• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Vendily's Evolve During Battle

Resource Vendily's Evolve During Battle N/A

TechSkylander1518 submitted a new resource:

Zeak6464's Evolve During Battle - Player's Pokemon can evolve mid-battle!

This is just an update of Zeak6464's script for current Essentials! If a Pokemon meets the conditions for evolution during battle, they'll evolve right after levelling up instead of after the battle!

In Battle_ExpAndMoveLearning, find this line:

Ruby:
      moveList.each { |m| pbLearnMove(idxParty,m[1]) if m[0]==curLevel }

Right after that, paste this:

Ruby:

Read more about this resource...

CYpCYp77

Rookie
Thanks the script works pretty great, but there is a small issue. The Pokemon learns moves upon evolution, however the new moves do not register until after the battle is over.

So for example, if my Wimpod evolved mid battle into Golisopod and learned First Impression, you would not be able to use First Impression in the same battle. You would have to wait until afterwards and the next battle to use it. Is there a way around this or script that needs to be added/tweaked to have it so the new moves are usable mid battle?

Thank you in advance!

Thanks the script works pretty great, but there is a small issue. The Pokemon learns moves upon evolution, however the new moves do not register until after the battle is over.

So for example, if my Wimpod evolved mid battle into Golisopod and learned First Impression, you would not be able to use First Impression in the same battle. You would have to wait until afterwards and the next battle to use it. Is there a way around this or script that needs to be added/tweaked to have it so the new moves are usable mid battle?

Thank you in advance!
Huh, that's strange, thanks for catching that! I think I've got a fix now!

SebastiaanZ

Trainer
I don't know why but while I followed your instructions exactly, the Pokemon doesn't evolve during the battle. I am on v18.1 and I did change the first two lines as per the instructions. Am I missing something?

EDIT:
Nevermind! Figured out what went wrong.

Last edited:

GalarianZapdos

Novice
I don't know why but while I followed your instructions exactly, the Pokemon doesn't evolve during the battle. I am on v18.1 and I did change the first two lines as per the instructions. Am I missing something?

EDIT:
Nevermind! Figured out what went wrong.
Hi, I used this script on pokecommunity.
It works for me on 18.1

SebastiaanZ

Trainer
Yeah but it works now. The only thing I need to figure out is how to fix an error that has to do with the additional level cap script of Golisopod User. It says it has an issue with "moves".

Soracion

Lurker
I'm so confused. If I copy/paste as instructed I get a syntax error for an unexpected end-of-input. If I add an 'end' to fix the syntax error though then the script works up until evolution, in which case using any move on the pokemon that evolved leads to an infinite error loop until that move runs out of PP.

I'm so confused. If I copy/paste as instructed I get a syntax error for an unexpected end-of-input. If I add an 'end' to fix the syntax error though then the script works up until evolution, in which case using any move on the pokemon that evolved leads to an infinite error loop until that move runs out of PP.
You're definitely right to have added in that end, that was a mistake on my end when copy+pasting it in! And the latter issue's also a mistake on my end- I got my classes crossed and thought there was an instance variable for @battle. Just change the @battle to self and it should work!

OI_810

Yo!
So here's an error report and some feedback, the error stated above by @Soracion where "using any move on the pokemon that evolved leads to an infinite error loop until that move runs out of PP." didn't happen to me, but there is an error I would like to report. If the pokemon you want to evolve during battle isn't battling and evolves with exp due to exp share or having battled before, there is an error but the game doesn't crash. I used a level 15 Charmander for this experiment so please see if you can replicate this.

So here's an error report and some feedback, the error stated above by @Soracion where "using any move on the pokemon that evolved leads to an infinite error loop until that move runs out of PP." didn't happen to me, but there is an error I would like to report. If the pokemon you want to evolve during battle isn't battling and evolves with exp due to exp share or having battled before, there is an error but the game doesn't crash. I used a level 15 Charmander for this experiment so please see if you can replicate this.
Ah, good catch! I forgot a conditional to make sure the Pokemon was actually in the battle, it should be fixed now!

OI_810

Yo!
I'll check and report back.

EDIT: It works, nice!!

Last edited:

Soracion

Lurker
Ah, good catch! I forgot a conditional to make sure the Pokemon was actually in the battle, it should be fixed now!
After pasting in the new code everything seems to work now, no more infinite loops, although I did have to add in another 'end' again lol

Cross Agento

Novice
This resource is really cool and I've liked using it, but there's one small issue: After a Pokemon evolves and you leave the battle, the current area's music completely stops. I'm not sure if this has to do with my other plugins, but if you leave the area and come back, the music comes back.

This resource is really cool and I've liked using it, but there's one small issue: After a Pokemon evolves and you leave the battle, the current area's music completely stops. I'm not sure if this has to do with my other plugins, but if you leave the area and come back, the music comes back.
Hm, it does seem to be an issue with this resource, thanks for catching that! Right now, I think the best solution I'm finding is to go to PokeBattle_Scene, and in def pbEndBattle(_result), add $game_map.autoplay. (I'll update the post with these instructions as well)

Allelujah

Rookie
Hello, I might be having a dumb moment, or blind, or both, but i cant seem to find out where to download the script? Or do I have to download the original and then make the changes listed on the front page?

Allelujah

Rookie
No download at all, just follow the instructions in the overview page!
Alrighty :D Will do. If I can get this to work, it will be a game changer for sure lol. I always thought it stupid that you couldnt evolve during battles in the originals lol.

Edit: Got it working like a charm. Super excited about this feature now lol.

Last edited:
Back