• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Recruiting Pokémon Bruh exists and is recruiting!

This thread's author is looking for long-term team members.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dankE_

Featuring dankE from the Devil May CryTM series.
Interested in Pokémon Bruh? Join the brand new public Discord server!

Pokémon Bruh: A meme game with polish!
logo.png

ahah yes an oddly shmexy logo for such a weird game!

Woah! Surprised to see you here! My name is dankE and I'm the lead dev of this oddity known as Pokémon Bruh. Pokémon Bruh is being developed in RPG Maker XP, using Pokémon Essentials v19 along with various other plugins. Here's some stuff about our game:

Unique Features:
  • Roughly 40 stupid and pointless types (Gun, Banana, Trash to name a few)
  • Ridiculous and high-quality Fakemon
  • A brand new "Guardian" system that replaces the Gym Challenge.
  • Witty dialogue and an all around bogus adventure!

The Goal:
Our goal with Pokémon Bruh is to create a high-quality fangame with sarcastic meme humor that parodies the likes of the mainline games. A lot of fangames are either overly edgy or too shitposty and our goal is to create a Hannah Montana best of both worlds.

The Story:
introJoeMama.png

Above is JOE_MAMA.exe, the professor/rival of the DeezNutz region. He doesn't seem to be from this world...
Traverse the DeezNutz Region to collect all 8 Guardian Badges all the while stopping Team UnPog, who want to destroy everything pog in the world! This of course, is an oversimplification of the story. I don't want to bore you with every little detail lmao

The Fakemon:
theboys.jpg

The starters of Pokémon Bruh. Very handsome lads indeed.
(Woodalop is my favorite, but don't tell the other ones that)

Part of what sets this game apart from other meme games in the genre is the top-notch Fakemon! Above are Woodalop; the Grass/Wood rocking horse, Crabsaicin; the Fire/Trash crab and ______; the Water/Gun sniper fish.

oh wait. we still need to name the water starter.... we could use some help with that sort of thing...

aaaand that's the perfect segue into our next topic!

Help Wanted:

Oh yeah! That was the reason why I made this in the first place. Currently, our team is working hard to create a demo for this game. But, we need your help to do it! That's right! You!

We currently need:
  • Artist - Can either draw Fakemon and/or Humans
  • Fakemon Spriters
  • Tileset Spriters
  • Mappers
  • OW/In-Battle Trainer Spriters
  • Composers
[Note that once the demo is completed we will start recruiting Beta Testers! We are currently not interested in Beta Testers, but we will be soon. Stay tuned for more info on that later on.]

You can contact me using:
  • Discord: DM dankE#4188 (I will respond much faster if you contact me through Discord)
  • Relic Castle: Either respond to this form or DM me​
  • Make sure to state what position you'd like to fill along with some examples of previous work!​

Because we don't have a demo yet, (that's why we're recruiting after all) I sadly don't have too much gameplay stuff to show off. But bellow is some examples of BETA assets.

1624401294085.png
1624401329292.png
1624401369613.png
1624401591186.png

And with that, thanks for reading and I hope to speak with you soon!
~dankE

Interested in Pokémon Bruh? Join the brand new public Discord server!

Last edited:

Sploopo

get real
I already love this game for having the "Gun" type.
I'll probably be up for beta testing once that exists, and might also be up for funny composing

Last edited:

dankE_

I already love this game for having the "Gun" type.
I'll probably be up for beta testing once that exists, and might also be up for funny composing
Sounds great! Contact me on discord and I can send you the server link.

0maeWaM0uShindeiru

Novice
Yknow what?
I would play this game just because of the Gun-type, when I saw that I had the "For his Neutral Special, he wields a gun." quote in my head man.
Totally up to beta test when a beta is ready. Seems like it may be fun, even if it does end up with a lot of new types; I am a very open-minded individual after all, plus I could use the experiene to help with what to do and what not to when I make my own meme game in the future.

Last edited:

dankE_

Yknow what?
I would play this game just because of the Gun-type, when I saw that I had the "For his Neutral Special, he wields a gun." quote in my head man.
Totally up to beta test when a beta is ready. Seems like it may be fun, even if it does end up with a lot of new types; I am a very open-minded individual after all, plus I could use the experiene to help with what to do and what not to when I make my own meme game in the future.
Nice, I'll let you know when we start looking for testers😄

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back