• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Entertainment If you were to give yourself a Trainer Class, what would it be? (custom ones allowed)

0maeWaM0uShindeiru

Novice
I can start us out.

Since I prefer to use under-utilized mons here lately, and regarding my Rain Castform/Cherrim/Magcargo/Garbodor/non-Mega Sableye/Klefki preference team as a would-be NPC Trainer, I dont feel like I fit any canon Trainer class except the same one the protagonists and the NPC Trainer Red have, but to me that sounds boring. So...

Instead, I have come up with what I call the Underdog Trainer Class, which is similar to Ace Trainers and everyday Pokemon Trainers except they only use under-utilized mons like what my team is, and in addition, Underdogs never utilize Megas. This definitely feels like it fits me; I tend to be the underdog in a LOT of situations, and sometimes I DO avoid using Megas.

Now, anyone who is willing, send your replies below, and optionally provide your preferred team as a would-be NPC Trainer of said Trainer Class.

Last edited:

Amari Skye

Novice
My trainer class: Ability Advocate
Pokémon that I'd use: I wouldn't use a specific theme of Pokémon for all of my teams, but rather teams themed around a certain ability, as abilities are probably my second favorite Pokémon mechanic, right behind regional variants.
Some examples of teams include:
Sharpedo (M)
Ability: Rough Skin
Level: 48
Jolly Nature
  • Liquidation
  • Crunch
  • Ice Fang
  • Focus Energy

Druddigon (M)
Adamant Nature
  • Hone Claws
  • Dragon Claw
  • Crunch
  • Iron Head

Garchomp (M)
Jolly Nature
  • Dragon Claw
  • Crunch
  • Bulldoze
  • Slash

Patrat (M)
Ability: Analytic
Level: 14
Brave Nature
  • Tackle
  • Bite
  • Leer
  • Sand Attack

Porygon @ Oran Berry
Level: 15
Quiet Nature
  • Swift
  • Thunder Shock
  • Recycle
  • Magnet Rise

0maeWaM0uShindeiru

Novice
My trainer class: Ability Advocate
Pokémon that I'd use: I wouldn't use a specific theme of Pokémon for all of my teams, but rather teams themed around a certain ability, as abilities are probably my second favorite Pokémon mechanic, right behind regional variants.
Some examples of teams include:
Sharpedo (M)
Jolly Nature
  • Liquidation
  • Crunch
  • Ice Fang
  • Focus Energy

Druddigon (M)
Adamant Nature
  • Hone Claws
  • Dragon Claw
  • Crunch
  • Iron Head

Garchomp (M)
Jolly Nature
  • Dragon Claw
  • Crunch
  • Bulldoze
  • Slash

Patrat (M)
Level: 14
Brave Nature
  • Tackle
  • Bite
  • Leer
  • Sand Attack

Porygon @ Oran Berry
Level: 15
Quiet Nature
  • Swift
  • Thunder Shock
  • Recycle
  • Magnet Rise
Ability Advocate sounds really neat. I am excited to see what others come up with.

Rosamond

Rookie
If I were to make a custom trainer class for myself, it would be along the lines of
Dame or
Signora or maybe
Colleen
(All of them basically mean lady in some language or the other but they're just very beautiful words)

ShiroSky

Rookie
Well, tbh if I had to choose a gimmick like npc trainers in pokemon games I'd probably end up with grass themed teams( but wouldn't want to be anything like the aroma ladies and other grass themes npcs) but to make it interesting probably go and claim a catnip themes so I'd have a mix of cat pokemon and grass pokemon( My team would probably end up like Breeloom, Skiddo/gogoat, fomantis/lurantis, Flapple, litleo/pyroar(female),Shinx/luxio/luxray,meowstic(male), and liepard in rotation-I'd say a starter like rowlet,turtwig or snivy but let's be honest it'd be highly unlikely for a random person to get a starter(game verse, the anime makes it seem so much easier).( I do also love liligant and other grass types but already had 8 pokemon instead of six -_-)

Astefia

Cooltrainer
In one mood, I will be a Pixie Girl / Fae Fan - dressed up like a mix of Kimono Girl and Tinkerbell and using Ribombee and Azumarill as my aces.
In another, I will be the Music Maniac and use the team built around sound based moves and abilities, maybe an Echoed Voice team.

Back