• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokémon Tempest Release

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version
Welcome to Pokémon Tempest, a game based in Pokémon Essentials v19! In this game, you will traverse the Ufara Region, completing quests for the 3 professors in order to better understand the diverse weather and new types of the region! Along the way you'll encounter a point where you must choose an expedition team to join, opening some paths while closing others.

Your starter is a new Pokémon developed by Professor Metto in hopes of better understanding the many weather types scattered across Ufara! With its ability Barometric, it can change forms to match the weather and also change the weather to better match up against its opponent! Altemper is also a dual-type of 2 of the 3 new typings found in Ufara, Cosmic/Time! With Sound as the other typing, you'll learn how the type match-up table has shifted and see what old Pokémon have gained this new typing!

You will also encounter many Ufaran forms of Pokémon, which are said to be developed by one of Prof Metto's colleagues and have since scattered across Ufara!

New additions:
-3 new types
-New fakemon starter
-Regional variants
-Chapter and mission based progression
-Quest UI
-Random side quest generator
-Daily updating weather, with weather to match every type
-boss battles (using EBDX)
-item crafting system for making HM items

The game is fully released through the main story, and the link is below!

================
LINK TO THE GAME
===============
Pokémon Tempest Launcher

Note: the Launcher here requires some aid to make it work until the next fix is added, so join the server and there will be instructions on how to fix your download.
================
Join the Discord linked here to download the latest version as patches will also be released as soon as they are completed, while updates will be more timed. So please come enjoy the Ufara region!

Discord link: https://discord.gg/mTEkbDn6bu

==========================
CREDITS
=========================

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
AvatarMonkeyKirby, Marin, Boushy, MiDas Mike, Brother1440, Near Fantastica, FL., PinkMan, Genzai Kawakami, Popper, help-14, Rataime, IceGod64, SoundSpawn, Jacob O. Wobbrock, the__end, KitsuneKouta, Venom12, Lisa Anthony, Wachunga, Luka S.J., and everyone else who helped out

Credit:
Plug-ins:
Marin
Maruno
Luka-SJ
Golisopod User
Voltseon
Boonzeet
Nuri Yuri
Mej 71
derFischae
Carmaniac
Avery
Kleinstudio

Tileset:
WesleyFG
lichenprincess

Phantombass - art, all other scripts and plug-ins not mentioned, mapping, events

ThatWelshOne_ - playtesting, feedback, etc., and the Quest UI

Update: Chapter 4 has since been released, and the game has been updated to Essentials v19!

Update: Chapter 5 has recently released and the game is now a full demo. The next release will take a significant amount of time but will include the end of the main story!

Update: The full release is out! Post game content will come as an update in the future!

Attachments

• 976.png
    976.png
    3.4 KB · Views: 10,061
  • unknown-7.png
    unknown-7.png
    37.8 KB · Views: 604
  • 443_2.png
    443_2.png
    2.8 KB · Views: 525
  • unknown-6.png
    unknown-6.png
    135.8 KB · Views: 503
Last edited:

Hexcalliber

Cooltrainer
Hello there!
I have downloaded the game and started to playing it. it seems very well made and have a intresting premiss. but theres something i need to know like how long is the game and how hard is it like from the avarage game to pokemon reborn and rejuvination. And one last thing. i download the game from the link in the wedsite and it said the game is on version 1.5.5 but the title shows 1.4 did i download the wrog one or

phantombass

Cooltrainer
Hello there!
I have downloaded the game and started to playing it. it seems very well made and have a intresting premiss. but theres something i need to know like how long is the game and how hard is it like from the avarage game to pokemon reborn and rejuvination. And one last thing. i download the game from the link in the wedsite and it said the game is on version 1.5.5 but the title shows 1.4 did i download the wrog one or
You downloaded the right file. I just didn't update it internally.

The game runs about 8 hours and is a little harder than average but nowhere near the level of Reborn. The biggest challenge will be learning the types and weathers as well as working around the hard level cap implemented.

Hexcalliber

Cooltrainer
You downloaded the right file. I just didn't update it internally.

The game runs about 8 hours and is a little harder than average but nowhere near the level of Reborn. The biggest challenge will be learning the types and weathers as well as working around the hard level cap implemented.
thanks for replying. I do have a question though where can i get the torch part 2, i have part 1 and 3

Hexcalliber

Cooltrainer
where im i suppose to go after Astral Peak, i report back to stella at the HQ already but my mission log didnt update and i dont know where to go next

phantombass

Cooltrainer
where im i suppose to go after Astral Peak, i report back to stella at the HQ already but my mission log didnt update and i dont know where to go next
I believe she mentions someone needing help with side quests. Go to the house in the top right of the town. There's an old dude there who will get you started on your next quest

Hexcalliber

Cooltrainer
i think i found this bug where if you enter the houses on the bottom of coral step ur lv cap got reset back to 26 (it said u have already finished this quest and the lv cap got reset and stuck there). I encounter this before but i save it after by accident and have to start the game again but now Cynthia is in one of those houses so idk what to do now

Last edited:

phantombass

Cooltrainer
i think i found this bug where if you enter the houses on the bottom of coral step ur lv cap got reset back to 26 (it said u have already finished this quest and the lv cap got reset and stuck there). I encounter this before but i save it after by accident and have to start the game again but now Cynthia is in one of those houses so idk what to do now
I'll look into this but I've never seen this. That's so wild.

phantombass

Cooltrainer
Uploading the fixed game now. It'll say 1.5.7 when it's done

phantombass

Cooltrainer
There we go, should be good

Back