• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

In Development Pokémon: Timeless Version

This project is a work in progress. The content is subject to change, and not finished yet.
Project Status
Work in Progress
Project Version

Pokémon Timeless Version [Placeholder]

S0.png

Blurb

Former Hoenn Champion, recently dethroned by Steven Stone, you were recently invited by Diazoc Champion to move in to his region and help him investigate strange time-related phenomena. Your timeline is in danger and the only one who can save it is you and the Time Travel Pokémon Celebi who has recently disappeared.

Concept

A fangame made by oldschool Pokémon player for oldschool Pokémon players with some revamped mechanics and some focus on competitive aspects.

About the project

I have grown up in the Brazilian 90s-00s playing the first three generations of Pokémon. I have played every generation ever since but I still keep coming back to Kanto, Hoenn and Johto. This game doesn't intend to reinvent the wheel and aims to give what would feel like a "2000s Pokémon Experience" with some modern mechanics. I always dreamt of making my own game, but never having enough time (full-time worker) or knowledge (Social scientist here...), I found in Pokémon Essentials the perfect opportunity to do so. I have been working on and off on this game for the last year or so. It is meant to have everything you would expect from a 3rd gen mainline game with some minor twists for a more challenging experience: 8 dual-typed gyms scattered throughout a diverse region, a Pokémon League you have to beat in order to be the very best and an evil team who has its own worldview and objectives.

The project is currently in a very rudimentary state and is only playable until the first gym. In order to upload a demo, I want to rewrite the whole intro and continue the story until the second gym. My whole life I have defined myself as a duck - a versatile animal which can fly, walk or swim, but can't handle any of these skills very well. I try to sprite, map and write and can only do so in my very limited free-time. Again, the idea is not to be a groundbreaking game. Like most of you, I just want to share my love for Pokémon and tell a story.

Made using

Pokémon Essentials 18.1

Team

_ Landon _

Screenshots

S2.png

S3.png

S4.png

S5.png

S6.png

S7.png

S1.png

You can also find some map screenshots here (Reddit post).​

Features (so far)

A nostalgic Gen 3 style
A whole new region to explore
Physical Special Split
HM turned into items
Turbo Mode
Pokémon Center and Pokémart merged into one building
The Pokémon Management Machine (PMM): Free move remember, move deleter and name rater in all Pokémon Centers
Pokémon Reborn Animations
Pokémon appear in overworld
A Swamp catching contest
Trainer Sprites matching Battle Sprites
Dual-type gym leaders with fair coverage and interesting strategies
Unconventional starter trio in Trapinch, Spheal and Shinx (Rebalanced to have a similar growth and movepool)

Credits

Pokémon Essentials:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno
Brother1440<s>Near Fantastica
FL.<s>PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami<s>Popper
help-14<s>Rataime
IceGod64<s>SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock<s>the__end
KitsuneKouta<s>Venom12
Lisa Anthony<s>Wachunga
Luka S.J.<s>
and everyone else who helped out
Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak
NoodlesButt
PhoenixPrincess
BenGames,Films, Jorginho
AveonTrainer
YoungDante
Skeizer
Egg overworld
Nico Mts
5QU3L3T0N
Mountaindude246
Trainer sprite creator - remer

Pokémon Reborn animations
Amethyst Jan Inuki Smeargletail Mde
Koyo
--Sound:
Amethyst Pokemon Mystery Universe
--Graphic Rip:
Neslug

Scripts
Scripting Utilities by Luka S.J.
New animated and modular Title Screen for Pokemon Essentials by Luka S.J.
Better Fast-forward Mode by Marin
Klein Footprints for Pokémon Essentials by http://kleinstudio.deviantart.com
Quicksave by Marin
HMs as Items by FL
Fly Animation by Klein Studio
Additional editing by derFischae and Bulbasaurlvl5
Visible Overworld Encounters V2.0.4 for PEv18 - by derFischae

Also, huge thanks to Thundaga and all the wonderful videos that taught me everything that I know about Pokémon Essentials or RPG Maker.

Please! If you some use of a resource that went uncredited, please let me know! I try to be as throrough as possible but sometimes proper credit giving is slippery, specially if someone sent me over a resource through a PM somewhere.

You want to help?

That's lovely and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am always glad in taking help from other aspiring makers, sprites, composers or whatever you find that would be an asset to this game :) Whenever I release a first demo, I will also be very thankful if someone could playtest it and help me with spelling or grammar mistakes, since I am not a native English speaker. Also, if you went through the trouble of reading a little about my project, I would very much like to thank you :)

Back