• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Discussion when did you get into pokemon

This thread invites discussion. Be respectful, but feel free to share your opinions.

Ciercy

Rookie
Weee first post. Anyway...

I got into Pokemon with the original English releases of Pokemon Red and Blue on the Gameboy. It was a love ever since. But I didn't really get into it seriously until I bought a 3DS for ORAS so I could prep for SM/USUM. I've been extremely steady and serious since. Not so much as to enter competitions or anything, but I'm getting there.

Mega Greninja

Professional Amateur Creator
tell us when you got into pokemon
i got into pokemon back in mystery dungeon explores of time days it was my 1st pokemon game i got then i play peal and soul silver and black and white then x and y then omega ruby and sun and ultra sun then lets go eevee and sword so i been a part since the good old days
First Pokemon Games I ever got my hands on were Pokemon Black 2, Pokemon Conquest and a Mystery Dungeon game (don't remember which one tho). I was about 7-9 years old, but I already loved pokemon from watching the anime. After playing on the DS for some time, my father taught me about emulators and only then did I start playing the GBC and GBA games. Black 2 still remains my favorite tho, not only for nostalgia, but beacause looking back at it, its one of the most well refined pokemon games out there.

Bootsy

Rookie
when I was 6 I got my grandma's old teal ds and a copy of SoulSilver sadly, I lost the game cartridge and broke the ds but I've discovered rom hacks.

neoncityrain

Trans and proud
I got a copy of Sapphire back when it came out on the Gameboy. I couldn't read what was going on all the time, much less understand it, but I nearly hit level 100, so who's the real winner?

Reedson

Rookie
I played Pokemon diamond before I could even read, I got stuck at Floroma Town but somehow ended up becoming a huge Pokemon fan.

ismailmario

Rookie
I didn't get to play untill gen 3 (finally old enough to go on a Pokemon journey!! 😄) but it was still really fun 192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 being able to keep pace in conversations with the gamers by only watching the TV show.

Last edited:

Paulypus

Programming without really knowing what I'm doing
Absolute first Pokémon game I played was Black (the first one)

Yoyoslol

Rookie
i got introduced to it when i got a 3ds and had myself a pokemon omega ruby

Radio_Liminoid

Rookie
Pokemon Red, '99. It was my present for my 9th birthday as well as an apology/consolation prize for having to move to a new state. Changed my life. I had no friends for years afterwards and got bullied relentlessly, but Pokemon made me feel like I had friends and a sense of control in my life. I've been playing ever since.

A.I.R

From a separated Universe
Well, i really can't exactly remember it. When I was almost 4 or 5 years old I saw some episodes of Pokemon which were dubbed into hindi. But because of an unknown reason that tv channel disappeared and Pokemon disappeared from life. But, however, I found a Pokemon Rom Hack when I was surfing the Internet, but I didn’t knew how to patch those roms,so i played Fire Red and HeartGold.(of course emulation,i never found a pokemon console or cartridge in my courntry,until thise online shop came and i really cant trust them)And after i bought my laptop i played other 2nd and 5th gen games. Then I found a interest on pokemon anime movies whic was mewtwo strikes back. But i suddenly stoped only watching movies and started to watch the whole anime. When i was in yhe 5th season ash's farewell was announced and i started rushing so i watched Journeys and master journeys in 3 days which was unbelievable to me.(then i jumped into the world of essentials) Then i stated to was chronogically again and now in season 14. (Sorry for that looooong story).........

Enigma

Certified lonely
I seem so young lmao. I got into Pokemon when I was like 9 or 10. I watched episodes of the Pokemon Anime on youtube with those huge ass borders and loved it. My first main series game was Pokemon Moon, which came out when I was in year 6 (10 years old), but technically, the first Pokemon game I played was Project Pokemon on roblox.

Munit

Novice
When pokemon yellow came out. My parents bought it for me with a Gameboy color. I remember being so confused on how to best Brock, a friend in the neighborhood I played outside with taught me a lot lol

MagickaHat

The Wickedest Witch of the West
I got into Pokèmon around the same time the XY anime was airing on Cartoon Network (real ones remember having to get up at unreasonable times!!). The reason why was because the cool kids in my 1st grade class kept gushing about it, and my school even banned Pokemon cards that year prior making it inherently more exotic(?) to my child brain xD

ican3931

Rookie
Got into pokemon around when Alpha Sapphire came out, because it was the first game I remember playing. Then I got Sun, then Y, then LOST Y and got shield. Then I got another copy of Y, then got Violet. Good times.

Back