• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource [v16/v17/v18/v19/v20/v21] Cable Club 3.7

Vendily

Elite Trainer
I did not. I replaced the files and now it seems to be working but it still writes a lot of SPEEDBOOST and STANCECHANGE to all of my pokemon
As in it's giving an invalid ability error in the logs? or the processor script putting it in server_pokemon.txt? Because if you mean the latter, it just means one of the forms (if not the base form), has that ability one way or another. The script doesn't care about what kind of form it is, if it finds it in the provided files, it groups that information with the rest.

Jukes

Cooltrainer
It also seems to for whatever reason completely ignore my custom Abilities for any pokemon that use them.

Jukes

Cooltrainer
As in it's giving an invalid ability error in the logs? or the processor script putting it in server_pokemon.txt? Because if you mean the latter, it just means one of the forms (if not the base form), has that ability one way or another. The script doesn't care about what kind of form it is, if it finds it in the provided files, it groups that information with the rest.
I can assure you that they do not have Stance change or Speed boost in any way. That is the last two abilities of the final pokemon in my pokemon.txt.

Vendily

Elite Trainer
I can assure you that they do not have Stance change or Speed boost in any way. That is the last two abilities of the final pokemon in my pokemon.txt.
So every mon has those two abilities despite not being defined in pokemon.txt (or pokemonforms.txt) like that?
What does the last mon in pokemon.txt look like? though it's not supposed to do that unless a form has those abilities (I tested this extensively). Abilities aren't shared across evolines.

Mind that I misremembered, the ability check only checks if the ability the mon has is defined at all. there is a "strict check" that's commented out that checks against server_pokemon.txt.

Jukes

Cooltrainer
this:
Expand Collapse Copy
#-------------------------------
[NETHEWRATH]
Name = Nethewrath
Types = GHOST,FIGHTING
BaseStats = 115,145,90,135,110,90
GenderRatio = Genderless
GrowthRate = Slow
BaseExp = 340
EVs = ATTACK,3
CatchRate = 3
Happiness = 0
Abilities = SPEEDBOOST
HiddenAbilities = STANCECHANGE
Moves = 1,LEER,1,ASTONISH,1,DOUBLETEAM,10,SHADOWSNEAK,20,COUNTER,25,NIGHTSLASH,16,PSYCHOCUT,24,SAFEGUARD,30,SWORDSDANCE,35,SHADOWCLAW,40,PHANTOMFORCE,45,CLOSECOMBAT,55,RAGEFIST,60,SPIRITBLADE
TutorMoves = DRAINPUNCH,FEINT,VACUUMWAVE,BULLETPUNCH,TACKLE,HELPINGHAND,FAKEOUT,FOCUSENERGY,MACHPUNCH,POWERUPPUNCH,DETECT,REVENGE,QUICKGUARD,THUNDERPUNCH,ICEPUNCH,FIREPUNCH,AGILITY,MEGAPUNCH,CLOSECOMBAT,COUNTER,FOCUSPUNCH,ATTRACT,BRICKBREAK,BULKUP,BULLDOZE,DOUBLETEAM,EARTHQUAKE,ENDURE,FACADE,FLING,FOCUSBLAST,LOWSWEEP,PROTECT,RAINDANCE,REST,ROCKCLIMB,ROCKSLIDE,ROCKSMASH,ROCKTOMB,SLEEPTALK,STONEEDGE,STRENGTH,SUBSTITUTE,SUNNYDAY,SWAGGER,THIEF,WORKUP,COACHING,AURASPHERE,BODYSLAM,GIGAIMPACT,HEX,NIGHTSHADE,STOMPINGTANTRUM,SWIFT,TAKEDOWN,TAUNT,THUNDERWAVE,TERABLAST
EggGroups = Undiscovered
HatchSteps = 30720
Height = 2.0
Weight = 128.0
Color = Purple
Shape = Bipedal
Habitat = Rare
Category = Genetic
Pokedex = A Pokémon that was created by genetic manipulation. However, even though the scientific power of humans made its body, they failed to give it a warm heart.
FormName = Offensive Stance
Generation = 10
Flags = NETHEWRATH
#--------------------------------

Jukes

Cooltrainer
I can also confirm that I changed the abilities for netherwrath to poopypants and Errorhere and they both presented in the server_pokemon.txt file

Vendily

Elite Trainer
I can also confirm that I changed the abilities for netherwrath to poopypants and Errorhere and they both presented in the server_pokemon.txt file
Is it every mon, or just some of them that get these weird abilities?
I'm trying to think of why this may happen, as it never happened in testing.
Do any of your mons have no abilities defined?

Jukes

Cooltrainer
No, I seem to have found the issue. (i think)

Only pokemon with forms are getting this issue. (I.e Mega evolutions, Regional forms.)

I think the issue is that fspecies isnt being called in joining the abilities so it takes the last two abilities and copies them whereever a form is.

Vendily

Elite Trainer
No, I seem to have found the issue. (i think)

Only pokemon with forms are getting this issue. (I.e Mega evolutions, Regional forms.)

I think the issue is that fspecies isnt being called in joining the abilities so it takes the last two abilities and copies them whereever a form is.
Ah you're right, I used species when i was supposed to use fspecies for the forms_pbs processing.

Jukes

Cooltrainer
So aside from that the only other thing i'd like to ask how to do is how can i force it to save after doing a trade. People can duplicate pokemon easily without this feature

Jukes

Cooltrainer
so what would I have to change in my pokemon processor to fix that. I figured it out, but dunno how to fix it LOL

Jukes

Cooltrainer
Managed to break it. Lol ive changed a bunch of species to fspecies. It's still not working

Jukes

Cooltrainer
1709323047248.png

Jukes

Cooltrainer
are you updating the file? I might just wait for it to be done LOL

Back