• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Animated Sprites for vanilla Essentials

Resource Animated Sprites for vanilla Essentials 2.0

Tenshi of War

Novice
Tenshi of War submitted a new resource:

Animated in-battle Sprites for vanilla Essentials - A script that allows animated in-battle pokémon sprites in the default version of Essentials.

With this script you can use the in-battle Pokémon sprites from EBS in the default version of Pokémon Essentials.
In fact, this script was not made by me, but it was completely made by Luka S.J., please give credit to him.
I just added a few lines and instructions to install.

With the download you can also find all the compatible sprites (gen 1-8). I already resized them, but I took them from EBS and the Generation 8 Project for Essentials v18. Please credit them if used...

Read more about this resource...

King_Waluigi

The King of Waaahh!
Tenshi of War submitted a new resource:

Animated in-battle Sprites for vanilla Essentials - A script that allows animated in-battle pokémon sprites in the default version of Essentials.

Read more about this resource...
So I did everything the scripts said to do, but the sprites aren't working like in the demonstration video. How do I fix this?
Pokemon Championship 3_9_2021 10_07_33 PM.png

Ozander

Ozander
Anyone here who has edited file? I need it because I can't change and find AnimatedBitmap

The cool Treecko

Novice
No, lol the level 999 is so I can beat the game and playtest quickly. The problems are the sprites
oh alright!
so you have to put the whole code in the "i got the code from here" line by luka SJ in a new script above main but below luka's scripting utilities and then follow the steps tenshi of war has given for the existing scripts.
i worked for me.

Leondrea

Trainer
I may be using this one day in the future for my gen 8 projects when there'll be animated gen 8 Pokemon battler sprites that work
with and without Sj's battle system.

King_Waluigi

The King of Waaahh!
oh alright!
so you have to put the whole code in the "i got the code from here" line by luka SJ in a new script above main but below luka's scripting utilities and then follow the steps tenshi of war has given for the existing scripts.
i worked for me.
Sorry, I forgot to come back, I fixed it lol

AenaonDogsky

Arbiter of Doggos
Tenshi I think there's a mistake in the installation guide contained within the script.

5. Go to "def pbLoadSpeciesBitmap", it should be around line 66, and
# replace "AnimatedBitmap" with "AnimatedPokemonBitman" (Pokédex fix).
It should be "AnimatedPokemonBitmap" not "Bitman".

Also I think I found more instances of "AnimatedBitmap" in the Shadow Pokemon part, and perhaps elsewhere. (Not the party icon section though, I guess that should be left out anyway).

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
Is there any way to make the backsprites bigger in battle? They seem incredibly small.

Capture.PNG

Victorcarvalhosp

Novice
That's awesome! In the beggining of Luka Script I can read this section:

"use my GIF to PNG converter to properly format your sprites"

It's possible to share this tool too? I have some gifs that I would like to convert for my game.

Keemonto

Novice
For some reason I keep getting a syntax error in line 33
On line 33, the first AnimatedPokemonBitmap didn't need to be changed, and needs to be reverted to animatedBitmap. I had the same problem, and that's how I fixed it.

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
That's awesome! In the beggining of Luka Script I can read this section:

"use my GIF to PNG converter to properly format your sprites"

It's possible to share this tool too? I have some gifs that I would like to convert for my game.
Someone sent it to me, so now I shall share it with you.

GIF2PNG.rar - Google Drive

Back