• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

In Development Pokémon Comet

This project is a work in progress. The content is subject to change, and not finished yet.

Stars have been disappearing due to an old threat reemerging.
Save the Pokémon universe from destruction in Pokémon Comet!

1-title.png

Heroes
2-characters.png

Meet our heroes: You’ll be playing as Fynn(m)/Didi(f), who lives with their father in a picturesque town in the small Loudon Region. The player just turned 17 and gets gifted a starter Pokémon by their aunt Olive, who is a Pokémon researcher.

Starters
3-starters.png

Which one will you choose? Professor Olive travels around, thus being able to provide starter Pokémon from various regions. The player gets to choose from Charmander, Chikorita and Oshawott. Various small quests and errands introduce the player to the concept of being a Pokémon Trainer.

A brand-new region with brand-new challenges!
4-region.png

The Loudon Region is a small region somewhere north of Kalos. It is known as a true melting pot of cultures and customs and a very popular traveling destination for Kalos residents who are looking to get away from their busy daily lives.

Nostalgic Gen IV graphics!
5-screenshots.png

Explore the region in glorious pixelated pseudo-3d! Each tile was created with the greatest care to ensure that Loudon looks the best it can. Some by me, some with a little help from our friends at Game Freak.

Additional promotional screenshots (source: my DeviantArt)
royalille_promo_by_iametrine-dbby9rs.png

royalillegym_promo_by_iametrine-dbc7gv8.png

dads_house_by_iametrine-dbe33l8.png

milbarn_by_iametrine-dbhn2va.png

honidew_gym_by_iametrine-dbjcv12.png

I'm very curious as to what you'd like to see. Do you have a suggestion or some feedback?
Please do make sure to let me know! Please do not use any of the graphics depicted in this thread, with the exception of the official starter artwork by K. Sugimori.

Pokémon Essentials
Poccil | Maruno | Flameguru

Ultimate Battle System
Luka S.J. | Maruno | dragonnite | Eli | lilatraube | Pokecheck.org | redblueyellow

Several Scripts
By Klein Studio

The Pokémon franchise
Game Freak | Nintendo | The Pokémon Company

Special thanks to DaybreakM and Cilerba for always being there when I have something to nag about
Trainer spriter
Scripter
Eventer
Mapper

Last edited:

Rhyden

Shuckle Kheen
The region map looks spectacular and the overworld variations are quite appealing. This game is looking very solid right now, with the exception of the ambiguous 2-liner plot. But I suppose you're trying to keep your project as spoiler free as possible. I'm looking forward to seeing where this project goes and hopefully you can find yourself a small crew to help you out (presuming you've done all this work by yourself up to this point). Best of luck to you!

TypicalJalapeno

Novice

1-title.png

Heroes
2-characters.png

Meet our heroes: You’ll be playing as Fynn(m)/Didi(f), who lives with their father in a picturesque town in the small Loudon Region. The player just turned 17 and gets gifted a starter Pokémon by their aunt Olive, who is a Pokémon researcher.

Starters
3-starters.png

Which one will you choose? Professor Olive travels around, thus being able to provide starter Pokémon from various regions. The player gets to choose from Charmander, Chikorita and Oshawott. Various small quests and errands introduce the player to the concept of being a Pokémon Trainer.

4-region.png

The Loudon Region is a small region somewhere north of Kalos. It is known as a true melting pot of cultures and customs and a very popular traveling destination for Kalos residents who are looking to get away from their busy daily lives.

5-screenshots.png

Explore the region in glorious pixelated pseudo-3d! Each tile was created with the greatest care to ensure that Loudon looks the best it can. Some by me, some with a little help from our friends at Game Freak.

I'm very curious as to what you'd like to see. Do you have a suggestion or some feedback?
Please do make sure to let me know! Please do not use any of the graphics depicted in this thread, with the exception of the official starter artwork by K. Sugimori.

Pokémon Essentials
Created by Poccil, vastly expanded by Maruno

Ultimate Battle System
Created by the amazing Luka SJ

Several Scripts
By Klein Studio

Pokémon franchise
Game Freak / Nintendo

Special thanks to DaybreakM and Cilerba for always being there when I have something to nag about
Trainer spriter
Scripter
Eventer
Mapper

I can do some bit of sripting/eventing and I am pretty good in mapping forests and caves. If you need assistance, send me a direct message.

Taq

Sandwich Master
I can do some bit of sripting/eventing and I am pretty good in mapping forests and caves. If you need assistance, send me a direct message.

I don't think you need to reply on the whole thing but yeah.

Anyway my overall opinion on this is that it looks pretty good. I like the visual aesthetic and looks pretty good.
However I have a small critique on the idea of mixing starters, To me I am okay of putting them together for non fakemon games, however some people are not a fan, but that's my only worry. Overall it's pretty good looking and I hope to see more.

P.S. Is the region based on a real world location?

dewitty

Wine mom and tile guy
The region map looks spectacular and the overworld variations are quite appealing. This game is looking very solid right now, with the exception of the ambiguous 2-liner plot. But I suppose you're trying to keep your project as spoiler free as possible. I'm looking forward to seeing where this project goes and hopefully you can find yourself a small crew to help you out (presuming you've done all this work by yourself up to this point). Best of luck to you!

Thank you! As for the plot, you're right! I have a story thought out, but I don't want to reveal everything. Will probably reveal some more as the project progresses.

Anyway my overall opinion on this is that it looks pretty good. I like the visual aesthetic and looks pretty good.
However I have a small critique on the idea of mixing starters, To me I am okay of putting them together for non fakemon games, however some people are not a fan, but that's my only worry. Overall it's pretty good looking and I hope to see more.

P.S. Is the region based on a real world location?

Thank you! The region was originally based on a part of the Netherlands, but as I optimalized the layout for gameplay that kind of got lost. Still happy with it though! As for the starters; their variation is explained by the Professor traveling a lot, and I just picked my favourites. :P

Hematite

Trainer
HOLY FUDGE

IT'S DEWITTY

I KNOW YOU

I mean, I never commented or talked to you or anything which is definitely for the best because I was like ten or something and very dim; I would be so embarrassed right now if you did know me then, haha, but YOU WERE THE FIRST FANGAME DEVELOPER I KNEW ABOUT AND STARTED FOLLOWING AND STUFF

YOU'RE BACK AND WORKING ON POKÉMON AND IT LOOKS AMAZING AND I CANNOT WAIT

Ahem. I'll stop. XP In all seriousness, though, this looks fantastic!! The tiles look wonderful - the lineless style is fantastic, and every one of the screenshots is gorgeous!

I definitely think the forest shadows look really clean and smooth. You didn't go overboard with it (a lot of games go for more complex shapes and with a lot more frequency); this is enough to be pretty and pleasing but not too much and not distracting! And it's so crisp! The smooth edges look like you've drawn them than you've pixeled them and then hastily anti-aliased or blurred.

I also think you pulled off the slight angle on houses really well! I've seen that sort of thing done awkwardly before, but you have it subtly enough that it doesn't stand out strangely. I do think you should be careful with that - I'm not sure how it would look with the same house on the same plane if they're not horizontally aligned - but that doesn't come up in most of your screenshots, and the only screenshot where it does happen (the top right one) has the houses spaced out enough that it doesn't create any issues, so it looks you're already handling that well!

I'm not really sure what else to say, haha, but good luck!!!! This looks amazing and I'm absolutely going to be following it!!!! I am so excited that you're back!!!!

AnonymousHominus

Rookie
Oh man, those trainer sprites look so good. The overworld looks beautiful and although I personally do not like the pseudo-3d stuff your buildings look very clean. I am looking forward to this adventure for sure.

44tim44

Blaze Red & Lush Green Developer
Looking hella' fine, Dew!
The tiles are amazing. <3

If you ever need any help with anything, don't be afraid to ask!

NtM

Rookie

1-title.png

Heroes
2-characters.png

Starters
3-starters.png

4-region.png

5-screenshots.png

Pokémon Essentials
Created by Poccil, vastly expanded by Maruno

Ultimate Battle System
Created by the amazing Luka SJ

Several Scripts
By Klein Studio

Pokémon franchise
Game Freak / Nintendo

Trainer spriter
Scripter
Eventer
Mapper

Hey, this project is looking really solid, I love the pseudo 3D, as it reminds me of my youth actually:) If you're still looking for a mapper I would love to help out on this project! Send me a DM if you're interested then I can show some of my maps!

MasterBallz

x99
This is lowkey how gen 4 should've looked Please don't give up on this beautiful game. One thing i don't see though is mention of any fakemon or added evolutions to existing pokemon with how beautiful your tiles and maps are i'm sure you could crank out at least 50 to 100 decent ones because a new region always deserves new friends to make.

Back