• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Random Pokémon selector

Resource Random Pokémon selector 1.0.1

ThatWelshOne_

Champion
ThatWelshOne_ submitted a new resource:

Random Pokémon selector - Add some fun to your game with random gift Pokémon!

Another small, yet fun, script from me. This time, a means of giving the player a random Pokémon, mainly created with the starter selection event in mind, but it can work whenever the player is given a gift Pokémon. I thought it might be fun for the player to have a fourth, random option when picking their starter!

Features
  • As customisable as you want to make it.
  • Specify "white list" of Pokémon from which to choose.
  • Specify "black list" of Pokémon to be...

Read more about this resource...

CParks

Rookie
This seems like a really nice plugin, but I'm running into a strange issue.

At the start of my game, there are 3 balls for random starters using the suggested random settings. It has nuzlocke rules so when your pokemon faints, i is removed from the party, and when you black out you start over. After starting over, it sets the Choosing Starter switch on. Of the 3 Pokeballs, one of them always becomes an Ivysaur. It's weird that it's always the same Pokemon, and also not a base Pokemon. Any thoughts on how this happens?

ThatWelshOne_

Champion
This seems like a really nice plugin, but I'm running into a strange issue.

At the start of my game, there are 3 balls for random starters using the suggested random settings. It has nuzlocke rules so when your pokemon faints, i is removed from the party, and when you black out you start over. After starting over, it sets the Choosing Starter switch on. Of the 3 Pokeballs, one of them always becomes an Ivysaur. It's weird that it's always the same Pokemon, and also not a base Pokemon. Any thoughts on how this happens?
Are you using a plugin to have those nuzlocke rules? If so, there might be a compatibility issue worth looking into.

CParks

Rookie
1628902079809.png

tyssonpark

Novice
Bro, i Love your plugin, but even when i selected "suggested" still comming legendary pokemon, you have some idea about it?

pkmn = pbChooseRandomPokemon
pbGenerateEgg(pkmn)
(whiteList=nil,
blackList="suggested",
addList=nil,
base_only=true,
use_gen=nil)

(on the print, the egg generate a Entei LOL) The same happens with the code: pkmn = pbChooseRandomPokemon(

tyssonpark

Novice
You’ve put the arguments in the wrong place. They need to be with pbChooseRandomPokemon, like in the examples. You can’t just put arguments anywhere in a script, the game reads line-by-line.
I don't know if I got it wrong, but I used the copied code identical to the example and still came legendary pokemon

tyssonpark

Novice
pkmn = pbChooseRandomPokemon(
whiteList=nil,
blackList="suggested",
addList=nil,
base_only=true,
use_gen=nil)

<< i used this, exactly how you post with example, and give me a tapu fini XD

ThatWelshOne_

Champion
TY, you are awesome
I've run over 5000 replicates using your code and not once did a legendary Pokémon appear. Unless I'm just exceedingly unlucky, I don't understand how you are seeing legendary Pokémon.
The only thing that could cause a problem is the quotation marks around "suggested". Here's the exact code I ran:
Ruby:
pkmn = pbChooseRandomPokemon(
whiteList=nil,
blackList="suggested",
addList=nil,
base_only=true,
use_gen=nil)

tyssonpark

Novice
i wana tried :3 said me, dont need edit nothing in the plugin ? i just dowloaded

wow, now i think its work (?????????) LOL, thank you BRO

Back