• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Animated Sprites for vanilla Essentials

Resource Animated Sprites for vanilla Essentials 2.0

SebastiaanZ

Trainer
I had the line 33 error as well ... now I just got an issue with positioning of sprites. They drop below the battler base. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Keemonto

Novice
Yeah, I think the sprites will all need to be repositioned. Mine were all in funky places, anyway.

Noahverse

Rookie
Hello, thank you so much for this script!
I'd like to know if there is a way to have the back-facing battlers (the player's) to be scaled up? Like in EBS, because yeah those look a bit too small with the Gen III/IV styled display of Vanilla Pokémon Essentials.

Lyrakirlia

Rookie
oh alright!
so you have to put the whole code in the "i got the code from here" line by luka SJ in a new script above main but below luka's scripting utilities and then follow the steps tenshi of war has given for the existing scripts.
i worked for me.
I'm having the same issue in which the sprites appear in every frame on the battlefield. What is "i got the code from here" mean?

The cool Treecko

Novice
I'm having the same issue in which the sprites appear in every frame on the battlefield. What is "i got the code from here" mean?
there is a link embedded in the sentence
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Credits:
Luka S.J. (I took the script from here).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this line

Tenshi of War

Novice
Tenshi of War updated Animated in-battle Sprites for vanilla Essentials with a new update entry:

All Sprites Repositioning

The download now comes with:
► the script (instructions to install inside);
► all sprites in the Battlers folder, already resized in 96x96p (static sprites are not in the best quality!)
► an English PBS containing battlers coordinates (made for all 898 pokémons and forms)

Fixed some mistakes with the sprites (for example i remember Darmanitan, Goodra).
All sprites and shadows repositioned with the vanilla essentials debug menu. You can make adjustments as you like with that.

Please credit...

Read the rest of this update entry...

GalarianZapdos

Novice
many sprites are coming its just take the image and show should anyone know how to fix
plz tell all steps properly

Zhigs

Rookie
This is a great resource! Unfortunately, after adding the pokemon.txt PBS file, RMXP wouldn't compile my game. I went through and noticed that some Pokémon had Pokédex data twice or not at all, and comparing it with the original Gen 8 PBS side by side in VS Code I noticed that almost every Pokémon's "Kind" data is incorrect (not that it's ever used for anything lol). I went through and copied all this new position data into my original copy of pokemon.txt and everything works great, thanks so much Tenshi of War, you have saved us all a lot of time. I've attached my audited copy of pokemon.txt for anybody who wants to review or use it.

Attachments

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
It seems that when you use an animated sprite for newer Pokemon which usually have less frames, the animation speeds up a whole lot and it looks a bit strange. Is there anyway to prevent this from happening?
26032021-143143-REC.gif

SebastiaanZ

Trainer
There is one thing though. I also have some custom Pokemon that are not animated. They become giant sized with this. Is there a way to fix this without having to manually resize them all?

TheDogDad

I love jam
Just curious, does this work with the current version of Essentials? I have tried downloading EBS from Lucas page before and had issues because it wasn't compatible with Essentials v18. I'm new to all this and I don't have a lot of knowledge and experience to go off of, lol.

Just curious, does this work with the current version of Essentials? I have tried downloading EBS from Lucas page before and had issues because it wasn't compatible with Essentials v18. I'm new to all this and I don't have a lot of knowledge and experience to go off of, lol.
It lists the compatibility in the resource description-
Tested and 100% working with vanilla Essentials v18.1✅, but it should work with v18 as well.
Hey i'm having trouble getting this work my sprites are not getting animated. :/
You kind of need to be more specific- how are your sprites formatted? Are you getting any error messages, or are they just staying still?

Tenshi of War

Novice
It seems that when you use an animated sprite for newer Pokemon which usually have less frames, the animation speeds up a whole lot and it looks a bit strange. Is there anyway to prevent this from happening?
View attachment 3192
Sorry to answer so late.
This resource is gonna be updated very very soon, thanks to Luka S.J. who made a completely new wrapper for EBDX.
With the new script you can select how many frames to skip and/or how to speed it up (or slow it down).
The speed value was possible in the old version of this script as well, if you find it in the code.
However, I think it has to be global, so you may need to add extra frames to your GIF. This can be useful in the new script because of the "skip" value, so you know exactly which frames are gonna be skipped.

Back