• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Challenge Rules in a normal Battle

Bergium

Bergium#0216
Is there a way to have Ruleset for normal battle-like
fx ItemClause or StandardRestriction into the battle

I would like to have it for an area like the elite four, or a random trainer would battle you but only if you meet the ruleset.
Without it is a random battler like in the battle frontier

ThatWelshOne_

Champion
Yes, this is possible. Before the battle is called, you can use a conditional branch to check whatever you want about the player's party. For example, there's pbHasSpecies?(species, form) pre-v19 or $Trainer.has_species?(species, form) in v19 to check whether the player has a certain species in their party. You could use that in your conditional branch to disallow certain species. You might need to create a new method if you want to ban a list of species rather than just the one, I think.

I'm not aware of a similar method for checking held items, but it should be straightforward to create a method that checks the party for certain items/duplicate items.

You could, instead, look at the Battle Frontier scripts, as I'm sure those have methods for exactly this, if you know where to find those.

Bergium

Bergium#0216
I was more look for a way to apply a set of rules From the list "Challenge_Rulesets" for example "class LittleCup < PokemonRuleSet"
so when is start the trainer battle the "pbLittleCupRules" Would be at applied to that battle
I have the Selection of making a party for an area, so you enter a zone with the selected team and items, but I would like the Cup rules would be applied to the battle.

Back