help me with this btw? like is there a specific place where i replace them all or do i just go control h find and replace till its all gone

Brisken

Rookie
can anyone help me with this btw? like is there a specific place where i replace them all or do i just go control h find and replace till its all gone
You go into the Plugins->Voltseon's A-Star Pathfinding Folder, open up 001_VASP, and replace the required bits inside there.

Eaglit

Novice
can you just like send yours?
You go into the Plugins->Voltseon's A-Star Pathfinding Folder, open up 001_VASP, and replace the required bits inside there.
if you can't it's ok but it's a lot of work it seems like😭 like a doc or mediafire or smth
if you can't its ok just asking cause that's gonna take awhile😭

Brisken

Rookie
can you just like send yours?

if you can't it's ok but it's a lot of work it seems like😭 like a doc or mediafire or smth
if you can't its ok just asking cause that's gonna take awhile😭
It really isn't that much work, took me like 5 minutes if that.

Gardenette

Cooltrainer
Hey Voltseon,

As far as I'm aware, this isn't built into the script, and it would probably be very difficult to do, but do you have an idea of how I could get an event to pathfind away from the player?

Panda Masala

Rookie
Hey- V20.1 user here. The base RMXP engine only allows events to move if they're in the player's view, so I was wondering if:

1. If you give the event a destination that's outside of the player's view, will it still move to the destination?
2. If the event is outside of view, and then the script was called to a destination also out of view, will the event move to the destination?

Assuming the event isn't running "parallel process" I mean.

MrRetro

Veteran Gamer
Hey- V20.1 user here. The base RMXP engine only allows events to move if they're in the player's view, so I was wondering if:

1. If you give the event a destination that's outside of the player's view, will it still move to the destination?
2. If the event is outside of view, and then the script was called to a destination also out of view, will the event move to the destination?

Assuming the event isn't running "parallel process" I mean.
You should just test it on your own, instead of asking something you could figure out for yourself.

Back