• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Switch event locations event has me stumped

boris_morris

Novice
I'm trying to create a map that is an array of holes with digletts that appear (seemingly) at random out of different holes for various amounts of time. If a player steps in a hole when there is no diglett, I want the player to fall down the hole and pop out a different one (managed that). If the player touches a hole when a diglett is present, I want to initiate a battle or flip a switch or something (also got that).
To set this up I'm using a transfer and move route event on touch for each hole, 3 diglett events that start off screen, and a "master event" that controls the whole thing. The master event is a parallel process event (when puzzle is active) that is a looping series of "Set Event Location: switch with [x] event." It works perfectly when the player is standing still, but when the player moves, the digletts begin to slide around the map maintaining the same distance from the player when I just want them to stay in the spot they transferred to until it's time to move again.
Any thoughts on why I've got weird sliding events after "Set Event Location" events? Is there a better way to achieve this "Whack-a-Mole" type mini-game? Note this is for the game jam, so if anybody wants to help with events similar to this, I've got 3 open spots on my team for scripters, eventers, and/or artists that are better at this than me.

Samdeman123124

Novice
Hi, I believe I had a problem like this, the way I fixed it is by changing graphic in set move route instead of set event location. This might not work for a event as complicated as yours tho.

boris_morris

Novice
Best I can think of that makes this work is a whole bunch of switches that are tripped in a repeating loop in a parallel process event, and each switch is associated with a different configuration of digletts and empty holes. Maybe not the most elegant, but arms up guy I don't know how to draw. Thanks for the reply though, @Samdeman123124 .

Crono099

Rookie
well this would have made diglet tunnel so awesome back in red blue day id have never left. really love this idea

Back