• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokémon Ends 2

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
1628541649184.png

Pokémon Ends 2
By: AceGamerAndy, Aldo, and Orion
Made using RPG MAKER XP and Pokémon Essentials v19.1

Resource Pack Download
Game Download Version 1.3

LEADER_Brock.png

Screen1.png
Screen2.png
Screen3.png
Screen4.png
Screen5.png
Screen6.png

POKEMONTRAINER_Red.png

Description:
You can complete the game in 1 hour or more. It is about Logan, who wakes up after his death to see he's in the River of Rejuvenation. He meets the former leader of the Crystal Defenders who found a gem that can bring people back to life... Logan goes around trying to find out how he's alive. Pokémon Ends 2 is a sequel to Pokémon Ends and I would highly suggest you play the first one before playing this one if you haven't already.

Argonne by Zachariah Hickman

Elegy by Asher Fulero

Gen 8 Project(I used PBS and sprites from it)
Battler Sprites:
Gen 1-5 Pokemon Sprites - veekun
Gen 6 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon X/Y Sprite Project
Gen 7 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sun/Moon Sprite Project
Gen 8 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sword/Shield Sprite Project
Overworld Sprites
Gen 1-5 Pokemon Overworlds - MissingLukey, help-14, Kymoyonian, cSc-A7X,
2and2makes5, Pokegirl4ever, Fernandojl, Silver-Skies, TyranitarDark, Getsuei-H,
Kid1513, Milomilotic11, Kyt666, kdiamo11, Chocosrawlooid, Syledude, Gallanty,
Gizamimi-Pichu, 2and2makes5, Zyon17,LarryTurbo, spritesstealer
Gen 6 Pokemon Overworlds - princess-pheonix, LunarDusk, Wolfang62,
TintjeMadelintje101, piphybuilder88
Gen 7 Pokemon Overworlds - Larry Turbo
Gen 8 Pokemon Overworlds - SageDeoxys, Wolfang62
Icon Sprites
Gen 1-6 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Alaguesia
Gen 7 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Marin, MapleBranchWing, Contributors to the DS
Styled Gen 7+ Repository
Gen 8 Icon Sprites - Larry Turbo, Leparagon
Cry Credits:
Gen 1-6 Pokemon Cries - Rhyden
Gen 7 Pokemon Cries - Marin, Rhyden
Gen 8 Pokemon Cries - Zeak6464
PBS Credits:
Golisopod User, Zerokid, TheToxic, HM100, KyureJL, ErwanBeurier
Script Credits:
EBS Bitmap Wrapper - Luka S.J.
Gen 8 Scripts - Golisopod User, Vendily, TheToxic, HM100, Aioross,
WolfPP, MFilice, lolface, KyureJL, DarrylBD99, Turn20Negate, TheKandinavian, ErwanBeurier
Compilation of Resources
Golisopod User, UberDunsparce
Porting to v19
Golisopod User

Programmer: Orion

Gen IV Custom Overworld Sprites: Aldo

Gen IV Custom Trainer Sprites: Aldo

Edited Exterior Tileset: TheDeadHeroAlistair

Edited Cave Tileset: kymotonian speeddialga spacemotion alucus
pokemon.diamond kizemaru.kurunosuke epicday thurpok ultimospriter
dewitty minorthreat0987 tyranitardark princelegendario

Edited Interior Tileset: MewTheMega Kyle Dove Magiscarf Pablus94 Princess Phoenix Zeo254

Gen IV/V Trainer Sprites: Mr. Gela

Sprites Used from PurpleZaffre's Ultimate Gen IV Overworld Pack.

Writer/Concept Artist/Creator: AceGamerAndy

Gen IV Overworld Sprites: PurpleZaffre

{INSERTS_PLUGIN_CREDITS_DO_NOT_REMOVE}

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Boushy MiDas Mike
Brother1440 Near Fantastica
FL. PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami Popper
Golisopod User Rataime
help-14 Savordez
IceGod64<s>SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock the__end
KitsuneKouta Venom12
Lisa Anthony Wachunga
Luka S.J.
and everyone else who helped out

"mkxp-z" by:
Roza
Based on MKXP by Ancurio et al.

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

This is a non-profit fan-made game.
No copyright infringements intended.
Please support the official games!

Last edited:

WolfTaiko

Ex-Ace Gamer
Version 1.1 is out!

Just fixing a bug or two.
Made it that you can't go to Route 185 until you have beaten Archer in the Rocket Prism, and made it that you can't go behind the houses to go to the edge of the map to the side of the trees. Lastly, some tracks weren't working since Essentials added tracks that have the same name after I deleted them.

Just finished playing through the game, I've already send bug reports and some specific opinions straight to Andy, but here are my general thoughts:
First off, and the most important thing in my opinion, this game is an improvement from your previous works. I think it is amazing that you have obviously improved with each game you make, and I look forward to seeing your skills grow further.

You still have plenty of room to grow, the outdoor mapping could use some work as they tended to have too much empty space, outdoor maps should have tighter edges and be a bit more condensed. If you want examples of good mapping, the Iron Mapper Trials have a lot you can look at. That being said, the Celadon City map was good, it wasn't too open and had a clear border. And all your interior maps were great, I liked them a lot, I think you did well at making the interiors interesting.

The story was interesting, lots of twists and turns, maybe a bit too much. Sometimes it feels like so much is happening and then the plot just moves on without giving it proper time. But I will say, I really liked the point of Logan being a clone, in comparison with Mew Two. The idea that both are clones, non-human, but while Mewtwo hates humanity, Logan still sees some beauty in it. Or something along those lines, made the final battle meaningful. I liked it.

I think it is amazing that you make a lot of the music yourself. Obviously, objectively, official Pokemon music will sound 'better' since it is made by professionals, but I think you make the right choice by choosing to make your own music for the game. It's a really unique sound, I haven't heard these songs anywhere before since they were made by you. It gives your game Identity to have its own music. If I hear certain tracks in other fangames, I've heard them before, they are associated with a specific Pokemon game, not with the fangame I'm playing, but the songs I hear playing Pokemon Ends 2, they are Pokemon Ends 2's songs! Also I think it is just an awesome skill for you to develop through making these games, composing is really cool.

My favourite section of the game was the Prism HQ, loved each floor, similar to Ends' HQ but just better. The Sabrina section was well done, I loved the puzzle on the first floor, and the card trick with the battles makes it feel like less of a slog. I think you really did well here.

Just some minor more specific things to mention now, I really liked how you animated the mewtwo using psychic, you really used eventing a lot for cutscenes and you did well.

For small suggestions, I think this game would have benefitted from the name boxes script, or maybe have the name of the character be a different colour to the text they are saying. Have the name and text side by side like "Logan: Hello, I'm Logan" blends it together a bit too much. It would be nice having something to distinguish the name. Also, this is more of a personal thing, but I love flavour text (in case you don't know, that's just text you see when interacting with random non-important objects like a bookshelf in someone's house). As the name suggests it adds some nice "flavour" to the area.

Okay that's all, really love seeing your games grow. Keep up the good work, you should be proud of what you made.

[\SPOILER]

WolfTaiko

Ex-Ace Gamer
Version 1.2 is out!
With lots of bugs squashed and fixed.
Fixed the background sometimes appearing snowy in Route 185, fixed the size of the Brian sprite, removed Nurse Joy turning into the Gen 3 sprite when bowing when you respawn, lots of tiling errors have been fixed, and making it that you can't see the edge of the map in the River of Rejuvination.

Last edited:

WolfTaiko

Ex-Ace Gamer
You know, between Ends 1 and Ends 2, the thing that stands out to me the most is the music. Do you have a soundcloud or a bandcamp or something? You definitely have a talent for it and I love this kind of stuff.
I do not have a bandcamp or a soundcloud, but thank you for your compliment!

AenaonDogsky

Arbiter of Doggos
A story-driven adventure with good cutscene event animation, top-notch interior mapping, and a very pleasant original soundtrack

Thoughts:

- The music really does fit the game, it has this post-apocalyptic, yet serene feel to it

- good job on the atmospheric sounds

- is there a particular reason you show Giovanni and Silver a few tiles further up from the camera's center?

- the character sprites are really well done. Are they custom?

- minor nitpick: when people refer to having pokemon on their team, they usually say "with" me, rather than "on" me, "on me" suggests that pokemon are something beyond what's implied in the main series

- it'd be extra nice if Brian were to follow along with Logan before he goes on to break the boulder

- nice trick with the cave exit being walkable and part of it showing above the player, but larger sprites, like Brian's whose edges go beyond 1 tile, will show on either side

- Brian should be facing downwards right after silver revival

- nurse joy insta-heal without fade in and out is not conventional, but I like it, and prefer it to waiting for the screen to fade in and out

- interior mapping is really tight, well done

- elm's bookcases could do with fewer pokeballs (nitpick)

- I'm not sure if "release" is used in the games as in "take it out of its ball and walk with it", release is more frequently seen as a term for letting your pokemon go forever (could be wrong tho)

- I think that Game Corner's roof is a bit big generally speaking, and relative to the other buildings

- the battle music has a very good base on which you can build a melody and some accompaniment. Interested to see you further develop battle music in the future!

- gym interior looks great

- one question would be, how would Brian know that the gem can revive people, if there was actually no one else in that cave with him for years? He read about that somewhere in the past?

- tile choice is good

- it'd be best to make the sleeping event tile get activated on player touch (then make the player face down) instead of action button

- wasteland map lags a bit

- team rocket needs to work on subtlety indeed, lol it's always been that way with every game they were in xD

- interior mapping of hideout is good, well done

- maybe make the note sprites in rocket hideout stand out a bit more? With darker outlines?

- the "how you read a book" hint isn't technically correct, most languages read from top to bottom so the first number should be the top left note's, not the bottom left. Also it'd be more fun if all the notes were using the style of the bottom right note, since it's more cryptic and subtle than the others!

- are you transferred to a different map when you activate the entrance to the 2nd floor? because your follower pokemon goes glitchy for a second. You could use fade out and in, but then again I understand why you chose not to, it makes it feel more natural. Perhaps then put the follower mon back into its pokeball before you interact with the computer, and bring it back out after interaction (correct and incorrect input alike).

- lol the card thing before the fights sounds like something TR grunts would do xD I loved it

- nice TR fighting music. As with the previous battle music, you just need a bit more melody to drive it forward. Good job Are you using pre-made samples that you put into your sequencer, or have you done some midi work too?

- LOL im getting all the cards wrong! Don't tell me TR is just joking with me? Ah lol got the zama-dogge correct. Also LOL at the wall staring grunt

- The way you are using "life of logan" as a title presentation in-between the events is interesting.

- your pokemon shouldn't be following you when all these cutscenes play, and you are seeing your own character as a voice, or clone. In some maps, you can see 3 logans, which doesn't make sense, so either get the follower back into the ball and make the player transparent by selecting move route > change opacity 0, or remove follower and extra logans

- Is the Surge battle actually winnable?

- nice levitating animation

- shouldnt mew2 be sympathetic to logan even more if logan2 is a clone, once it learns that?

- also, since both of your starters are either psychic or dark, shouldn't they be able to stop mewtwo from using psychic on the player and silver? Or is mew2 just too powerful? But then you wouldn't be able to show that sweet levitating animation xD

- Why not use one of your own themes for the vs wild theme? Since most of the music is your own

- I like the fact that I am not forced to go through the tall grass, there's plenty of space to maneuver

- due to the fact that the game is running at 60 fps, and you're using EBDX, none of the battles felt slow or sluggish to get through, and since the trainers don't have many mons, it was even better!

- I always love MissingNo easter eggs. But is the battle required to progress or is it just an easter egg? Does it lead to a different ending?

- exterior mapping is a bit on the big side, but it's generally of good quality

- wait are you supposed to be able to catch mew2? Can you run away from the battle too?

Bugs:

- You can get inbetween the furthest two trees on the right, and a few others

- overworld characters don't have shadows

- Pokemon aren't interactable, is this by design?

- when the character walks behind the trees, you can see his sprite for a few seconds. Maybe set all high-priority tiles to 3?

- the log on the right side of the lake is walkable, enabling you to progress further right and up, where some slight tile problems related to the trees seem to happen

- River of Rejuvenation "Rejuvination" typo

- Logan should look up before he starts his monologue while on the tile at the cave's entrance (you can see that if you were to walk towards the event from the right)

- Celadon city southwest side has visible void

- building shadows don't work correctly, they should be transparent, although I think some games do indeed use this style. In any case, you can try importing the tileset into RMXP via the resource import tab, and set the semi-transparent color by clicking the right click iirc (or was it the left?) on the black shadow. Make sure you are using the same color for each shadow beforehand though, and that you DON'T use that same color anywhere else (eg outlines)

- nurse joy can heal your pokemon even when you dont have any (use a switch post-elm interaction to have her say her normal dialogue, otherwise, while first page with no switch condition should simply say that the player doesnt have any mon she can heal)

- after you get your mon, and when talking to silver, silver says "Cedolan" instead of Celadon at first, then next sentence either logan or silver says it correctly as "celadon"

- small red building with blue roof next to the gym is missing its leftmost part of the roof.

- So does the Gym on its left hand-side again (a very small part)

- when logan enters the gym, he moves 1 more tile up than needed

- there's a couple of typos during Erika's post-battle dialogue. You can copy paste your text into a word editor, it can help you show which words have been incorrectly typed

- looks like the pokemon center isn't correctly placed on the tileset, it's door isnt center-aligned. Does that make it a Pokemon uncenter?..............................................................uh... sorry for the bad pun

- logan is using silver's sprite when they are in their hotel room talking (perhaps wait for the transition to finish before fading out the scene too soon?)

- there's no indication that the player cant leave their hotel room, so the player simply stays there bumping on the wall

- the beds in the hotel room have their lower parts priority above player, appearing as if they're levitating above the player's and NPCs head

- Silver does't turn to face down after the "hey get out of my bed and let me sleep" dialogue

- right hand side of Wasteland map has visible void. You can actually see it if you reach the last tree on the rightmost row comprising the "wall" of the right side, and try to pass through its middle tile

- if you try to enter the gym before you enter the rocket hideout, the player simply walks on top of, and through the entrance

- same problem as with Celadon's gym entrance, player walks 1 more tile up when entering rocket hideout

- "your" lucario instead of "you're" lucario

-steelix's sprite isn't animated

- walking towards the elevator makes the player walk 1 tile further again. Also, if you take the lift down, and then back up, logan's monologue talking about what kind of grunts he is encountering will play again

- losing message says that you are scurrying back to a pokemon center when you lose inside the HQ. Maybe change it so that if the game switch being inside the HQ is set to ON, there will be a different message, or change it in general

- I could actually get past the penultimate grunt before I'd reached the third floor after I lost to her (the mew card one_). That was because her position remained "close" to where the player was when he first passed in front of her. One way to get around this is to have a parallel event checking if the player has lost, and move all grunts to appropriate position, but this is just a minor bug (although it allows players to bypass lost battles)

- wobuffet sprite floats, quagsire too. Many mons aren't animated

- elevator to third floor walk 1 tile further issue again

- bed lower tile above player again in 3rd floor boss room

- taking the elevator from the 3rd to 2nd floor spawns you outside the elevator to the 1st floor!

- you can walk on the bottom rightmost "note" wall tile in the maze room, right as you start from the elevator go all the way right to find it

- Lt' Surge's dialogue after silver starts battling with him, shouldn't make him look towards you, set his Direction Fix to on in the event page

- battle background against archer has people looking over the fight (probs default EBDX stuff)

- Logan and silver should be facing each other once they're freed from mewtwo. Also, logan's animation shows him frozen on a "step forward" frame.

- Route 185 spawn point also spawns your follower one tile into the water. Spawn the player 1 tile down to fix this

- tall grass uses gen 3 sprites instead of gen 4

- "exploring routes is so much fun" instead of "exploring through routes are so much fun"

- I have noticed that all tree sprites that make a corner, have the righthand tree's middle tiles walkable. You are probably using way too large tree sprites, covering each other, and creating these issues

- why does EBDX say that an electric current runs through the battlefield when it's snowing on route 185? It spams it every turn

- pokemon center message when you lose in route 185 as well

- the right part of the ocrot sign is walkable

- if you say no to the first move-learn in-batle message in EBDX, it simply asks you again instead of confirming that you dont want to learn said move

- also, it should be raining in-battle on R185 right?

- the ledge that leads to celadon from 185 is cut short, perhaps have it move upwards like the other ledge before it?

- some tall grass tiles are missing their upper parts

- last cutscene transfer showing the building at celadon also shows your follower (while the player character is invisible), before the post-game is unlocked

- getting out of the game corner (at least in post-game) spawns you inside Erika's Gym!

Extra:

I've also played Ends 1 and at Aldo's Surge game, and you have definitely improved a lot since then. Good job! In my very personal opinion, your next story would benefit from more light themes and a more traditional pokemon style, (or something both pokemon and a bit different but in the same vein) try something that you are not used to, it can help you a lot! That said, you have a knack for using twists, the more games you make, the easier it will be to find a good balance and frequency for said twists in the future. Good luck with your next games! I'm looking forward to games made by both you and Aldo. To improve even more, try to mimick the dialogue pacing used in the standard pokemon games (though tbh except for some parts of gen 4 and gen5 there's not that much cutscene stuff going on in the official games).

Is the Crimson Project a teaser for the next game? And the Missingno?

Finally, it's always preferrable to make your own music instead of using any default music, so I applaud you for this decision. Keep making music for your future games if you can.

Strong Suite: Music, Atmospheric, Sound Design, Interior Mapping, Presentation, Cutscene Animation
Feel: Mysterious, Post-Apocalyptic, Gloomy

Last edited:

WolfTaiko

Ex-Ace Gamer
A story-driven adventure with good cutscene event animation, top-notch interior mapping, and a very pleasant original soundtrack

Thoughts:

- The music really does fit the game, it has this post-apocalyptic, yet serene feel to it

- good job on the atmospheric sounds

- is there a particular reason you show Giovanni and Silver a few tiles further up from the camera's center?

- the character sprites are really well done. Are they custom?

- minor nitpick: when people refer to having pokemon on their team, they usually say "with" me, rather than "on" me, "on me" suggests that pokemon are something beyond what's implied in the main series

- it'd be extra nice if Brian were to follow along with Logan before he goes on to break the boulder

- nice trick with the cave exit being walkable and part of it showing above the player, but larger sprites, like Brian's whose edges go beyond 1 tile, will show on either side

- Brian should be facing downwards right after silver revival

- nurse joy insta-heal without fade in and out is not conventional, but I like it, and prefer it to waiting for the screen to fade in and out

- interior mapping is really tight, well done

- elm's bookcases could do with fewer pokeballs (nitpick)

- I'm not sure if "release" is used in the games as in "take it out of its ball and walk with it", release is more frequently seen as a term for letting your pokemon go forever (could be wrong tho)

- I think that Game Corner's roof is a bit big generally speaking, and relative to the other buildings

- the battle music has a very good base on which you can build a melody and some accompaniment. Interested to see you further develop battle music in the future!

- gym interior looks great

- one question would be, how would Brian know that the gem can revive people, if there was actually no one else in that cave with him for years? He read about that somewhere in the past?

- tile choice is good

- it'd be best to make the sleeping event tile get activated on player touch (then make the player face down) instead of action button

- wasteland map lags a bit

- team rocket needs to work on subtlety indeed, lol it's always been that way with every game they were in xD

- interior mapping of hideout is good, well done

- maybe make the note sprites in rocket hideout stand out a bit more? With darker outlines?

- the "how you read a book" hint isn't technically correct, most languages read from top to bottom so the first number should be the top left note's, not the bottom left. Also it'd be more fun if all the notes were using the style of the bottom right note, since it's more cryptic and subtle than the others!

- are you transferred to a different map when you activate the entrance to the 2nd floor? because your follower pokemon goes glitchy for a second. You could use fade out and in, but then again I understand why you chose not to, it makes it feel more natural. Perhaps then put the follower mon back into its pokeball before you interact with the computer, and bring it back out after interaction (correct and incorrect input alike).

- lol the card thing before the fights sounds like something TR grunts would do xD I loved it

- nice TR fighting music. As with the previous battle music, you just need a bit more melody to drive it forward. Good job Are you using pre-made samples that you put into your sequencer, or have you done some midi work too?

- LOL im getting all the cards wrong! Don't tell me TR is just joking with me? Ah lol got the zama-dogge correct. Also LOL at the wall staring grunt

- The way you are using "life of logan" as a title presentation in-between the events is interesting.

- your pokemon shouldn't be following you when all these cutscenes play, and you are seeing your own character as a voice, or clone. In some maps, you can see 3 logans, which doesn't make sense, so either get the follower back into the ball and make the player transparent by selecting move route > change opacity 0, or remove follower and extra logans

- Is the Surge battle actually winnable?

- nice levitating animation

- shouldnt mew2 be sympathetic to logan even more if logan2 is a clone, once it learns that?

- also, since both of your starters are either psychic or dark, shouldn't they be able to stop mewtwo from using psychic on the player and silver? Or is mew2 just too powerful? But then you wouldn't be able to show that sweet levitating animation xD

- Why not use one of your own themes for the vs wild theme? Since most of the music is your own

- I like the fact that I am not forced to go through the tall grass, there's plenty of space to maneuver

- due to the fact that the game is running at 60 fps, and you're using EBDX, none of the battles felt slow or sluggish to get through, and since the trainers don't have many mons, it was even better!

- I always love MissingNo easter eggs. But is the battle required to progress or is it just an easter egg? Does it lead to a different ending?

- exterior mapping is a bit on the big side, but it's generally of good quality

- wait are you supposed to be able to catch mew2? Can you run away from the battle too?

Bugs:

- You can get inbetween the furthest two trees on the right, and a few others

- overworld characters don't have shadows

- Pokemon aren't interactable, is this by design?

- when the character walks behind the trees, you can see his sprite for a few seconds. Maybe set all high-priority tiles to 3?

- the log on the right side of the lake is walkable, enabling you to progress further right and up, where some slight tile problems related to the trees seem to happen

- River of Rejuvenation "Rejuvination" typo

- Logan should look up before he starts his monologue while on the tile at the cave's entrance (you can see that if you were to walk towards the event from the right)

- Celadon city southwest side has visible void

- building shadows don't work correctly, they should be transparent, although I think some games do indeed use this style. In any case, you can try importing the tileset into RMXP via the resource import tab, and set the semi-transparent color by clicking the right click iirc (or was it the left?) on the black shadow. Make sure you are using the same color for each shadow beforehand though, and that you DON'T use that same color anywhere else (eg outlines)

- nurse joy can heal your pokemon even when you dont have any (use a switch post-elm interaction to have her say her normal dialogue, otherwise, while first page with no switch condition should simply say that the player doesnt have any mon she can heal)

- after you get your mon, and when talking to silver, silver says "Cedolan" instead of Celadon at first, then next sentence either logan or silver says it correctly as "celadon"

- small red building with blue roof next to the gym is missing its leftmost part of the roof.

- So does the Gym on its left hand-side again (a very small part)

- when logan enters the gym, he moves 1 more tile up than needed

- there's a couple of typos during Erika's post-battle dialogue. You can copy paste your text into a word editor, it can help you show which words have been incorrectly typed

- looks like the pokemon center isn't correctly placed on the tileset, it's door isnt center-aligned. Does that make it a Pokemon uncenter?..............................................................uh... sorry for the bad pun

- logan is using silver's sprite when they are in their hotel room talking (perhaps wait for the transition to finish before fading out the scene too soon?)

- there's no indication that the player cant leave their hotel room, so the player simply stays there bumping on the wall

- the beds in the hotel room have their lower parts priority above player, appearing as if they're levitating above the player's and NPCs head

- Silver does't turn to face down after the "hey get out of my bed and let me sleep" dialogue

- right hand side of Wasteland map has visible void. You can actually see it if you reach the last tree on the rightmost row comprising the "wall" of the right side, and try to pass through its middle tile

- if you try to enter the gym before you enter the rocket hideout, the player simply walks on top of, and through the entrance

- same problem as with Celadon's gym entrance, player walks 1 more tile up when entering rocket hideout

- "your" lucario instead of "you're" lucario

-steelix's sprite isn't animated

- walking towards the elevator makes the player walk 1 tile further again. Also, if you take the lift down, and then back up, logan's monologue talking about what kind of grunts he is encountering will play again

- losing message says that you are scurrying back to a pokemon center when you lose inside the HQ. Maybe change it so that if the game switch being inside the HQ is set to ON, there will be a different message, or change it in general

- I could actually get past the penultimate grunt before I'd reached the third floor after I lost to her (the mew card one_). That was because her position remained "close" to where the player was when he first passed in front of her. One way to get around this is to have a parallel event checking if the player has lost, and move all grunts to appropriate position, but this is just a minor bug (although it allows players to bypass lost battles)

- wobuffet sprite floats, quagsire too. Many mons aren't animated

- elevator to third floor walk 1 tile further issue again

- bed lower tile above player again in 3rd floor boss room

- taking the elevator from the 3rd to 2nd floor spawns you outside the elevator to the 1st floor!

- you can walk on the bottom rightmost "note" wall tile in the maze room, right as you start from the elevator go all the way right to find it

- Lt' Surge's dialogue after silver starts battling with him, shouldn't make him look towards you, set his Direction Fix to on in the event page

- battle background against archer has people looking over the fight (probs default EBDX stuff)

- Logan and silver should be facing each other once they're freed from mewtwo. Also, logan's animation shows him frozen on a "step forward" frame.

- Route 185 spawn point also spawns your follower one tile into the water. Spawn the player 1 tile down to fix this

- tall grass uses gen 3 sprites instead of gen 4

- "exploring routes is so much fun" instead of "exploring through routes are so much fun"

- I have noticed that all tree sprites that make a corner, have the righthand tree's middle tiles walkable. You are probably using way too large tree sprites, covering each other, and creating these issues

- why does EBDX say that an electric current runs through the battlefield when it's snowing on route 185? It spams it every turn

- pokemon center message when you lose in route 185 as well

- the right part of the ocrot sign is walkable

- if you say no to the first move-learn in-batle message in EBDX, it simply asks you again instead of confirming that you dont want to learn said move

- also, it should be raining in-battle on R185 right?

- the ledge that leads to celadon from 185 is cut short, perhaps have it move upwards like the other ledge before it?

- some tall grass tiles are missing their upper parts

- last cutscene transfer showing the building at celadon also shows your follower (while the player character is invisible), before the post-game is unlocked

- getting out of the game corner (at least in post-game) spawns you inside Erika's Gym!

Extra:

I've also played Ends 1 and at Aldo's Surge game, and you have definitely improved a lot since then. Good job! In my very personal opinion, your next story would benefit from more light themes and a more traditional pokemon style, (or something both pokemon and a bit different but in the same vein) try something that you are not used to, it can help you a lot! That said, you have a knack for using twists, the more games you make, the easier it will be to find a good balance and frequency for said twists in the future. Good luck with your next games! I'm looking forward to games made by both you and Aldo. To improve even more, try to mimick the dialogue pacing used in the standard pokemon games (though tbh except for some parts of gen 4 and gen5 there's not that much cutscene stuff going on in the official games).

Is the Crimson Project a teaser for the next game? And the Missingno?

Finally, it's always preferrable to make your own music instead of using any default music, so I applaud you for this decision. Keep making music for your future games if you can.

Strong Suite: Music, Atmospheric, Sound Design, Interior Mapping, Presentation, Cutscene Animation
Feel: Mysterious, Post-Apocalyptic, Gloomy
Thanks for the review! I'll try to fix all the bugs as soon as I can and release a new update. I'm going to try to address the things you stated here.
Mewtwo is sympathetic to Logantwo, it's mainly they have conflicting views on humans which puts them in conflict. So Mewtwo cares more for Logantwo than for instance Silver, but since Logantwo is protecting Silver, there's a conflict that can't be settled with words. I have a plan for the next story, which is not Ends 3, which is more light-hearted and in the pokemon style... it may have to do with Rayquaza... I do agree with the twists happening very frequently since I took lots of breaks it seemed more normal for me, but it can be a lot if you sit down and play it all at once. Also, I can say the Crimson Project is a tease for the next games(True Destiny, previously mentioned game, etc.) and it's a big thing going forward so it is a tease... MissingNo may or may not be a tease... you'll just have to see.
Thanks for the review!

AenaonDogsky

Arbiter of Doggos
Thanks for the review! I'll try to fix all the bugs as soon as I can and release a new update. I'm going to try to address the things you stated here.
Mewtwo is sympathetic to Logantwo, it's mainly they have conflicting views on humans which puts them in conflict. So Mewtwo cares more for Logantwo than for instance Silver, but since Logantwo is protecting Silver, there's a conflict that can't be settled with words. I have a plan for the next story, which is not Ends 3, which is more light-hearted and in the pokemon style... it may have to do with Rayquaza... I do agree with the twists happening very frequently since I took lots of breaks it seemed more normal for me, but it can be a lot if you sit down and play it all at once. Also, I can say the Crimson Project is a tease for the next games(True Destiny, previously mentioned game, etc.) and it's a big thing going forward so it is a tease... MissingNo may or may not be a tease... you'll just have to see.
Thanks for the review!
You are welcome!

Oh, I get it now
actually I had what you said happen to me too, with the breaks. Twists happening frequently is not really a problem imo, since a jam game is small by default, so nobody really has the time to flesh out a big story, it's also a good indication of being able to think of good plots, so no worries. As for mew2 and logan2s themes, I liked that they were different in that way - in an attempt to prove to the world that mew2 was something more of a clone, it instead only brought destruction (hence not making any point in its favor), while logan2s actions showed he was something more of a clone. I was kinda sad Silver treated him that harshly in the end especially given the fact that it was logan2 that beat mewtwo and not Silver

Ickle

Trainer
hey is it normal that buildings look like this (caves also look like this btw)
1630691249823.png

WolfTaiko

Ex-Ace Gamer
hey is it normal that buildings look like this (caves also look like this btw)
View attachment 6637
Buildings should not look like this. My guess is that the tileset isn't loading. In Pokemon Ends 2 v1.2\Graphics\Tilesets is there an image called MewTheMega Kyle-Dove Magiscarf Pablus94 Princess Phoenix Zeo254? My guess is that you unzipped it incorrectly. If it's not in there it wasn't done unzipping.

Ickle

Trainer
Buildings should not look like this. My guess is that the tileset isn't loading. In Pokemon Ends 2 v1.2\Graphics\Tilesets is there an image called MewTheMega Kyle-Dove Magiscarf Pablus94 Princess Phoenix Zeo254? My guess is that you unzipped it incorrectly. If it's not in there it wasn't done unzipping.
no its there

WolfTaiko

Ex-Ace Gamer
Version 1.3 is out!
Hopefully the last version, but you never know.
Fixed the background sometimes appearing snowy in Route 185 hopefully, I fixed a lot of typos and fixing a bed priority issue.

Rizack

Rookie
I have teh same problem as Ickle, most buildings have a green and black background (and i have the file in tilesets that you asked to check)
I'll have to use the password you wrote since i don't know where to go in the rocket prism building
EDIT
managed to get to the forth floor but don't know what to do with the electric things, the only things i have found are something that say "huh, there's nothing here"

Last edited:
Back